Convince me that 5 Nights is Enough!

Hi all,

Would just like some feedback that my decision to go with a 5 night over a 9 night was a good one.

I had booked a 5 night on the Anthem for 2017 as a birthday present for the GF. Obviously she doesn't know about it, since I sneakily went to the "Next Cruise" desk on our recent cruise in May on the Adventure and booked it.

My gf and I have been on 3 cruises together as you will see in my signature below. We ended up had some trouble on the Adventure in regards to quality, which evidently led us to getting a discount on our future cruise. All in all, I was able to get a great deal on the 5 night Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda, which came to about right under $800 a person for interior room.

It just hard for me to get over the fact that it is a 5 night rather then a 7 night. since our last 2 cruises were 7 night. I mean I know there is no such thing with Anthem for 7 night so it was either 5 or 9. Our first cruise was a 5 night but then we went on a 7 night the next 2 cruises and we were like :D:D, but it was not like we didn't have fun on the 7 night. It's just 2 more nights of paradise :cool:. LOL

Also the date of this 5 night is the day after her b-day, oppose to the 9 night which is about 2 weeks after her b-day.

I guess I'm just over analyzing, but I just need some convincing that a 5 night is good enough.

Lol (don't laugh at me)... haha

Thanks!!

Edited by Pandabear90

While a 5 night is better than no cruise, we find even a 7 night too short.

If you can't do the 9 night then just stay with what you have booked and enjoy. Your GF will be happy either way because you surprised her and she will spend the time with you.

I would not pay $800 pp for 5 nights in an inside cabin. A new ship and Bermuda both lend to a higher price, but still too high for my budget.

As far as the 5 night cruise being too short, I agree, but sometimes that is all you can manage. I would prefer a 7 night Bermuda cruise, but that is not what they are offering, so we booked the 5 night too.

Only you can decide what you feel comfortable with.

I have a 4 night coming up and I asked the same question LOL. We've only been on 7 - 10 night cruises so I'm also nervous that 4 wont be enough BUT its just a bday cruise for me....Im looking into a 7-9 some time Feb 17 so this is just to hold me over LOL.

As others have said, 5 nights is OK, but we did a 12 night Western in a guar bal for $1100 pp military rate. Plus we had $325 OBC :D

I try to get rates for about $100 per night pp. I did quite well on pricing the new Anthem, but costs have risen.

Either way, have a great cruise.....you are a great boyfriend:)

I have a 4 night coming up and I asked the same question LOL. We've only been on 7 - 10 night cruises so I'm also nervous that 4 wont be enough BUT its just a bday cruise for me....Im looking into a 7-9 some time Feb 17 so this is just to hold me over LOL.

They are ALL good! Always better to be ON the ship than left behind at home

no matter how long the cruise. ;)

Have a fantabulous birthday cruise!! :D

Hi all,

Would just like some feedback that my decision to go with a 5 night over a 9 night was a good one.

I had booked a 5 night on the Anthem for 2017 as a birthday present for the GF. Obviously she doesn't know about it, since I sneakily went to the "Next Cruise" desk on our recent cruise in May on the Adventure and booked it.

My gf and I have been on 3 cruises together as you will see in my signature below. We ended up had some trouble on the Adventure in regards to quality, which evidently led us to getting a discount on our future cruise. All in all, I was able to get a great deal on the 5 night Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda, which came to about right under $800 a person for interior room.

It just hard for me to get over the fact that it is a 5 night rather then a 7 night. since our last 2 cruises were 7 night. I mean I know there is no such thing with Anthem for 7 night so it was either 5 or 9. Our first cruise was a 5 night but then we went on a 7 night the next 2 cruises and we were like :D:D, but it was not like we didn't have fun on the 7 night. It's just 2 more nights of paradise :cool:. LOL

Also the date of this 5 night is the day after her b-day, oppose to the 9 night which is about 2 weeks after her b-day.

I guess I'm just over analyzing, but I just need some convincing that a 5 night is good enough.

Lol (don't laugh at me)... haha

Thanks!!

Of course a longer cruise is better. But, the 5 day Bermuda cruise on Anthem is wonderful too. You live local, so there is minimal travel time to and from the ship, and you get the overnight in port. We've done a series of shorter cruises from NJ recently, and viewed them as bonus getaways, because we couldn't manage the longer cruises financially or time-wise. We totally loved our short cruises on Anthem, and we did the 5 night on Liberty too. It's all good.

If you insist on a 7 night, look at Celebrity Summit to Bermuda. You will get reciprocal status if you are platinum or better in C&A, and it is also from your convenient homeport. It's an older ship, but still lovely. More traditional cruising experience than Anthem.

Weigh it out - do you want to try the newer, more innovative ship, or do you want on longer cruise on a smaller/older, but still very nice, ship.

As others have said, 5 nights is OK, but we did a 12 night Western in a guar bal for $1100 pp military rate. Plus we had $325 OBC :D

I try to get rates for about $100 per night pp. I did quite well on pricing the new Anthem, but costs have risen.

Either way, have a great cruise.....you are a great boyfriend:)

Thanks Ocean LOLOLOL

Speaking of older ships, well we just got off the Adventure in May and overall our experience was okay. But the need for dry dock is very apparent. We were compensated for our shower having only steaming hot water, then upgraded to another room which had a flood by the closet, lolol. But, they compensated us and ended up giving us OBC and a discount on our next cruise. So yea, we are going to stick with newer ships from now on =). Plus we missed Sorrento's and the Vintage Wine Bar and the shows on the newer ships were better.

Edited by Pandabear90

I just did the math.

So for interior room, the

5 night is about $155/per night per person.

9 night is about $128/per night per person.

Thoughts?

Looks like the 9-night is a better deal.

If you're driving to the port 5 nights is OK, IMO -- but not great. I would not FLY to a departure port for a 5 night cruise unless you could extend it with a stay near the departure port. Too much hassle and cost otherwise.

I just did the math.

Thoughts?

It might be a better deal per day, but the total cost of your vacation will be over $1k when you factor in the added cruisefare, added gratuities, added parking fees, additional money spent onboard and in ports, etc.

Need to consider overall total costs - is it still affordable? Can you get the extended time off work?

I just did the math.

Thoughts?

I'd go for the 9 night..........we like longer cruises, and on the Anthem with so much to do, you wouldn't be rushed.

You should make all dining/shows and entertainment reservations on your cruise planner in advance.

I'd go for the 9 night..........we like longer cruises, and on the Anthem with so much to do, you wouldn't be rushed.

You should make all dining/shows and entertainment reservations on your cruise planner in advance.

Damn if I do switch it, I should of booked this originally at the "Next Cruise Desk", now I won't get the OBC offer lolol.

We consider 7 nights to be the bare minimum and wouldn't even consider a 5 night cruise. That's in part due to the cost involved in travelling to and from the port of embarkation; if we lived in Fort Lauderdale or Miami we might change our tune. :)

Edited by Fouremco