Summit 5/29: What are the chances. . .

It could happen but they won't make a decision like that until the 28th at the earliest. Storms have a way of changing their minds. That said, after the two issues Royal had out of NJ I expect they will be very very careful.

I could happen, however they are predicting that the storm will hit the coast ( Florida and Georgia) and it doesn't seem to go near Bermuda. Praying it stays far away!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So, I'm wondering, all you experienced cruisers out there, what are the chances that Capt. Kate will re-route the Summit's Sunday departure from Bermuda to a New England itinerary due to the tropical storms brewing?

Probably not - you will be going to Bermuda - planning to hit Florida - but you will have rain all three days you're there now up to 80% change of rain on all days in Bermuda

So, I'm wondering, all you experienced cruisers out there, what are the chances that Capt. Kate will re-route the Summit's Sunday departure from Bermuda to a New England itinerary due to the tropical storms brewing?

Boy I hope so. I already packed my sweathshirt.

Last year we did this exact same cruise. We had 3 STRAIGHT DAYS of Gale Force Winds with on and off rain in Bermuda. You could barely walk. One day, Thursday, we got off the ship, looked at one another and got right back on again. I hate to think we are going to experience the same thing AGAIN this year. Would rather go north and hit nicer weather.

JMO.

Same with us, CruisingChick! I convinced my husband to try again this year, and it looks like it might be another bust!

So now my next question is: what's the weather like at the end of the season? Would September be a better bet?

We were on that cruise, too and will be joining you again. But the year before we sailed the same week to Bermuda on the Grandeur and the weather was PERFECT.

the five day forecast says 78 degrees and 40% chance of rain every day we will be there.

Sounds like the normal forecast for Bermuda. There is always a slight chance of rain somewhere on the Island every day - comes and goes quickly if you are on that part of the island.

Would we learn of a change in destination on Sunday when we are scheduled to depart? Brings back memories of our honeymoon cruise to Bermuda from NYC in 1981. When we got to our stateroom, there was a little typed note telling us that Bermuda was on strike. It was crazy!!!! Couldn't dock, no public transportation . . . Ahhh the good ole days lol

Boy I hope so. I already packed my sweathshirt.

Last year we did this exact same cruise. We had 3 STRAIGHT DAYS of Gale Force Winds with on and off rain in Bermuda. You could barely walk. One day, Thursday, we got off the ship, looked at one another and got right back on again. I hate to think we are going to experience the same thing AGAIN this year. Would rather go north and hit nicer weather.

JMO.

Hope not Cruising Chick as I know you love to cruise - Cruising and cold rain don't mix!!!!!!

Sounds like the normal forecast for Bermuda. There is always a slight chance of rain somewhere on the Island every day - comes and goes quickly if you are on that part of the island.

That is right. Been cruising to Bermuda for years and you can't take the weather forecasts of rain seriously. It can rain for ten minutes and that is it. It can rain on one end and be dry on the other end. And any forecast more than a day in advance is often wrong unless there is a hurricane headed toward Bermuda. Every year people post to the CC Bermuda board freaking out about the ten day forecast and end up having a perfect weather week.

Edited by Charles4515

That is right. Been cruising to Bermuda for years and you can't take the weather forecasts of rain seriously. It can rain for ten minutes and that is it. It can rain on one end and be dry on the other end. And any forecast more than a day in advance is often wrong unless there is a hurricane headed toward Bermuda. Every year people post to the CC Bermuda board freaking out about the ten day forecast and end up having a perfect weather week.

That's music to my ears! Thanks, Charles!

After the Anthem cruise problems, expect Celebrity to be overly cautious. The May 1st cruise left Bermuda a day early because of a storm warning for Friday. We left at 5pm on Thursday. The warning was lifted after we left. We had a nice sea day. I would have preferred being in Bermuda. Got stuck with unused bus tickets. Saved money by not having the pleasure of shopping in Hamilton.

Well, I guess it's all part of the cruising adventure! :)

We did the Labor Day cruise a few years ago, the last Bermuda cruise before they went north and the weather was great. With Hurricane season you just never know but the cruise line will do whatever they have to do to make you safe.

Weather happens. While a cruise to Bermuda can be calm and wonderful, it can also be rough and wet. If Capt. Kate changes your itinerary, make the best of it. You may enjoy a New England or Canada cruise. The weather forecast for your 3 days in Bermuda is windy and wet. However, that could change before Wednesday. Good luck. I have been to Bermuda many times. While it does rain now and then, I have usually had besutiful weather. Been there in April, May, June, and July.

This storm isn't going to go anywhere near Bermuda. Also, it's not going to be very strong. Bermuda can be wet a lot this time of year from weather coming across the US and the tropical weather forecast for NC/VA is a separate issue.

Edited by BND