July 9th Oasis of the Seas in Action

Hello All. I have decided to do a review of Oasis of the Seas as it's happening. I enjoy reading them so figured why not.

Disclaimer*** I have purchased the internet package for our cruise and will be updating while on the cruise. But, if the internet is not up to par ;) then I will not be doing the review in action and will update at the end.

A little about us...I am a 26 yo who works way too many hours a week. :D I will be bringing my 21 yo sister. She turned 21 on July 2nd. She is a full time student on break for the summer and she works full time. We NEED this vacation! We have both been on 2 cruises before this. One was a RCCL Cruise and one was NCL. I much preferred RCCL even tho it was on the Grandeur of the Seas (too small for my liking).

We are young but we are business professionals and were raised with manners. I say this so people will continue to read our review without thinking we are children who are going to party like crazy people thus not valuing our opinion. With that said...

We have purchased the Premium Package at a rate of $47/pp pd + tip. Total for each was around $390.00. We drink a lot of water and will easily "spend" $15 - $20 in water each day. We are not heavy drinkers but like the idea of freedom with drinks. If we hate it, we don't feel like we are wasting money. (not our goal but nice to have the freedom)

Our plan is such:

This Friday the 8th we will be leaving out of Hartford, CT via Southwest to FLL.

Arrival, sleep, embark, etc.

Nassau, Bahamas - We have booked with RCCL the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion Encounter. There is not much time in Bahamas but found this to be the best for the money and what we like.

St. Kitts - We have booked ATV Riding NOT through RCCL (not offered at time of booking). I am very nervous that we did not book through RCCL but I'm sure all will go well.

St. Thomas - We have booked Snorkeling in Turtle Cove NOT through RCCL. This was not offered at ALL through RCCL and we had heard great things.

We are leaving FLL late on the same day of arrival. Because of this and wonderful CC, we have booked the Airboat ride through the Everglades through RCCL including transportation to FLL Airport.

We have set dining at 8:30 pm.

And we have booked various shows which I will report on as well.

For now....3 DAYS TILL WE FLY OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Oh, we also booked our stateroom as an Oceanview G. I need an oceanview (at least) as I am claustrophobic and need the window for my anxiety. We ended up getting 10100 for our stateroom. It is the very forward of the ship overlooking the helicopter pad. It has a larger window and a bit more space.

Woohoo, can't wait. When I did my live review back in January, I used Tapatalk via my cell phone and it worked great. You will have a great time on Oasis, Have fun and looking forward to your review.

Oh, we also booked our stateroom as an Oceanview G. I need an oceanview (at least) as I am claustrophobic and need the window for my anxiety. We ended up getting 10100 for our stateroom. It is the very forward of the ship overlooking the helicopter pad. It has a larger window and a bit more space.

I've never had a foreward facing room. You'll have to keep your drapes drawn at night.

I've heard that before. Does anyone know why?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes. The bridge needs total darkness in order to see. The light pollution that emits from the foreward staterooms drastically reduces the visibility for the navigators.

I've heard that before. Does anyone know why?

Some ships ask those in the forward facing staterooms to close their drapes to reduce the light reaching the bridge. The light can interfere with the bridge officer's visibility at night.

Edited by clarea

In addition to the darkness for the bridge, the crew are allowed to hang out on the foredeck and they can see into the rooms from there.

Have a great cruise! The airboat ride sounds fun. I lived in Florida for many years and never tried that.

IMG_1035_zpsqjyrldrz.jpg

Edited by Pratique

Hoping you 2 have a great time!

Check out your non RCCL excursions on Trip Advisor they have some good information on that site.

Donna

Ohhhh I'm a review junky. I looked every where and found very good reviews on the two I chose. Super excited

Really looking forward to your review because I just booked the Oasis today for Dec. 2017. Can you tell me how far out you made your reservations for the shows? Did you have any problems making reservations? Thanks in advance. Have a great cruise!

Really looking forward to your review because I just booked the Oasis today for Dec. 2017. Can you tell me how far out you made your reservations for the shows? Did you have any problems making reservations? Thanks in advance. Have a great cruise!

I made reservations about 45 days ahead of time and had no issues.