Silhouette Sushi on 5

lodinayr

FYI: Silhouette's Bistro on 5 is becoming Sushi on 5 on next cruise, June 7 sailing. This is also annual President's Cruise where Celebrity CEO will be on board.

I'm on board now. Ask me any questions you may have.

Rob

Oh bummer! It's more than just a trial then [emoji26] see if you can get any details on the new Project Edge ships! Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bistro on Five was our go-to lunch spot on sail-away days. The buffet is always so packed. Never any place to sit. Can't do sushi. Wife is allergic to most seafood and really doesn't like it at all. We are on the August 6 sailing. See if you can find us someplace else to eat lunch besides the buffet, please.

And tell the prez that not every one loves sushi unless it's free and there is something else for other people to eat.

FYI: Silhouette's Bistro on 5 is becoming Sushi on 5 on next cruise, June 7 sailing. This is also annual President's Cruise where Celebrity CEO will be on board.

Rob

Thanks for posting this. Any other quiet area suggestions as an alternative to Buffet on embarkation day? Also, names of the Captain and the Cruise Director?

We have a very tour intensive cruise with late day return tours and early morning wake up calls. That being said, any shows that we shouldn't miss (if we can stay awake?!)

And anything else you care to share now!

Thanks!

Rob

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I am going to have one very upset spouse, so is she.

Bistro on Five is awesome.

WT*!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bistro on Five was our go-to lunch spot on sail-away days. The buffet is always so packed. Never any place to sit. Can't do sushi. Wife is allergic to most seafood and really doesn't like it at all. We are on the August 6 sailing. See if you can find us someplace else to eat lunch besides the buffet, please.

And tell the prez that not every one loves sushi unless it's free and there is something else for other people to eat.

NOT GOOD.

[emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I am going to have one very upset spouse, so is she.

Bistro on Five is awesome.

WT*!?

Nailed it:

2dfbf3889a0114c15148d9694f38768c.jpg

Not everyone loves steak so should they not have that available on the ships... [emoji33]

So it depends on if it's free or not as to if you like it? [emoji848]

There are non fish/sushi items on the menu so there are options for others to eat [emoji4] I personally don't eat fish sushi or shellfish but found plenty to try & enjoy [emoji39]

NOT GOOD.

Embarkation day is limited. Luminae is open if you are in a suite. And, I think they do a main dining room lunch for concierge class. Everyone else is out of luck and stuck @ buffet.

Thanks for posting this. Any other quiet area suggestions as an alternative to Buffet on embarkation day? Also, names of the Captain and the Cruise Director?

We have a very tour intensive cruise with late day return tours and early morning wake up calls. That being said, any shows that we shouldn't miss (if we can stay awake?!)

And anything else you care to share now!

Thanks!

Captain: Athanasios Peppas

Cruise Director: Rich Clesen

Not everyone loves steak so should they not have that available on the ships... [emoji33]

So it depends on if it's free or not as to if you like it? [emoji848]

There are non fish/sushi items on the menu so there are options for others to eat [emoji4] I personally don't eat fish sushi or shellfish but found plenty to try & enjoy [emoji39]

Now when did I say that sushi should not be available on the ship? There has been free sushi in the buffet most afternoons for those that want it. It must have been popular on the buffet if they decided they could make money selling it.

There is not a single thing that X does that isn't for profit. That's why they are in business. I get that. Just have some other options for people (charge or no charge) other than eating in the buffet on embarkation. I used to have an option but now I don't as my wife does not eat fish/shellfish/sushi. I myself like it well enough. But I am with Bob and Hollie, the old Bistro on Five served food I loved.

Jim

Edited by DrKoob

Here it is

47c5a72b7b3ee5317b9ba4b14a519554.jpg

This is hilarious. I saw the pics first and was just about to tweet and tell you to check it out and I scrolled down and lo and behold, you posted it. Did it come from your buddy that was onboard. And do you have a bigger shot of the menu? From what I can zoom in on, Kathleen will eat very little of it. How about Holly?

Jim

Sushi on five is great! My husband and I do not like sushi at all, we went on embarkation day and had Kobe beef sliders, chicken dumplings and BBQ pork ramen, it was all delicious. Over the next 21 nights we went 6 times for lunch and once for dinner. Hubbie also tried lobster ramen and the udon noodles. The best is the BBQ pork ramen, also lovely is the gingerbread dessert, but I asked for it with coconut gelato as I don't like wasabi.

Service is excellent, don't write off this place, even if you don't like sushi or fish! I was a big bistro on 5 fan, but Sushi on 5 is better.

Edited by DebbieMacG

You could always go to Aqua Spa cafe on embarkation day. It has always been very quiet when we have gone but maybe the absence of Bistro will cause it to be busier.

I did not realize that the Aqua Spa was open for lunch on embarkation day. That's a great idea. Thanks for suggesting it.

Jim

Everything is done for profit. On my cruises, except for embarkation day, I never saw more than 2-3 tables filled when I walked by. They'll try Sushi, and if that doesn't turn more of a profit, it will change again. I didn't care for Bistro on Five's menu, and I'm excited to try the new menu, but I realize unless it's popular, it will not stick around.

Sushi on five is great! My husband and I do not like sushi at all, we went on embarkation day and had Kobe beef sliders, chicken dumplings and BBQ pork ramen, it was all delicious. Over the next 21 nights we went 6 times for lunch and once for dinner. Hubbie also tried lobster ramen and the udon noodles. The best is the BBQ pork ramen, also lovely is the gingerbread dessert, but I asked for it with coconut gelato as I don't like wasabi.

Service is excellent, don't write off this place, even if you don't like sushi or fish! I was a big bistro on 5 fan, but Sushi on 5 is better.

I'm glad to know that there was an appetizer page (and maybe more) missing on the menu posted. I don't eat pork or shellfish, and salmon/tuna/whitefish gets boring. Yawn. It looks like the sakes are either included on classic package or upcharged on premium package.

Edited by royalcruz

"Everything they domis for profit"

True, but that does NOT mean that X should nickel-and-dime everything and eliminate all formerly complementary items.

We for one have stopped sailing on X ( for now at least).

Can anyone confirm that the free sushi at the Buffet has now been elimintated on ships with "Sushi on 5"?

Glad to hear this but I did not see the sliders on the posted menu. Perhaps I missed something.

Glad to hear this but I did not see the sliders on the posted menu. Perhaps I missed something.

I had the slider also and it was very good [emoji39] it is on the menu [emoji4]