Newbie questions for upcoming cruise

We will be on the Pearl in 1 week! Curious about these things (tried to research them all, with some conflicting info):

1. Can we get a fan in our room? If not, can we bring one on board? What kind is allowed?

2. Do they supply enough shampoo/conditioner/soap for the entire cruise?

3. How fast is the regular laundry service? What is the current price?

4. Is there still a 4 cup coffee maker in the balcony rooms? Would that take a standard "basket" style of filter if we want to bring our own coffee?

Thanks!!

Why would you want a fan? The AC blows in the cabin whether you want

it to or not. I imagine you can bring one, If you want to pack it?

Whose got the room for that? lol

Coffee, I had to go get but mainly because I like the kind made in the

pastry area, whatever its called....

Yes, there's shampoo, body wash, in the pump dispensers in the shower.

I brought my own small bottle of Conditioner, and it worked fine for the week.

Didn't use laundry service.

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo

Not sure why you would need a fan in AK it will not be that hot.

I have never asked about it so don't know if they can provide one onboard.

The soap and shampoo are liquids that are dispensed in the shower - they will be refilled if needed during the cruise.

Take a look at some of the recent reports - there was a recent one that posted all the dailies and just about everything that came by the cabin.

The last I knew, balcony rooms did have a small 4 cup drip coffee maker.

I'm a fan sleeper. I've grown accustomed to the white noise and it bothers me to be without it. That said, the ship generates a good amount of white noise while underway, and if that's not enough, you can crack the balcony door. If the issue is staying cool, the ship's a/c works just fine, for an a/c loving fan having guy like me.

I've never heard of NCL providing a fan.

We will be on the Pearl in 1 week! Curious about these things (tried to research them all, with some conflicting info):

1. Can we get a fan in our room? If not, can we bring one on board? What kind is allowed?

2. Do they supply enough shampoo/conditioner/soap for the entire cruise?

3. How fast is the regular laundry service? What is the current price?

4. Is there still a 4 cup coffee maker in the balcony rooms? Would that take a standard "basket" style of filter if we want to bring our own coffee?

Thanks!!

1. they're usually pretty negative about what electrical appliances you can take on board, for good reason

2. Plenty of shampoo and conditioner etc, replaced as needed, however some think it's pretty awful stuff

3. No idea sorry

4. Not sure, but plenty of places to get a cuppa.

My wife brings a battery powered WalMart type fan with a few extra batteries. She uses it occasionally when makeup, etc. We use our phone white noise app otherwise at night. The soap/shampoo dispensers are replenished by your room steward as they need. You won't run out. For the 4 cup Mr. Coffee type makers, assuming they still are using them, we bring some 4 cup filters and our own coffee. The laundry service is usually out one morning and back evening the next day. Prices are pretty steep for individual pieces. There should be a laundry special sometime in the middle of the week. All you can stuff in a bag for one price. Double bag the bag and roll your clothes. You can get a big bunch in it then.

Thanks for the input thus far!

Just to respond to some concerns....We do like the white noise and airflow of a fan. I am not concerned for me and DH (balcony), but more for the kids who will be in an inside room. I guess we should bring one that is battery operated just in case.

Coffee - DH and I need strong, regular coffee. I am a coffee snob and really prefer to make my own. There is a .0000001 % chance I will like what they give us, so I need to be prepared. If I have good coffee, everything else will be super terrific.

Thanks for the input thus far!

Just to respond to some concerns....We do like the white noise and airflow of a fan. I am not concerned for me and DH (balcony), but more for the kids who will be in an inside room. I guess we should bring one that is battery operated just in case.

Coffee - DH and I need strong, regular coffee. I am a coffee snob and really prefer to make my own. There is a .0000001 % chance I will like what they give us, so I need to be prepared. If I have good coffee, everything else will be super terrific.

No conditioner is provided in non-suites according to CC member reports.

1. Can we get a fan in our room? If not, can we bring one on board? What kind is allowed? You would have to bring one. Before they discontinued smoking on balconies, I use to bring a small battery powered one just in case.

2. Do they supply enough shampoo/conditioner/soap for the entire cruise? They supply shampoo no conditioner, but I think it is awful and would suggest you bring your own.

3. How fast is the regular laundry service? What is the current price? It took a day or two, I believe. Don't remember the cost, but I didn't feel it was outlandish.

4. Is there still a 4 cup coffee maker in the balcony rooms? Would that take a standard "basket" style of filter if we want to bring our own coffee? Sorry, I don't drink coffee.

Thanks!!

Enjoy your cruise. Edited by NLH Arizona

Thanks so much! I feel much better prepared now.

If anyone is still reading, please indulge me another question. How strict is NCL with the boarding time? We are driving in the day of, if all goes well we will be in Seattle 2-3 hours prior to our boarding time. With a car load of luggage, I would not want to be separated from it. What happens if we try and check in a couple hours early?

Thanks so much! I feel much better prepared now.

If anyone is still reading, please indulge me another question. How strict is NCL with the boarding time? We are driving in the day of, if all goes well we will be in Seattle 2-3 hours prior to our boarding time. With a car load of luggage, I would not want to be separated from it. What happens if we try and check in a couple hours early?

Those check-in times are treated as a suggestion even though they make you pick one. Show up as you please.

If you are coming north on I5 I would not consider 2-3 hrs much of a buffer :D

It has been awhile since we last drove and parked at the pier in Seattle. Then the parking garage was across and slightly down the street from the pier. So you have to drag your bags down the street.

As for check in times, that is something new to me I recently read here where there were problems in Boston with check- in and they really enforced the check in times.

It Seattle the baggage check is on the ground floor, you then get in line to go through security, then to upstairs to the check in lines, then to another lounge until your boarding group is called. Unless you are in a suite or have VIP status.

There are a bunch of apps that will give you white noise.

No breeze though...;)

Might be easier than hauling a fan.

"White noise free" is what we use when we travel, and it works in Airplane Mode.

Have a great cruise!

There are a bunch of apps that will give you white noise.

No breeze though...;)

Might be easier than hauling a fan.

"White noise free" is what we use when we travel, and it works in Airplane Mode.

Have a great cruise!

This is what we've done using my husband's iPad. Works great in airplane mode, was free, and no need to haul a fan!