Calling NCL directly

barbidoll

Is it just me having this experience?

I made my reservation (Jewel 9-17-16) by calling NCL. Now i am stuck with having only one person who will help me with it.

I call and leave emails that either get returned days later or not at all.

If I ask to speak with someone else, I get bumped to the guy's voicemail. One time I got transferred to one of his "teammates" and that guy wouldn't help me either.

Back in 2004-2004, I was a home-based agent for NCL. At that time, whoever took a call could help the customer.

I like having control of my own reservation. That's why I call directly instead of using a travel agent. But as you can see, this isn't working out that way for me.

Is this the new norm??

Thanks for listening and any words of wisdom would be appreciated!

Barbara

That hasn't been our experience for our (only two) cruises booked with ncl recently. Our PCC isn't helpful at all and I also like having control of the reservation, so like to book directly. Both times I've booked, I've just called the 800 number, the reps have been really helpful, we've booked the cruises, and I've never had to talk to PCC rep on any follow up calls. Good luck!

My last experience with an NCL PCC is similar. Once he took my initial booking, could never get hold of him by phone or email.

I just called the main number (a couple of times) and told them the PCC was unresponsive. They took care of whatever I wanted right away.

About a week after the cruise I got calls and emails from about booking my next cruise with him :mad:

It sounds like you have a PCC assigned to you. When I booked directly, I just talked with whomever answered the phone and booked and didn't have a PCC. So, on the rare occasions I needed to call anyone could help me. This, of course, is just speculation on my part, but it doesn't make sense that any CS person can't help you unless you have a PCC. Good luck!

One more question.....how did I end up with a pcc in the 1 st place?

THAT is the question! I thought you had to ask for one, but maybe not...

Actually, come to think of it, after I booked, a PCC called and said he was my PCC, but I didn't contact him and just called the main line if I needed help.

Actually, come to think of it, after I booked, a PCC called and said he was my PCC, but I didn't contact him and just called the main line if I needed help.

As soon as you book or cruise, I don't remember which, you are assigned a PCC. I had to change once because the assigned PCC scared me, I could get a hold of her, but she was condescending and negative. It was a big hassle to change, but eventually I pressed on and it happened.

My experience had been similar to yours. I never asked for a PCC, but found myself receiving calls/messages from a particular one. I always call the 800 number for each of the companies I've cruised with to book our cruises and have had no issues getting their assistance. To this day, I still receive emails from the PCCs of the various cruise orgs.......

I was assigned one after our first cruise, and I did not like him at all. Very hard to get ahold of. I got recommendations on here for a replacement, and I have been with her ever since (over 4 years) I absolutely love working with her. All I had to do to change was email a note to her saying that I wanted to switch from him to her, and she took care of everything else.

Well now I'm happy! Got a nice man who listened to my concerns (complaints) and he really helped me out.

I ended up getting a price reduction of $310 plus a bottle of wine and chocolate dipped strawberries and get to keep the ultimate dining package.

He said that I should be getting a call or an email from a supervisor regarding my not wanting to work with my assigned PCC. I would have liked to continue working with the man that just helped me but he said that was out of his control, tho I could request him when I speak with the supervisor.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and advise. I knew I could count on you!!

Barbara

Well now I'm happy! Got a nice man who listened to my concerns (complaints) and he really helped me out.

I ended up getting a price reduction of $310 plus a bottle of wine and chocolate dipped strawberries and get to keep the ultimate dining package.

He said that I should be getting a call or an email from a supervisor regarding my not wanting to work with my assigned PCC. I would have liked to continue working with the man that just helped me but he said that was out of his control, tho I could request him when I speak with the supervisor.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and advise. I knew I could count on you!!

Barbara

Glad you were able to get some help!! Have a great cruise!!

I am dissatisfied with my pcc, too. I have called and talked to them, asked a few questions, they said they would call me back. Did I mention that was 6 months ago. Needless to say, I went through another source for our Caribbean cruise.

I have had the same PCC since 2009. He is SUPER and always calls me very quickly. I send an e-mail and he calls me. Knows all my likes and dislikes and always finds me the best deals available. Really happy with him.

I have a fantastic NCL rep. She calls me when great deals come around and works 24 hours a day. You need to find that person at NCL that really cares. I have sent many friends to her and they are extremely happy. Not sure if I am allowed to give you her name on this forum.( Bonnie in the Mesa,Arizona office)LOL. I email her to get some info on a certain cruise. She knows my preference and books that cabin even before she gets back to me. Just calling the 800 number, you are just being transferred to the next available person.