My biggest complaint on Majesty of the Seas

I am a nonsmoker My modus operandi on a cruise is to grab a table and chairs pool side and set up a command center for the day. I don't care to soak up the sun and recliners while nice for a while don't work for me for the long haul.

The only table and chair set up on the entire pool deck is on the smoking side of the pool. Hey RCII how about a few for us nonsmokers. A table with 4 chairs uses less deck space than 3 recliners.

e81b231b4674d00fbe7f1c9cd5838b0b.jpgce131ca314a8de123c6d0006b1d8498b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wsyrob

Good idea. Add in my idea of a cubby hole for people to put towels, shirts and shoes while in the pool for people who don't want/need to use a lounger and you've improved the pool deck.

Smoking should be banned from all ships. If not, then in an area not frequented by normal pass-thru or locations on the ships. Not next to a pool. Smoke and come back...

Smoking should be limited to the lower muster station deck. It has no place by the pool or the jogging tracks. There is ample space on those decks down there to smoke, and it is much less frequented on all ships. I've barely seen a soul down there at any hours when I walk. Mostly crew and smokers.

One entire side is smoking. The other nonsmoking. That's fine with me though it would be nice to have some tables and chairs on the nonsmoking side. Also they probably should limit smoking in the new kids splash play areas.da1f4b2a1752f54048cd18d9b2f08041.jpg

If I wanted a chair in an area where there were no chairs, I would just drag one over. Easy. Does one person really need a table? I could see if 2 or more wanted a table then they could all pitch in and drag it over. No problem.

If I wanted a chair in an area where there were no chairs, I would just drag one over. Easy. Does one person really need a table? I could see if 2 or more wanted a table then they could all pitch in and drag it over. No problem.

No way a table can be moved over there. I can get a chair. My wife and I share a table with whoever we cruise with. The kids know where we are and drop by during the day. They should mirror the set up on both sides of the deck if one is to be smoking and one is not.

Here is my command center for the day in smoking unfortunately.

12e585ff2e77ee153e4010f32cc7aa66.jpg

I was on the last 2 sailings out of Miami before the move to Port Canaveral. On those cruises there were loungers, tables & chairs on both sides of the ship, smoking & nonsmoking. Did something change?

No way a table can be moved over there. I can get a chair. My wife and I share a table with whoever we cruise with. The kids know where we are and drop by during the day. They should mirror the set up on both sides of the deck if one is to be smoking and one is not.

From the above it sounds like it *has been* mirrored in the past.

I would have asked to see if something could be changed. I truly could not have sat for 10 minutes, let alone a day, on that side.

I love BillOh's idea of "a cubby hole for people to put towels, shirts and shoes while in the pool for people who don't want/need to use a lounger".

I don't smoke.

I have never smoked.

I don't like smoking.

I don't like smoke.

But having one side of the pool deck available for smokers is NOT asking too much. You are outside, on an upper deck, there is plenty of air and air movement. Smoke doesn't interfere with other areas. You can walk on the other side of the deck to get from end to end.

If you insist that smokers should not even have that area, you are just mean and selfish.

P.S. This is NOT aimed at the OP. It is meant for some of the intermediary posters on this thread, whom I chose not to call out by quoting their posts, but then I realized that wsyrob might think that I was talking about him.

Edited by Merion_Mom

I just watched 2 moms feed 5 kids age 6& under pizza at the table next to me. No way they should be forced to do that in the smoking section. To the snark who says they should just take the kids to Sorrentos, the wet bathing suit shoe rule makes what they did a great idea for all involved. Possible exception for the smoker who hates kids and doesn't want his space invaded.

Updated pic of my command center. They brought me 3 beers in a bucket of ice. Compass Deli is great for lunch at the pool.

a65baa72bbd5a3dc1a52b29e8242aa94.jpg

I don't smoke.

I have never smoked.

I don't like smoking.

I don't like smoke.

But having one side of the pool deck available for smokers is NOT asking too much. You are outside, on an upper deck, there is plenty of air and air movement. Smoke doesn't interfere with other areas. You can walk on the other side of the deck to get from end to end.

If you insist that smokers should not even have that area, you are just mean and selfish.

P.S. This is NOT aimed at the OP. It is meant for some of the intermediary posters on this thread, whom I chose not to call out by quoting their posts, but then I realized that wsyrob might think that I was talking about him.

You chose not to call them out? How gracious of you!

Smoking should be limited to the lower muster station deck.

So the smoke can be blown into the balconies above? :(

Up on the top decks where it can quickly be dispersed makes much more sense.

I don't smoke.

I have never smoked.

I don't like smoking.

I don't like smoke.

I agree. On these 3-4 day cruises there is probably a higher percentage of smokers on board than with other demographics. It's really not too bad for me or I wouldn't sit here.

I grew up in the 60's with 2 chain smoking parents. Road trips in the winter were something else when we were forbidden to roll a window down

So the smoke can be blown into the balconies above? :(

Up on the top decks where it can quickly be dispersed makes much more sense.

No balcony above other than the sun deck at the pool. Deck 7 as someone else suggested not so much but 3 decks would probably make it a nonissue.

I don't smoke.

I have never smoked.

I don't like smoking.

I don't like smoke.

This. I don't smoke either but the self righteous, narcissistic pomposity of the crowd makes me want to upchuck.

That said, I don'the think the OPS desire for tables on that side is unreasonable.

Edited by JohnGaltny

This. I don't smoke either but the self righteous, narcissistic pomposity of the crowd makes me want to upchuck.

That said, I don'the think the OPS desire for tables on that side is unreasonable.

I pretty much agree. Also sitting in smoking on this side of the boat I am having a great time. I talked my wife into sitting here by reminding her what our favorite Blues Club is like (Google The Double Door in Charlotte NC) These smokers are probably more fun than the other side of the boat.

Good idea. Add in my idea of a cubby hole for people to put towels, shirts and shoes while in the pool for people who don't want/need to use a lounger and you've improved the pool deck.

Great Idea!

I just watched 2 moms feed 5 kids age 6& under pizza at the table next to me. No way they should be forced to do that in the smoking section. To the snark who says they should just take the kids to Sorrentos, the wet bathing suit shoe rule makes what they did a great idea for all involved. Possible exception for the smoker who hates kids and doesn't want his space invaded.

Updated pic of my command center. They brought me 3 beers in a bucket of ice. Compass Deli is great for lunch at the pool.

a65baa72bbd5a3dc1a52b29e8242aa94.jpg

My biggest complaint is that people are actually logging on to the internet instead of enjoying their vacation to complain...

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

My biggest complaint is that people are actually logging on to the internet instead of enjoying their vacation to complain...

If they want to use the internet while they are on vacation, who cares? They aren't bothering anyone if they are just sitting there posting.

I would think you could get someone to help you relocate a table. And if you truly hate smoking so much why is the ash tray still on your table? Additionally "command center? It looks more like an eat and drink yourself to death center" as if that section of the ship now belongs to you?

You want to talk about smoking being unhealthy? OMG you are eating three peoples worth of lunches and an entire plate of cookies?? That might kill you much faster then the second hand smoke. RELAX enjoy your vacation or go sit somewhere else!!!!

Probably because I want to enjoy my vacation rather than make a scene hassling staff to move tables. My hope is that future cruisers with the same mindset might benefit from my posts if Royal reads these boards.

LOL that was lunch from compass deli 2 sand and a salad for my wife and I.

I enjoy posting on CC. Why exactly do you post.

Probably because I want to enjoy my vacation rather than make a scene hassling staff to move tables. My hope is that future cruisers with the same mindset might benefit from my posts if Royal reads these boards.

LOL that was lunch from compass deli 2 sand and a salad for my wife and I.

I enjoy posting on CC. Why exactly do you post.

You know what. Your right. I am sorry

There are so many people that do nothing but complain. And most of the time I bite my tongue, becase I truly dont care. In this instance your post got the best of me. It's my fault. I just dont understand.

Instead of askiing someone to help you solve the problem so you could have a happy outcome ( which you consider a hassle) you would rather post a negative comment online and complain about it. I guess thats how I see it.

Typically I post when I have a specific question or when someone asks a question that I have direct first hand expereience to answer ( I think that is helpful) Cruise critic is full of people with 70k posts who constantly give the wrong information,, people who seem to relish and rejoice when a child could possibly be drowned, and those that get mad when they get their case of water taken from them even when the rules say they cant bring it on board. This used to be a great resource. Not so much anymore and it makes me sad. I guess I should have just not reponsed to your thread... it just seemed like you had so many other "suitable" options, as opposed to logging in and bashing the ship when you did not try to seek a solution. thats all

I am done with this thread. Since this is only your 2nd cruise i know it's not your fault. you are new here, and for anyone new they would think, seeing every other post is a complaint that it is only normal... For me it's sad and truly NOT helpful, I wish you many happy cruises. Nothing is ever perfect. I hope you have a great cruise

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

You know what. Your right. I am sorry

There are so many people that do nothing but complain. And most of the time I bite my tongue, becase I truly dont care. In this instance your post got the best of me. It's my fault. I just dont understand.

Instead of askiing someone to help you solve the problem so you could have a happy outcome ( which you consider a hassle) you would rather post a negative comment online and complain about it. I guess thats how I see it.

Typically I post when I have a specific question or when someone asks a question that I have direct first hand expereience to answer ( I think that is helpful) Cruise critic is full of people with 70k posts who constantly give the wrong information,, people who seem to relish and rejoice when a child could possibly be drowned, and those that get mad when they get their case of water taken from them even when the rules say they cant bring it on board. This used to be a great resource. Not so much anymore and it makes me sad. I guess I should have just not reponsed to your thread... it just seemed like you had so many other "suitable" options, as opposed to logging in and bashing the ship when you did not try to seek a solution. thats all

I am done with this thread. Since this is only your 2nd cruise i know it's not your fault. you are new here, and for anyone new they would think, seeing every other post is a complaint that it is only normal... For me it's sad and truly NOT helpful, I wish you many happy cruises. Nothing is ever perfect. I hope you have a great cruise

So you just made a post complaining about people complaining

At least he's not in line at the Windjammer at high noon on embarkation day reporting it's not a good start for Royal Caribbean because there's a line at the Windjammer at high noon on embarkation day. :D

Edited by Big_G