Any chance a balcony can be used on a summer TA

Jacqueline

The location of the balcony is key. Just a guess, but sheltered balconies rather than glass fronted balconies are more often used in a transatlantic, no matter the season.

Edited by Salacia

I've been told the steamer chaise's in PG cabins have been replace with chairs?????

This was BlueRiband's comment on the balcony furniture

The balcony teak loungers are replaced with two wicker-like loungers. An ottoman holds the seat cushions outside of daylight hours so cushions no longer have to be placed between the curtains and windows.

Pretty sure it's unlikely but thought I would ask..

Is your concern for the weather being too hot, or too cold? Either way, follow Underwatr's advice. if you don't want too much sun, reverse the advice.

I would just like to enjoy the sea air... Sun is a bonus. I was thinking the wind would be too brisk?

I guess I should also ask about the promenade deck. Is it possible to promenade ?

I am port side both ways.. Since I was a guarantee I didn't have a choice.

I have both a sheltered balcony (no sea view) and a "glass one" on deck ten ...

I would just like to enjoy the sea air... Sun is a bonus. I was thinking the wind would be too brisk?

I guess I should also ask about the promenade deck. Is it possible to promenade ?

I always book a sheltered balcony for a crossing because I like to be able to get some fresh air even when the decks are closed and most balconies are not accessible. We have been able to go out in rough seas in December. Just make sure you have a rain jacket with hood because of potential sea spray.

Edited by Cancun01

Even the glass balconies are much less windy than the open decks, if you have the sun on your side you should be able to sit out.

We enjoyed sunbathing in the first week of January when both New York and Southampton were snowed in !

QM2 balcony.pdf

Edited by Host Hattie