How we made the most of Cheers on Carnival Splendor

Do you know which Pyrat Rum was 25.00????

The rum was Pyrat Cask 1623. Went down really smooth.

The specialty tea on Carnival is the Art of Tea brand which was available in dining rooms. I didn't have afternoon tea but think it was available there for purchase. Very good tea although don't see why they have to serve the worst quality Lipton as the only free option.

• 1 month later...
The rum was Pyrat Cask 1623. Went down really smooth.

The specialty tea on Carnival is the Art of Tea brand which was available in dining rooms. I didn't have afternoon tea but think it was available there for purchase. Very good tea although don't see why they have to serve the worst quality Lipton as the only free option.

Was the Cask 1623 on a menu anywhere? That is some fantastic rum and I'd love to get my hands on some. Especially if Cheers covers it!

Did you tip in cash or on the charge slip? (There has been discussion here about cash tips going to the individual and those on the slip being split, so I'm still unsure the "best" way to handle.)

I asked this question to the bartenders and they said if you add a tip on the bottom of the receipt it goes to them individually. The Cheers prepaid tip of 15% is divided between all of them. So whether you pay extra in cash or add it on the receipt they get it.

After reading all of these great tips, I have a thought. I like the idea of bringing a stack of ones. I will tip the bartender $1 for every drink I get. At the end of the cruise, I will know how many drinks I ordered and can see if I got to the 6-7 needed per day to "break even". I may have to fine tune this idea but I might be onto something. Please don't laugh at my idea!

Once again, everyone here on Cruise Critic has passed on such helpful information. Thanks!

This might be a silly question, but I just want to confirm that we're able to use cheers while in port. We're leaving on the Triumph on a 5 day out of New Orleans in October and we're thinking about getting cheers. While we're docked in Cozumel and Yucatan can we still utilize our cheers program?

Thanks in advance! I know this is probably answered else where, but I didn't see it.

And I also have a question for all you Cheer-ful folks :rolleyes:: does the Cheers package include bottles of beer? And If so, must the Cheers user buy one bottle at a time? I remember on a cruise (not Carnival) when my husband would bring back "buckets" of beer (5 bottles for a special price) for us to share in our cabin, keeping undrunk bottles in our frig for later. Since alcohol packages seem to be designed to disallow sharing, I presume this sort of thing --buying multiple bottles, or even multiple drinks at one time on one card -- is not allowed?

This might be a silly question, but I just want to confirm that we're able to use cheers while in port. We're leaving on the Triumph on a 5 day out of New Orleans in October and we're thinking about getting cheers. While we're docked in Cozumel and Yucatan can we still utilize our cheers program?

Thanks in advance! I know this is probably answered else where, but I didn't see it.

As long as you're on the ship, yes!

And I also have a question for all you Cheer-ful folks :rolleyes:: does the Cheers package include bottles of beer? And If so, must the Cheers user buy one bottle at a time? I remember on a cruise (not Carnival) when my husband would bring back "buckets" of beer (5 bottles for a special price) for us to share in our cabin, keeping undrunk bottles in our frig for later. Since alcohol packages seem to be designed to disallow sharing, I presume this sort of thing --buying multiple bottles, or even multiple drinks at one time on one card -- is not allowed?

Yes, you may buy bottles of beer....but only one at a time. Buckets of beer are not allowed on the Cheers program. You may buy one drink at five minute intervals. Some sit at a bar and buy a beer every five minutes, ask the bartender to keep the bottle unopened, and take the unopened bottles back to their cabins for later.

Some also buy "rounds for friends", this is extra cost on your account and not allowed on the Cheers program. Even the ability to it seems to vary by experience and ship.

This is truly a wonderful deal if you can get all the coffee specialties, soda/pop, and premium alcohol. I don't drink alot but premium wine, vodka etc...world of difference for those who drink alot or only on vacation...you stomach and liver thank you for Cheers..lol.

Yes, you may buy bottles of beer....but only one at a time. Buckets of beer are not allowed on the Cheers program. You may buy one drink at five minute intervals. Some sit at a bar and buy a beer every five minutes, ask the bartender to keep the bottle unopened, and take the unopened bottles back to their cabins for later.

Some also buy "rounds for friends", this is extra cost on your account and not allowed on the Cheers program. Even the ability to it seems to vary by experience and ship.

just some clarity...

technically you cant get unopened bottles on cheers (but ymmv)

you can buy a round for friends accornding to the rules (but ymmv)

CHEERS! Q&A's

The following restrictions apply:

• Guests must be 21 years or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors.
  • Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.
  • Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis.
  • CHEERS! is non-refundable; if the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 11:59pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
  • Price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price.
  • Only one alcoholic drink at a time may be ordered using CHEERS! - sharing is not permitted.
  • A double shot will count as 2 drinks.
  • Program allows for unlimited Zero-Proof beverages but only one beverage at a time may be ordered using CHEERS! - sharing is not permitted.
  • There is a 5 minute wait time between ordering drinks.
  • Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.
  • Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.
  • Program only applicable for onboard purchases during regular operating hours.
  • All bottles and cans will be served opened

One of the best things about cheers is when you are walking by a bar and not needing a drink, you can ask for a water/Powerade/coconut water, etc and take to the room for later. You'll always need it.

Another tip, get some $2 bills from your bank and bring those to tip with. If you frequent one area you'll get a reputation and get really good service!

just some clarity...

CHEERS! Q&A's

• Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis.
  • CHEERS! is non-refundable; if the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 11:59pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
  • Price adjustments (up or down) implemented on the day of sailing will replace any previously advertised price.
  • Only one alcoholic drink at a time may be ordered using CHEERS! - sharing is not permitted.
  • Program allows for unlimited Zero-Proof beverages but only one beverage at a time may be ordered using CHEERS! - sharing is not permitted.
  • Guests may purchase a round of drinks for themselves and friends. One drink will count towards the CHEERS! program and the remaining drinks will be charged to the guest's Sail and Sign account.
  • Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hour period (6:00am-6:00am); once the limit is reached, the guest will not be served ANY additional alcoholic drinks.

Yes - 'YMMV' is right! It seems even the company doesn't even know their own rules and different ships vary on these rules and what they will and won't do. The best thing to do is, ask for what you want! You may get what you want, you may not. Be surprised and have a good time!

for the first time ever, I have purchased "cheers". My normal vacation drinking might or might not mean this will be worth it for me, however, I purchased it because I could pre purchase, before my cruise, and therefore pay it before my cruise. In past cruises, I kept to the cheaper priced mixed drinks and wines, and my daily bar bill would hit about 40 to 45.00. I do however enjoy a cappuccino at times, and a good cup of coffee, so this up coming cruise, I booked it.

I can easily consume 6 glasses of prosecco, or good quality wine plus one "cruiser" or mango swirl a day, so figure, buy purchasing it this time, I can enjoy better glasses of wine, as well as some good coffee, and of course, a baileys or a grand marnier just before bedtime:D, and per my normal bar purchases, I will be doing slightly better than breaking even.:D

I am looking forward to my upcoming cruise:)

just some clarity...

CHEERS! Q&A's

I apologize if this is a stupid question.... Does the "all bottles and cans will be served open" rule apply to water and powerade or just alcoholic beverages?

it would be nice to grab water on the way back to our cabin to have on hand.

We have considered buying the Cheers package previously but always thought we would not drink enough to justify its purchase.

Since the rule changes and including speciality coffees and more expensive drinks we were seriously considering it this time.

Our decision has now been made for us, since the announcement that there would be no non EU ports on our upcoming Vista cruise now that our stop in Kusadasi Turkey has been pulled. That means that an additional 10% purchase tax will be added to every drinks purchase.

If we buy Cheers in advance then that tax is not added.

I apologize if this is a stupid question.... Does the "all bottles and cans will be served open" rule apply to water and powerade or just alcoholic beverages?

it would be nice to grab water on the way back to our cabin to have on hand.

I believe that only applies to alcohol and sodas. Sodas are generally served poured into a glass.