Bizzybee's 5 day Splendor Grand Turk and Amber Cove Review May 21- May 26, 2016

bizzybee902

Thanks for such a great review! I've been on the Splendor a couple of times and I enjoyed taking a walk with you down memory lane. I'm looking forward to your Vista review! We'll be on her in November this year.

Glad I can bring back great memories. I hope you enjoy the Vista! Thanks so much for reading.

Thanks so much for the great review! I will keep the 12 waterfalls in mind if I get to Amber Cove - it looked so fun!

I cannot say enough how fun it was. I can still close my eyes and see the water. Thank you for reading!

I have to admit that this is the first review that I have followed that I hated to see it come to an end. You have a great writing style. I love your sense of humor and you have a wonderful and cheerful attitude (not a Debby Downer like so many reviewers). We leave on the Splendor this Saturday. Can't wait to check out some of the places you highlighted in your review.

I hope you are enjoying your trip. I had the time of my life as usual. Cruising is what you make of it. Please let me know how your trip went! Thank you for your kind words and thanks for reading.

Edited by bizzybee902

• 2 months later...

Don't know if you'll come back here after so long, but I enjoyed and appreciated your review. DH & I will be visiting Amber Cove and Grand Turk for the first time soon. Several random thoughts:

I am also trying to step out of my comfort zone and do the mid level falls tour. So glad to see your thoughts and experience on that.

Older people from the North also say they "have sugar", lol. I secretly laugh every time my in-laws use that phrase.

I'm picky about my cheese grits, too! :p

I just finished reading all 3 of your Reviews and loved them all! I totally want to cruise more often so now after reading how much fun you have alone I'm going to just book without waiting on my friends and family lol.

Serenity. The bar was always empty in this area. I enjoyed reading my book here.

13340167_10154284318302372_115396013688137931_o.jpg

13350491_10154284318392372_3866156592908565232_o.jpg

I hurried to my room to grab my bags for self-assist. Customs kept delaying our debarkation so I ended up leaving the ship before my group was called. I had a 2:45 pm flight from Miami to BWI. I got off the ship at about 10:50 am and my group had not been called yet. Customs was fairly quick. I snagged a ticket on Carnival transfers outside the port and headed to Miami Airport. Ultimately my flight was delayed for 45 mins, but I still felt good with my decision to just get off the ship. It's always sad to leave. Hopefully, I can catch you guys on The Carnival Vista for a birthday getaway in December! Thanks for tuning in! If you have any questions feel free to ask. It takes a lot of effort to kick out these reviews. I took close to 200 pictures and that's modest compared to other reviewers. Out of four cruises, I have done three reviews. It means a lot to see all the thank you's and questions because it's all for you guys! Even though the view counts go up; it feels good see the thank you's and to know somebody is out there watching AND enjoying.

Bye Miami! See you soon!

13413028_10154303072187372_9076106679001742011_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You did a wonderful job on your review and pictures. I was wanting to check out the DR part. I saw a beautiful fall (maybe there was more, but I am at work and don't have a lot of time to read/see this), but is there a beach there to go to as well, or do you just tour the area?

I don't know (you said you would like to do it) if you have as yet, but our plans are to do the Glory in March next year.

• 4 weeks later...
Great reading your review:)!!!! I will be on the Splendor for 8 days in October. This will be my 2nd time on her.

Thank you. I hope you had a geat time!

Great Review love the pictures, you looked amazing in that red dress, I am booked on the Splendor Oct 22

Thank you. Enjoy your trip!

:eek: So kicking myself that I have missed 2 your your reviews!!!! :eek:

:-) thanks for reading!

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Forums mobile app

Don't know if you'll come back here after so long, but I enjoyed and appreciated your review. DH & I will be visiting Amber Cove and Grand Turk for the first time soon. Several random thoughts:

I am also trying to step out of my comfort zone and do the mid level falls tour. So glad to see your thoughts and experience on that.

Older people from the North also say they "have sugar", lol. I secretly laugh every time my in-laws use that phrase.

I'm picky about my cheese grits, too! :p

Thanks for reading. I hope you and your DH enjoy your cruise.

Great review! I really enjoyed it.

The idea of a solo cruise sounds really fun + freeing

Its so fun. Im actually scared to cruise with other ppl.

Excellent review! I love your style, sense of humor & personality. Maybe because I'm a "New Yawka" too (Long Island born, raised & still residing). We're on the Splendor in 18 days & this review has my dying of excitement!

Lol. Thanks for reading. My friends say I write how I speak on fb, lol. The New Yorker just bursts out sometimes.

Great review! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for reading!

I just finished reading all 3 of your Reviews and loved them all! I totally want to cruise more often so now after reading how much fun you have alone I'm going to just book without waiting on my friends and family lol.

Yes its worth the double fare. I find geat rates last minute and I price watch.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for reading!

You did a wonderful job on your review and pictures. I was wanting to check out the DR part. I saw a beautiful fall (maybe there was more, but I am at work and don't have a lot of time to read/see this), but is there a beach there to go to as well, or do you just tour the area?

I don't know (you said you would like to do it) if you have as yet, but our plans are to do the Glory in March next year.

Thank you. I also read reviews at work. Its so addicting!

• 2 months later...
Nice review and pictures!

Thanks for reading!

Thank You for a great review! I enjoyed reading and your pics! Most of all you really had fun ! I hope to go to these ports one day too.

I did have fun and these ports are top 3 for me!

Thank you SO much for sharing! We are cruising for our FIRST time, and it will be on the Splendor, and I am SO excited, and also a little nervous, it is pretty overwhelming, but I loved your review!!! Made me excited!

You will be fine. Follow the fun times and relax.

• 1 month later...

Great review. I found your review on the Amber Cove Forum. We are sailing on Regent Princess in March and will stop in Amber Cove. I'm afraid our days of climbing and jumping off waterfalls are over. This is our fifth trip to the DR and we are planning on taking it easy around the port pool. Thank you for taking the time to bring us along our your voyage.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for your review. I'm on the Splendor in June out of Fort Lauderdale with a slightly different itinerary. I really enjoyed your pictures and am very much looking forward to Grand Turk (we have a golf cart reserved for the day as I don't think I'd enjoy the crazy drinking party at Margaritaville) and AmberCove (we are going power snorkeling). I thought about the 27 waterfalls, but I love to snorkel. I'm hoping that our excursion makes a stop or two so we can visit local vendors. And I loved your comments about the aphrodesiac drink. So funny. Who in their right mind would buy that for their FATHER!!! Thanks again. Happy cruising. Enjoy the Vista. That's another ship I'd like to go on. So many ships, so little money.