Decisions, Decisions.......Cafe Al Bacio

need2cruisesoon

My favorite thing.

The peanut butter cookies were sugar free ❤❤???? I did not know that, they were delicious!!!! And I dislike coconut but had a coconut macaroon every day. I will give up some things on a cruise but not my Cafe al Baio 😊

Joanne

The peanut butter cookies were sugar free ❤❤???? I did not know that, they were delicious!!!! And I dislike coconut but had a coconut macaroon every day. I will give up some things on a cruise but not my Cafe al Baio

Joanne

No sugar added doesn't necessarily mean sugar free.

Edited by Wine-O

The peanut butter cookies were sugar free ❤❤???? I did not know that, they were delicious!!!! And I dislike coconut but had a coconut macaroon every day. I will give up some things on a cruise but not my Cafe al Baio 😊

Joanne

Hey Joanne, I was going to ask if anybody had tried the macaroons. I love them, but I make my own and like them soft and moist. Too many times when I buy them they're on the dry side. I will try them next time I'm on Summit...

Yes everything you see on the pics, along with some big jars of cookies are all complimentary...you must pay for your coffee (latte, cappuccino etc) here!

And yes, for the most part they all taste pretty good!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless you have a drinks package got our moneys worth out of this place

it all looks soooo good. Will be on the soltise in September. Does any one know if they do chi tea, I'm not a coffee drinker but do enjoy tea.

Yes they do we had some on the ship they do two types with or without milk really good i tried almost everything on the drink menu and did try a lot of the cakes

• 2 weeks later...

CAFÉ al BACIO!!!

This is my favorite place on Celebrity ships! The Ceylon Gold iced tea is truly crisp, cold, and refreshing! I always have my husband share it as it makes an entire pitcher! Everything is soooooooo good! We are cruising at the end of November, so have to wait a while! Drat!!!

CAFÉ al BACIO!!!

This is my favorite place on Celebrity ships! The Ceylon Gold iced tea is truly crisp, cold, and refreshing! I always have my husband share it as it makes an entire pitcher! Everything is soooooooo good! We are cruising at the end of November, so have to wait a while! Drat!!!

I was just talking to my husband about Cafe el Bacio and their Aspen Coffee and the dessert in the evening. Wonderful lattes too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The hardest part of leaving a Celebrity Cruise is that you can't find anything even close to as good as Café Al Bacio anywhere. It's amazing how prompt the service is and how amazing all the drinks and pastries are.

Just counting down the days until our next cruise now!

I will say, I've been looking into buying some sets and teas from TeaForte (who provide the glassware and teas to the Celebrity ships). Such an amazing product!

Yes everything you see on the pics, along with some big jars of cookies are all complimentary...you must pay for your coffee (latte, cappuccino etc) here!

And yes, for the most part they all taste pretty good!!

Any sugar free?

Was made aware of how much sugar in one regular coke when I saw a class where they showed how many tea spoons there was in one can. So I control what I eat that includes sugar. The sugar free desserts that I've had while cruising were excellent.

Tom😎

Any sugar free?

Was made aware of how much sugar in one regular coke when I saw a class where they showed how many tea spoons there was in one can. So I control what I eat that includes sugar. The sugar free desserts that I've had while cruising were excellent.

Tom

I don't think I saw any marked sugar free. Only "free" I saw was a gluten free macaroon. But I'll bet if you asked for them, they would provide them for you. DH is type 2 diabetic and he would limit himself to 2 oatmeal raisin cookies a day without a noticeable change in his blood sugar....and I monitor what he eats pretty carefully.

Edited by Hydrokitty

The hardest part of leaving a Celebrity Cruise is that you can't find anything even close to as good as Café Al Bacio anywhere. It's amazing how prompt the service is and how amazing all the drinks and pastries are.

I will say, I've been looking into buying some sets and teas from TeaForte (who provide the glassware and teas to the Celebrity ships). Such an amazing product!

8 and a half months until my next Cafe al Bacio fix :rolleyes:

Just ordered my iced tea set from Tea Forte. They had a special free shipping to Canada last week.And tea samples, I ordered two, one might be given as a wedding gift. .. maybe not :)

Joanne

My wife loves the blueberry muffins at al Bacio. When we were on Constellation a couple years ago, they were huge, plump, and if you didn't get down there first thing in the morning, they were gone. They were the best on the entire ship.

When I go down in the morning for my double espresso, she asks me to bring one back while she's getting ready. Unfortunately, on Summit this month she had a hard time finding blueberries in those muffins. :eek:

Note to Celebrity, if you're reading this, tell the baker on Summit to put some blueberries in those muffins. ;)

Need2cruisesoon:

One picture is worth 1000 words! I never noticed the sugar free peanut butter cookies on the Eclipse in March.

Wine-O: I didn't see any blueberry muffins either....with or without the berries!

But the chocolate dulce de leche mousse cake stopped me dead in my tracks every time!!!