Convince me that 5 Nights is Enough!

While a 5 night is better than no cruise, we find even a 7 night too short.

If you can't do the 9 night then just stay with what you have booked and enjoy. Your GF will be happy either way because you surprised her and she will spend the time with you.

I have to agree.

You can transfer your next cruise reservation to a new booking, without loosing your OBC. I think the OBC will actually be more for a 9 night cruise. When you call don't say you want to cancel the 5 night. Tell them you want to switch your reservation to the 9 night.

Did a 5N cruise on my honeymoon in 2010 and as you can see from my signature below, we've usually cruised for 10-14N every year after that. Just did a 7N on the Allure(Caribbean) followed by a 7N on the Explorer(Alaska) and we thought that a 7N is just about enough.

Having said that, like many have mentioned, a 5N cruise is better than no cruise. I see tons of 4-5N cruises on Quantum class ships in China so these shorter cruises seem to be catching up (altho I'm not going anywhere close to them even though they're in my backyard)

Cheers!

Nick

Timing can be very important. Cruising the day after her birthday would be pretty cool. Make sure you give her plenty of time to prepare though.

Use the money you save on the shorter cruise to book the next, or perhaps a long weekend out of town. :)

Hi

We recently did the 5 nighter on the Anthem to Bermuda, it was OK for us as we really wanted to see the ship and Bermuda and we did have a transatlantic to follow it on the week after. We did lots on Anthem, made reservations for North star and Ifly but also went on them a few more times by just going in the standby line, the shows were great, saw something every night rather than normally spreading it out, We will rock you was fantastic, we found it very laid back and casual, not sure if this was because it was only 5 nights, LOTS of people wearing shorts in the restaurants in the evenings (cannot comment about The Grande as we did not dine there), I would like to sail a Quantum class again but I did feel we saw and did a lot within the 5 nights. Hope this helps.

I felt the same way as you did the first time I booked a 5 night cruise to Bermuda. I always prefer a 7 or even 9 night cruise and can't wait til DH and I retire so we have time for even longer cruises. However, we have now done the 5 night to Bermuda 5 or 6 times and have not regretted it once. It is a perfect getaway and doesn't feel too short. Bermuda is wonderful and you can go several times and still find new things to do each time.

I was on a 5 night to Bermuda couple of weeks ago and loved every minute. It may have felt a bit short, but I feel it was enough to be worth it.

I wanted to book for the same time next year and compared the 5 night Bermuda to the 9 night Bermuda and Caribbean, thinking the extra ports would be worth giving up the second day in Bermuda. However, two of the ports on the 9 night are either early arrival/departure or late arrival/departure, which, in my mind, kind of feels like 1/2 day in port each.

So having Bermuda for 2 days or other ports for (sort of) a total of 4 days, Bermuda won out for me. Also, I prefer not to have too may consecutive sea days and prefer touring over beaches. Just thought I would share my thoughts since I was faced with a similar decision :)

I felt the same way as you did the first time I booked a 5 night cruise to Bermuda. I always prefer a 7 or even 9 night cruise and can't wait til DH and I retire so we have time for even longer cruises. However, we have now done the 5 night to Bermuda 5 or 6 times and have not regretted it once. It is a perfect getaway and doesn't feel too short. Bermuda is wonderful and you can go several times and still find new things to do each time.

Thanks for your input. Yea I'm far from retirement as I'm 25 LOL!!

I was on a 5 night to Bermuda couple of weeks ago and loved every minute. It may have felt a bit short, but I feel it was enough to be worth it.

I wanted to book for the same time next year and compared the 5 night Bermuda to the 9 night Bermuda and Caribbean, thinking the extra ports would be worth giving up the second day in Bermuda. However, two of the ports on the 9 night are either early arrival/departure or late arrival/departure, which, in my mind, kind of feels like 1/2 day in port each.

So having Bermuda for 2 days or other ports for (sort of) a total of 4 days, Bermuda won out for me. Also, I prefer not to have too may consecutive sea days and prefer touring over beaches. Just thought I would share my thoughts since I was faced with a similar decision :)

Never thought about it like this, thanks for sharing your thoughts

We are going on a 7-night cruise in July and we have a short cruise between Christmas and New Year. The short cruise was the only one with dates that worked for us. While we are disappointed that it has to be short, it beats no cruise at all by a long shot! :D

Hi all,

Would just like some feedback that my decision to go with a 5 night over a 9 night was a good one.

I had booked a 5 night on the Anthem for 2017 as a birthday present for the GF. Obviously she doesn't know about it, since I sneakily went to the "Next Cruise" desk on our recent cruise in May on the Adventure and booked it.

My gf and I have been on 3 cruises together as you will see in my signature below. We ended up had some trouble on the Adventure in regards to quality, which evidently led us to getting a discount on our future cruise. All in all, I was able to get a great deal on the 5 night Anthem of the Seas to Bermuda, which came to about right under $800 a person for interior room.

It just hard for me to get over the fact that it is a 5 night rather then a 7 night. since our last 2 cruises were 7 night. I mean I know there is no such thing with Anthem for 7 night so it was either 5 or 9. Our first cruise was a 5 night but then we went on a 7 night the next 2 cruises and we were like :D:D, but it was not like we didn't have fun on the 7 night. It's just 2 more nights of paradise :cool:. LOL

Also the date of this 5 night is the day after her b-day, oppose to the 9 night which is about 2 weeks after her b-day.

I guess I'm just over analyzing, but I just need some convincing that a 5 night is good enough.

Lol (don't laugh at me)... haha

Thanks!!

No way 7 is not enough, we like 10 minimum.

I believe I have been on 2 5 night cruises and I must say they are just not enough. Maybe good for a first timer that's unsure if they will like it or not but I would prefer atleast 6-7 night cruises. I am the type that enjoys being out at sea. There is something so calming about looking around and seeing nothing but water (and the occasional ship), which you get more of on longer cruises. I also have to travel, typically by plane, to a port so it's more cost efficient for me to go on a longer cruise.

I believe I have been on 2 5 night cruises and I must say they are just not enough. Maybe good for a first timer that's unsure if they will like it or not but I would prefer atleast 6-7 night cruises. I am the type that enjoys being out at sea. There is something so calming about looking around and seeing nothing but water (and the occasional ship), which you get more of on longer cruises. I also have to travel, typically by plane, to a port so it's more cost efficient for me to go on a longer cruise.

Yea I understand, normally we fly to Fort Lauderdale or San Juan. But this is the first cruise we are taking out of NJ and we are from NY, so no air fare this time.

I would say, if you can afford it, and have the time, do the 9 day cruise. I'm in the situation where I could afford a 9 day cruise, but with kids and responsibilities at work, just can't get away for that long so we have to stick to the 5 day cruises. But we've also been sticking to the smaller boats so that's a good amount of time to experience everything on the boat along with the excursions.

But where you are young and have the time (and resources), I'd say go for it while you can. Either way, have fun!

Perhaps it is just me, but I find that taking a cruise is so relaxing that only a few hours after sailing I feel like I have been gone longer.... in a good way. While I love 7 day cruises, I have found that by around day 5 I am relaxed enough that I am ready to go home. That is not to say that I prefer a 5 day.... but it seems to accomplish goal of being rested and refreshed.

Perhaps it is just me, but I find that taking a cruise is so relaxing that only a few hours after sailing I feel like I have been gone longer.... in a good way. While I love 7 day cruises, I have found that by around day 5 I am relaxed enough that I am ready to go home. That is not to say that I prefer a 5 day.... but it seems to accomplish goal of being rested and refreshed.

Thanks for your input