Is early traditional dining 5:30 or 6:00?

metairiegal

On that class of ship the 6PM dining is usually in the aft dining room on deck 6 and is traditional. The 5:30PM dining is usually in an anytime dining room but is used as traditional for 1st sitting. Then when you get your dining assignment in your cabin, invariably we have found it will 15 minutes earlier. They told us we could come as late as the original Time I/e 6PM.

Yes, this is what we have seen as well.

• 6 months later...

We normally do anytime dining but as we will have my dad (80) with us on our next cruise, we thought traditional may work better. From reading this thread, I think our 5:15 find time will actually mean that when we get our cruise card, we will be told the real time and dining room. Is that correct? Thanks!

We normally do anytime dining but as we will have my dad (80) with us on our next cruise, we thought traditional may work better. From reading this thread, I think our 5:15 find time will actually mean that when we get our cruise card, we will be told the real time and dining room. Is that correct? Thanks!

Yes.

Also, for the first time there was a letter in our cabin from the maitre d stating that if you are more than 15 min. late for your reservation your table may be given to another passenger. Interesting…for td first or second seating how can they give your table away?

If there's a looong line for ATD and there are empty tables in TD, someone from the ATD line will be sent to TD.

Back when we chose ATD this happened to us a couple of times. Now we choose TD...no line!! :D

For Early Traditional, the actual time for dinner is set by the maître d'. The 2 different booking options -- 5:30 and 6:00 -- are the Princess way of indicating which dining room you will be in -- not the actual time of your dinner. That you get from your cruise card once you are checked in.

Paul

Exactly. I have had times of 5:30, 5:45, or for later, 7:45, 8:15,a and so on. I think that the aft dining room (the traditional dining room such as the Botticelli on the Ruby) will have the later time for early dining. But you won't know until you get there what it will be. This is my pet peeve with Princess.

As other have reported, on the Star in July our requested 6:00 became 5:30 when we boarded the ship.

Same thing happen last several cruises.

And our request for a table for 2? Yup, you guessed it. It became a table for 6. When the wife asked, she was told that they had to rearrange the dining room and many table for 2 were replaced with table for 6.

Bob

From my perspective, the difference between the 5:30 and 6:00 dining time is the dining room location. If you are confirmed to the 5:30 seating you will be in one of the Anytime dining rooms. If you are confirmed to the 6:00 seating you will be in the Traditional dining room.

Paul

Based on this, I think I will change it to 6:00 because we prefer to be in the Traditional dining room.

Although the 5:30 is in an Anytime Dining room, the 5:30 seating is regular traditional service. Once that seating is over, the dining room will then become anytime.

The time in the Personalize is really a place holder and not the actual time for your traditional seating.

You request your desired time when you book the cruise, but the actual time is not really known to Princess until the week or weeks prior to your embarkation.

We once had a B2B and each had a selected late seating time of 8 PM. On the first segment it turned out to be at 7:45 PM. On the second segment it turned out to be at 8:15 PM.

Is early traditional dining on the Caribbean Princess 5:30 or 6:00?

(We just booked our cruise and picked 5:30. But, I am not sure if that is correct for early traditional seating. Should I change it to 6:00?)

We were on the Caribbean Princess for a Panama Canal cruise this October. We were supposed to have 5:45pm. But when we got on board our time was changed to 5:15. They said that the 5:45 time didn't exist[emoji34] .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

My Diamond Princess cruise has three traditional dining times:

- 5:30

- 5:45

- 7:45

I've been confirmed for 5:30. Does that mean I won't be in the International Dining Room, but rather in either the Savoy or Vivaldi rooms midship?

My Diamond Princess cruise has three traditional dining times:

- 5:30

- 5:45

- 7:45

I've been confirmed for 5:30. Does that mean I won't be in the International Dining Room, but rather in either the Savoy or Vivaldi rooms midship?

Probably. That's how it has worked for us in the past, but I don't know if that's an official policy or not.

k18970601.jpg

June will be our first time on Princess. I am so glad we chose late traditional seating. Way too confusing with all those early dining uncertainties. We never had this kind of confusion on other cruise lines. Wonder why Princess can't eliminate all this confusion? :confused:

Edited by sloopsailor