Portable Beach Hat

I'm not a hat wearer, but a couple of friends have these ribbon crusher hats for travel and they look very cute & pack well. The brim is shapeable. They come in many different colors if you search on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Protective-Packable-Striped-Travel-Brim/dp/B009P9G7QS/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1467607862&sr=1-8&nodeID=2474936011&keywords=packable+ribbon+hats

Thank you for all the recommendations. I wonder how packable these are as i only use carry on for a suitcase.

The Walleroos & sea grass hats are very pack able, even in carryon. Roll up to almost nothing

Thank you for all the recommendations. I wonder how packable these are as i only use carry on for a suitcase.

The one I have is very packable. I packed mine in a carry-on bag. I just added to the top before I zipped it up.

I'm not a hat wearer, but a couple of friends have these ribbon crusher hats for travel and they look very cute & pack well. The brim is shapeable. They come in many different colors if you search on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Protective-Packable-Striped-Travel-Brim/dp/B009P9G7QS/ref=sr_1_8?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1467607862&sr=1-8&nodeID=2474936011&keywords=packable+ribbon+hats

I have that hat in beige. It rolls up and fits great in my suitcase and then resumes it's shape when unrolled. It's also size adjustable by the ribbon.

Wish I could find a good hat! My head is sort of small and most hats sink clear down to my ear tops! Thanks to everyone for the links to hats you like!

My Walleroo has an adjustable cord on the inside that makes it fit perfectly. The model I have is Tahitian Cowboy

Edited by awhfy

I usually wear my straw hat on the plane and take it off and put it on top of my carry-on in the luggage bin when I get on the plane. I put it back on when I take it out of the bin at the end of the flight. This works well for me as it covers up bad hair after the flight.

I love the Scalia hats. They are always well-priced at TJ Maxx. I've got several of them in various styles and colors. They last forever! Some of them have adjustable drawstrings inside the hat.

Hope you find what you're looking for and have an awesome trip!

I love my big sun hats. Mine are from Wallaroo, Boulder, Colorado. They have a string in the inside band that allows you to customize the fit. I have white and black. I sometimes put a flower or decorations on them, especially in the Caribbean.

The best decision I ever made was to pack them in my suitcase without trying to find a "packable or crushable " hat that really did come back into shape without creases. I stack my 2 hats with my DH's 1, then put them upside down and then pack soft things around them such as panties and pajamas. I fold my bras (foam cups) and they just fit inside the crown of the hat. No more creased, crushed hats. I've spent plenty on the so-called packable and crushable hats and was disappointed with the results.

I once saw a well-dressed woman going through an airport with two different hats stacked on her head. They were straw with decorations on them. She looked silly, but I thought she had guts and I thought "you go, girl".

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app