New Free at Sea promo live! Details inside

daycrews

Yes and also when I did a mock booking for two OV cabins it didn't even show the Free Wifi package as an option.....?
What sailing? What exact category? Did it offer you all of the other perks as choices, or no choices at all?

If you were booking category OX, you get nothing, that's in the terms of the promo.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

So I just did mock booking. The 3rd and 4th free are not for the packages but are actually a choice as one of them

I thought that too, but I called NCL to check. For a balcony on the getaway I am getting adult Bev package, kids sale free, $100 arcade and 50 free pictures.

I could not get that when checking online so It was a nice surprise!

I thought that too, but I called NCL to check. For a balcony on the getaway I am getting adult Bev package, kids sale free, $100 arcade and 50 free pictures.

I booked today and that's exactly what was offered.

I just talked to a manager, and was told that it is a glitch and the third and fourth person do not get any perks at least for Haven or suites which is what I was interested in. As we all know, NCL does not have to hold true to any errors they make an advertising therefore they are not. Supposedly it is being reported and will be fixed as far as the Internet goes. The new perks that started today, I was told, allows lower type of cabins to receive prrks they were not permitted to receive before.

Again that's what the manager told me.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

I'm not positive but the $100 arcade and 50 free pictures may have shown up automatically as they are part of recent promo that is set to expire shortly. It wasn't something you chose, you got it automatically.

Before when you had a "kids" sale free promo on a sailing and two promo choices were available for a stateroom category you could pick for example beverage and dining packages and just pay port fees and taxes for passengers 3 and 4. Under the new promo that showed up today for stateroom with two choices if 3rd & 4th passengers free is available then the 3rd & 4th passengers free (plus port fees & taxes) count as one of your two choices. The other choice only applies to passengers 1 and 2 which is same as recent promotions. If you want passengers 3 & 4 "free" you can choose dining, drinking, or shore excursion promo but not two of them.

Different rules apply for suites.

Hawkeyetlse, I was looking at an 01 family OV cabin connecting to an OB. It wasn't a guarantee, just a regular booking. It showed me some variations of promo choice duos to select from - UBP, SDP, and shore excursions only, no Wifi package. FFSF wouldn't apply as a choice for me because it's in June 2017 and not one of the select sailings. It's probably just a glitch.

Just an FYI I just did a mock booking for my same cabin category that I'm already booked in for October with just free wifi as I didn't want ubp sdp or excursions although I did have them as a choice when I booked

And guess what?

With the new promos my cruise is now $250 more in total today than it was 2 days ago when I did another mock booking

And there is more free promo choice now than when I booked at a cost of $250 of course

Btw 2 days ago it was still exactly what I paid when I booked....with the same promos as when I booked

Not today though...but hey the free promos are there

Go figure. Ha ha

And yes I know the prices change as departure gets closer but when it's a 48 hour difference and ncl touting freebies it's just so obvious

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Crusin6

They have now updated the terms and conditions link, and the beverage/dining perks are still just for guests 1-2. And if you do a mock booking the Choice Promo Service charge still only shows up for guestst 1 and 2. This is only to be expected, because I cannot imagine them offering guests 3 & 4 a free cruise plus the free UBP… That would make this the most generous promo ever, and it would be pretty huge news. (And I bet that even if they offered that, people would continue to complain that it wasn't really "free" because of taxes and the 18% :rolleyes:)

Who knows what they were thinking when they added this totally misleading phrase "3 & 4 Guest Eligible" to the cruise search display.

As usual, the new terms seem to have been written in a rush. They say that the "Extra Guests Sail Free" promotion is only applicable to Haven and Suites, and not offered for mini-suites and below, but on the front page it is clearly included as one of the 5 choices that all categories can choose from.

On our recent gem GV cruise we had all the perks. Guest 1 & 2 had UBP, Gratuties, and $150 OBC each. ALL 8 had UDP and passengers 3-8 had soda package. Granted this was all booked before FDR came into the picture but YES it did happen and it was a deal that was amazing. It was also KSF.

I had an argument with One of the reps from CAS this morning he insisted we did not all have the UBP I couldn't even get a word in edge wise to tell him yes we did I finally got through to him and told him to look up the old reservation. I believe his mouth fell to the floor when he saw yes we did have it and said oh yeah you did what are you know

It's still bizarre to me that the May promo goes until 5/22, and this new one starting today overlaps. I've never seen that happen before. Usually one of the Choice-type promos ends before the other starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It's still bizarre to me that the May promo goes until 5/22, and this new one starting today overlaps. I've never seen that happen before. Usually one of the Choice-type promos ends before the other starts.

Ncl website leaves a little to be desired

Ncl website leaves a little to be desired

It's not even a website thing. That's the info sent to travel agents, etc.

They've done it a couple of times just this year, actually. For example, the promo they announced at the beginning of January said "Booking Window: 1/4/2016 - 4/10/2016", but it didn't last anywhere near that long. They introduced "Pick Two" the last week of January, and the previous promo was never heard from again.

Seems like Third and fourth passengers are included in additional perks as well instead of just first and second passengers

Harriet

How do you see that? Not only is it more expensive than what I've booked already but a mock booking still has the UBP for only the 1st 2 guests, not the 3rd. Plus, it definitely is showing 2 different prices, a lower price if you just pick one item and a higher price if you pick 2 or NONE...

I did a mock booking of my vacation I have booked for next May and it is actually $600 cheaper than my original booking as my sailing now qualifies for 3-4 guest free...that said we are in the Haven so we don't have to pick which promos we want. I'm just awaiting call from TA to switch booking

We had been pricing a 7 day on the epic this week as well as rccl with a similar itinerary. Checked again today and the price is the same with the promo for free guests 3 and 4...Yay for increasing 1&2 to cover it, ncl. Grrr

We had been pricing a 7 day on the epic this week as well as rccl with a similar itinerary. Checked again today and the price is the same with the promo for free guests 3 and 4...Yay for increasing 1&2 to cover it, ncl. Grrr

Agreed! I can't believe how high some of the fares have increased, especially for 3 4 Free. It is twice what I booked last year at this time. :eek: