2 bottles of wine per stateroom? What about my kids stateroom?

I'm preparing for my cruise on the Harmony of the Seas in November out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I'm well aware of the rule on Royal Carribbean where they allow two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. I booked two staterooms, so I expect I can bring 4 bottles of wine, right?

Maybe not. Here's the catch.... Stateroom A has two adults registered, and state room B has two teenagers registered.

Would the folks at Royal Carribbean not allow four bottles of wine because the second stateroom belongs to two kids under the legal drinking age?

I could see them saying that you only get two bottles of wine for each stateroom that has an adult registered in it.

Let me know what you think, and if anyone has any experience with this situation.

I would bring the 4 bottles for the 2 staterooms. We've always done that, even when our kids were under 21 and booked into their own room. I carried on two, and my husband carried on two.

If you are really concerned, you and your husband can split up when you go through the security checkpoint and go on separate lines for the XRaying of carry-ons.

Edited by DonnaK

When we called RCI about this when the policy was introduced they referred us to the the last part of the policy which reads:

"Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

Basically, their application of this policy is 2 bottles per stateroom where the guests in that stateroom are of a legal age to be in possession of or consume alcohol. So in your case, because the second stateroom is for teenagers, there is no-one in that stateroom legally allowed to have alcohol therefore they (or you) cannot take advantage of this policy. You will probably only be allowed to carry the 2 bottles for yourselves. Call RCI and confirm, but this was their explanation last time I spoke to them about it.

Although, if you booked one adult and one teenager in EACH stateroom, you could probably pull it off...provided your room attendant didn't bust you to guest services etc....but that's what Benjamin Franklin is for ;)

Be careful though - they have big bold print saying if you're naughty with alcohol, or attempt to conceal it, they can boot you off the ship at your expense.

Posting from my iPad, please excuse unfortunate iCorrects.

Edited by MrClever

I'm preparing for my cruise on the Harmony of the Seas in November out of Ft. Lauderdale.

I'm well aware of the rule on Royal Carribbean where they allow two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom. I booked two staterooms, so I expect I can bring 4 bottles of wine, right?

Maybe not. Here's the catch.... Stateroom A has two adults registered, and state room B has two teenagers registered.

Would the folks at Royal Carribbean not allow four bottles of wine because the second stateroom belongs to two kids under the legal drinking age?

I could see them saying that you only get two bottles of wine for each stateroom that has an adult registered in it.

Let me know what you think, and if anyone has any experience with this situation.

Actually, that is JUST what they say. :)

But this:

I carried on two, and my husband carried on two.

If you are really concerned, you and your husband can split up when you go through the security checkpoint and go on separate lines for the XRaying of carry-ons.

No one asks your cabin number. You can be "just an adult carrying on the permitted two bottles of wine per cabin."

The issue that you will have is with the kids being in a room by themselves they will not have their own set sail pass but they will be listed on your setsail pass. You will only have 1 setsail pass showing all 4 of you and it will only list the 1 cabin. This is all security will see and they most likely will only allow you the 2 bottles.

We have been stopped when the kids have been booked in their own room but then again it can be hit or miss.

Shucks. Someone has to bring this up since there are kids involved. Question: After you pull this off, how do you tell your kids they have to follow the rules?

Just don't tell the kids the wine bottle rule in the first place.;)

No one asks your cabin number. You can be "just an adult carrying on the permitted two bottles of wine per cabin."

Agree --- just split up when going through the security lines - security doesn't check cabin numbers.:)

Just don't tell the kids the wine bottle rule in the first place.;)

Ee-yup. [emoji4] Actually, FWIW, I'd have no problem smuggling the extra wine and then turning around and telling my kids they have to follow rules. But then, I'm heavily into situational ethics.

But the question brought to mind the recent thread by the lady that wanted to warn everyone to protect their innocent snowflakes from the faux cigarette smoking in Anthems performance of Grease.

To get back OT, to the OP, go for it. Either the separate line thing or each keep one in carry-on and put the other in your luggage. You might end up in the Naughty Room but no one in authority will ever see more than two bottles at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're all talking carry-on, does the wine have to come aboard in your carry-on? Not in your checked bags?

Royal does not specify, so you can do either. However, I strongly recommend you carry it on to minimize the chance of breakage and delay in luggage delivery.

Royal does not specify, so you can do either. However, I strongly recommend you carry it on to minimize the chance of breakage and delay in luggage delivery.

No, what I was thinking instead of slipping them in the kids bags just put two in checked and carry two on. Just might have to tip your room steward a little extra lol

Just book 1 adult in each room and then there are no rules to try to circumvent. Onboard just get keys made for the room you actually will use. Sort of surprised Royal didn't suggest that you book that way to start with.

The issue that you will have is with the kids being in a room by themselves they will not have their own set sail pass but they will be listed on your setsail pass. You will only have 1 setsail pass showing all 4 of you and it will only list the 1 cabin. This is all security will see and they most likely will only allow you the 2 bottles.

We have been stopped when the kids have been booked in their own room but then again it can be hit or miss.

I have never heard of having only one SetSail pass for two booked cabins :confused:

Why is it so important to bring as much wine on board as you can with so much effort to go through security or the risk to have a broken bottle in your luggage. A lot of stress for a little saving!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it ok to bring onboard 1,5 l (2x750 ml) bag of wine instead of two bottles?

The rule says two 750ml bottles of wine. It says nothing about bags or boxes of wine. You may get the wine on board and you may not.

Figured I ask this question here instead of starting a new thread so if you have 2 bottles of wine in your room can you also have a bottle of wine waiting for you in your room when you board or can you order an bottle of wine to your room my parents are traveling with us and it will also be my dads birthday and I would like to send them one but I know they are going to bring 2 bottles of there own

Edited by lovablekendra

Figured I ask this question here instead of starting a new thread so if you have 2 bottles of wine in your room can you also have a bottle of wine waiting for you in your room when you board or can you order an bottle of wine to your room my parents are traveling with us and it will also be my dads birthday and I would like to send them one but I know they are going to bring 2 bottles of there own

Sure, you can pre-order any number of bottles of wine, independent of the two bottles you can bring on.

Sure, you can pre-order any number of bottles of wine, independent of the two bottles you can bring on.

Ok so there's an unlimited number of wine you can have in your stateroom? Your just only allowed to bring on two?

Thanks good to know! [emoji5]