Silhouette Sushi on 5

lodinayr

I like the concept of the sushi. But from what I've read. This whole restaurant is gonna be à la cart is this true

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes it is [emoji4]

Bistro on Five was our go-to lunch spot on sail-away days. The buffet is always so packed. Never any place to sit. Can't do sushi. Wife is allergic to most seafood and really doesn't like it at all. We are on the August 6 sailing. See if you can find us someplace else to eat lunch besides the buffet, please.

And tell the prez that not every one loves sushi unless it's free and there is something else for other people to eat.

Change is inevitable.... but please add two more not so happy cruisers about this particular change.

We ate multiple times in sushi on 5 on our Reflection cruise in March. The food was all creative and very enjoyable it also bore no resemblance to what they used to serve free in the buffet. I hope it lasts. We ate in bistro on 5 only once and we weren't impressed. Food was too heavy for a lite lunch. Food is so subjective. Everyone will never like everything. As other posters have noted there were several non seafood items on the menu. Everything we tried was delicious.

I was on May 14 Baltic cruise heard in 2 weeks sushi. I'm not sushi fan either but there are interesting items on menu. We ate in Bistro and maybe 3 tables of diners. I agree with others nobody goes there. Waiter who took order was from Croatia waiter who served lunch was from Serbia. found out they are room mates.

On board Silhouette now. Just ate there last night. It was very good. We'll be back as we have a lot of OBC to spend :)

Hello. What has been the general opinion of anyone you've talked to regarding the replacement of Bistro on Five?

Thanks!

~Bob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello to everyone,

We are sailing Celebrity Reflection (we are first timers on Celebrity) this Aug and are considering getting the ultimate dining package. Is Sushi on 5 included in the ultimate dining package?

Cheers!

Definitely a no go option for us..plus a loss of the included Asian soup, sushi etc in the buffet in the evening...

Dh has fish allergies and aversion to uncooked foods...

nothing really catches my attention if I went there solo...

One less lunch option for us...but less money spent on extra dining...

To be sure.... Bon5 had one item that I could eat (vegan and even low fat at that), while Son5 has two (2) things I can and will eat, so I will try it at least once. :D

Rather it be on embarkation day or not, quite possibly not because the wait may be too long for those looking to try it for the first time... otherwise will make my way to a bar until it slows down to avoid OVC...

For us, it is not if it cost or not, yet is there something for us to eat and enjoy, especially on embarkation day.

bon voyage and good dining....

Edited by Bo1953

Now when did I say that sushi should not be available on the ship? There has been free sushi in the buffet most afternoons for those that want it. It must have been popular on the buffet if they decided they could make money selling it.

There is not a single thing that X does that isn't for profit. That's why they are in business. I get that. Just have some other options for people (charge or no charge) other than eating in the buffet on embarkation. I used to have an option but now I don't as my wife does not eat fish/shellfish/sushi. I myself like it well enough. But I am with Bob and Hollie, the old Bistro on Five served food I loved.

Jim

Jim what did ya'll do on your first 3-4-5 cruises when there was no such thing as a specialty and the buffet was the only thing around? And Bistro has only been added in the last what, 5-6-7 years? You used to have no optoion at all, except for the buffet remember! LOL

Definitely a no go option for us..plus a loss of the included Asian soup, sushi etc in the buffet in the evening...

Dh has fish allergies and aversion to uncooked foods...

nothing really catches my attention if I went there solo...

One less lunch option for us...but less money spent on extra dining...

Ahhh, I am easily confused,

"Dh has fish allergies and aversion to uncooked foods

..plus a loss of the included Asian soup, sushi etc in the buffet in the evening...

Why would something he has an aversion to be a loss?

Jim what did ya'll do on your first 3-4-5 cruises when there was no such thing as a specialty and the buffet was the only thing around? And Bistro has only been added in the last what, 5-6-7 years? You used to have no optoion at all, except for the buffet remember! LOL

I ate in the damn buffet--standing up because there is never a place to sit and you know exactly what I mean because people go there, sit down, eat and then don't move until they release the cabins which can be as late as whenever. I have no problem with the buffet food, I have a problem with the buffet seating...there isn't enough it to be the only place serving food on an S class ship. Maybe the new Concierge lunch in the MDR or if they are serving lunch for suites in Luminae will relieve some of the pressure. I just remember too many times not being able to find a place to sit unless I got there really early.

I ate in the damn buffet--standing up because there is never a place to sit and you know exactly what I mean.

YUP, I do! 7 diff lines and we have yet to sail on a ship that has a seat in the buffet area for every passenger.

The first afternoon is mainly the only time this tends to be an issue tho.

On a side note, we have friends just off the Reflection a few weeks ago who said the new Sushi on 5 was totally worth every penny and the food outstanding.

Edited by wallie5446

YUP, I do! 7 diff lines and we have yet to sail on a ship that has a seat in the buffet area for every passenger.

The first afternoon is mainly the only time this tends to be an issue tho.

On a side note, we have friends just off the Reflection a few weeks ago who said the new Sushi on 5 was totally worth every penny and the food outstanding.

If only I could convince my wife to try it (NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN:eek:).

If only I could convince my wife to try it (NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN:eek:).

I said the same thing about mine and oysters on the half shell. She will get a full dozen all for herself these days! If I try to get one :eek: She has experimented with a bit of Sushi on the Equinox the last 2 years when we went to Silk Harvest for a Roll Call dinner. But nothing that looks like it could swim away yet! LOL

EW

For every person who won't go to the new Sushi on 5 because they don't like sushi or have a fish allergy, there is someone else who didn't like crepes or is lactose/egg intolerant who may try this new venue.

It's all a trade off. As a lactose and egg intolerant person I look forward to this change even though I think the price is a bit steep.

Is room service available on embarkation day?

It is available after muster drill. You couldn't have a room service lunch because in all likelihood you would not be allowed in your cabin until mid-afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps I am in the minority, but I am quite excited by the prospect of Sushi on 5 and the pics looked great! I would really appreciate a larger pic of the menu, if someone happens to have that. Thanks and happy sailing (and good eats ) to you all.

Hello. What has been the general opinion of anyone you've talked to regarding the replacement of Bistro on Five?

Thanks!

~Bob

Hi Bob,

Just got back yesterday and I think we ate there about 6 times, including lunch once. We received a discount each time after the first visit (20%). We ate a lot and it never was more than $60 (with the drink package picking up the cost of our drinks). My wife loved one of the sakes so much we bought a bottle to take home.

Just to give you an idea, early in the cruise it was basically empty. On the last sea day, we tried to go for lunch, but they were all booked up! It looked to be popular with larger groups and with officers and entertainment staff as well. Great service and the menu is good (could have some more variety, but understand they are limited in terms of how much sushi-grade fish they can carry).

And, I didn't hear anyone lamenting the loss of Bo5 while we were on board.

Hi Bob,

Just got back yesterday and I think we ate there about 6 times, including lunch once. We received a discount each time after the first visit (20%). We ate a lot and it never was more than $60 (with the drink package picking up the cost of our drinks). My wife loved one of the sakes so much we bought a bottle to take home.

Just to give you an idea, early in the cruise it was basically empty. On the last sea day, we tried to go for lunch, but they were all booked up! It looked to be popular with larger groups and with officers and entertainment staff as well. Great service and the menu is good (could have some more variety, but understand they are limited in terms of how much sushi-grade fish they can carry).

And, I didn't hear anyone lamenting the loss of Bo5 while we were on board.

Ok.. Thank you for the feedback!

I appreciate it.

~Bob

• 3 weeks later...