Can we make our return flight home?

WitchyWoman23

We are going on a Celebrity 11 night cruise on Equinox in Nov/Dec! We booked our flights with Celebrity at the same time we booked the cruise. Our flights were considerably cheaper, non-stop and better flying times to fly in and out of Miami for a Ft Lauderdale cruise. We are arriving a day before our cruise so I hope we have covered any extenuating circumstances that leg of the trip. BUT we disembark in Ft. Lauderdale Dec 9, arriving 7 am. We have a flight in Miami at 2:19 pm.

1. Will we make it? I understand TSA is being difficult this summer but maybe not during slow time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope...

2. Should I use a private transfer as we are when we arrive, or should I use Celebrity thinking they will make an effort for us to make our flight?

3. Is there anything I should do for us to disembark faster?

You should be fine. There are always plenty of taxis at the port upon disembarking. If you are worried, you can keep your luggage the night before instead of sending it down and do the walk off at 7am. The custom's line in the port terminal is faster then too. If you get off the ship that early will arrive at Fort Lauderdale airport by 10:00am. That gives you 4 hours to get through security. If your worried about those lines, you could apply for a TSA-precheck now and make that part of the trip less worrisome.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Will we make it? I understand TSA is being difficult this summer but maybe not during slow time between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I hope...

2. Should I use a private transfer as we are when we arrive, or should I use Celebrity thinking they will make an effort for us to make our flight?

3. Is there anything I should do for us to disembark faster?

You will be fine.

I would recommend setting up private transportation from the ship to MIA.

A Celebrity shuttle = you are waiting on other people.

Yeah, I would not worry much about this. If you'd said your flight was at 10 am or something then I'd be more concerned, but after 2 pm? You should be fine.

It might be a good idea to get TSA Pre-Check like someone else said, but it shouldn't be too stressful.