Adventure of the Seas Updated Details on 2016 Refurb

Yes it is - we are onboard right now, disembark in San Juan on Sunday and off she sails to the Bahamas for the re-vitilization.

Thanks for that update, I may try to follow her on Marine traffic for the trip.

I'm curious, is there anyone at the drydock yard who will be able to post a few photos of the refurb as it progresses? We sail on her in February and are excited to see the progress.

That has been frowned upon by Royal. :(

so is it confirmed that Adventure is going in dry dock or is this the first week that she is out of commission...getting pictures would be fantastic...our group of 21 sails her on 4-8-17...can not wait...

As John said, pictures during remodel are not likely and it looks like that pier facility doesn't have a lot of public access view. I believe the first sailing after this refit is Nov 16th so watch for reviews from then on.

Darn, I was hoping there would be another cruise critic "mole" working at the shipyard who could sneak a few photos similar to what was done on a couple of the recent refurbishments. Oh well, sounds like we'll just have to wait.

From a PR perspective I'd think RCL would want to advertise this work, it generates buzz and excitement about their ships.

The first sailing after the dry dock will be on November 14th and I will be on it (Yippee!). I hope all is completed by then. It will be great to see the changes. I will take lots of photos and do a review.

Will you do a review as you cruise, real time?

My family is sailing Nov 19th on the Adventure and are excited to see the changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My friend and I are sailing Nov 19th on Adventure also, can't wait. I'll be watching for your posts!

Edited by cleagle
Wording

Any word on any changes to the production shows? I have not heard anything so I am afraid they won't change them. They are still fine for folks that have never cruised the ship before...but tired and worn out for those of us that have sailed the ship for years!,

Any word on any changes to the production shows? I have not heard anything so I am afraid they won't change them. They are still fine for folks that have never cruised the ship before...but tired and worn out for those of us that have sailed the ship for years!,

I haven't seen any of the production shows change on any of the ships in drydocks the last several years. The only shows that have changed have been the Broadway shows on Oasis and Allure.

We disembarked the Adventure yesterday morning and there were lots of contractors boarding as we left, plus numerous containers being loaded onboard and cranes lifting on equipment. Chops is apparently going where Jesters Night Club is and Izumis where the sports bar is on the Royal Promenade. Inside cabins will going where the Concierge Lounge is on Deck 9 and new Suite Lounge is going on Deck 14. We had a wonderful 8 day cruise on the Adventure.

The first sailing after the dry dock will be on November 14th and I will be on it (Yippee!). I hope all is completed by then. It will be great to see the changes. I will take lots of photos and do a review.

My family is sailing Nov 19th on the Adventure and are excited to see the changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have a group of 4 sailing her in December. If one of you would be so kind to post each day's Compass, pics of the menus, and pics of all the drink menus, I would be very, very grateful! :D