When does Choice Air notify you of an itinerary change?

I booked airfare through Air2Sea a couple of weeks ago only because I have Royal Caribbean's cruise insurance and was told I needed to book through them in order to guarantee coverage should I need to cancel my cruise.

Being the price stalker I am, I always check prices even after booking just to see if I got the best deal and helps with future timing of booking things as well.

So tonight when I checked pricing for my flight, I noticed it didn't show up on Expedia or United and sent my TA an email. He pulled up my confirmation and said it appears the times of my flights changed (both outgoing and incoming). I'm pretty sure this was a change on United's end since the flight numbers don't even exist anymore, but shouldn't myself or my TA have been notified?

Thanks to all who respond. :)

Any time we book choice air we get the booking ID then track everything through Delta ( our airline of choice) then they notify us if there is a change. Not sure why you are doing anything with Expedia when booking choice air.

Edited by gagirl7143

Any time we book choice air we get the booking ID then track everything through Delta ( our airline of choice) then they notify us if there is a change. Not sure why you are doing anything with Expedia when booking choice air.

I am only using expedia as a way to check the price. As I stated, I like to price watch and see if better deals happen after the fact so I know for future dealings.

Edited by erby2283

Our good friends who live in Cleveland use choice air a lot and do United as that is the airline that is best from there and they have had their flights changed tons of times. Might be United is the problem. Never had a problem with Delta except maybe a 5 to 10 minute difference. Good luck.

If we use Air 2 Sea and booked with a specific airline, then I will monitor that airline and our flight # for any changes. i checked prices to Copenhagen for next year and actually can do much better with schedule and pricing booking directly with Norwegian Air.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I am only using expedia as a way to check the price. As I stated, I like to price watch and see if better deals happen after the fact so I know for future dealings.

We have used Choice Air several times, and have never been notified of changes. I've always seen the changes using the the airline's web site, which I check regularly.

We have always been notified directly by Choice Air when there are changes, though I seem to know about the changes before the email from ChoiceAir arrives (since I check weekly).:D

Any changes in flight times or equipment is due to a change by the Airlines and not ChoiceAir.

We used Choice Air (Air2Sea) on our May trip from Europe. I checked our reservation in March and it had changed. We then received an email an hour later that the itinerary had changed. Coincidence? or did my random inquiry trigger that email? I'm sort of guessing the later.

shouldn't myself or my TA have been notified?

One would certainly hope so, but numerous anecdotal reports over the years from Choice Air pax, and even from pax who booked directly through the airlines, would indicate that very frequently no notification is given. The general advice to all air travelers is to regularly monitor your flights via the airline website.

This thread got me wondering about our Choice Air flights to BCN this fall, so I checked. Found that sometime in the last few days United changed equipment on one of our flights. Our seats changed and the flight is 35 minutes later. No email from Choice Air.

Edited by clarea

We had our seats changed with no notice. Security reasons were sited. So we went from window and aisle in row of 2 to an aisle and middle seat in center of 3 seats. Of course we can get better seats for a few dollars. Was disappointed because I buy early to get the seats I want.

This thread got me wondering about our Choice Air flights to BCN this fall, so I checked. Found that sometime in the last few days United changed equipment on one of our flights. Our seats changed and the flight is 35 minutes later. No email from Choice Air.

I was about to post almost the same thing.

Thread got me wondering about our flights to BCN in October, so I checked too.

There has been another change to our Chicago to Philly leg of our trip. First time it changed we received an email from ChoiceAir. The only reason I found the latest one was by clicking on the link in the old email. It appears the change is in process, so maybe that's why we haven't gotten an email yet? However, if enter our reservation # on the AA website, it shows our reservation with the new flight number and time.

I'm actually happy about this change. It has us back on the original flight from ORD to PHL leaving at 1:40pm instead of 3pm. :)

I... I'm actually happy about this change. It has us back on the original flight from ORD to PHL leaving at 1:40pm instead of 3pm. :)

I agree, I would have also been happy if they increased our connection time, but unfortunately, they took 35 minutes away from us. We've still got 3 months to go, so maybe it will change the other way.

We got notice that our flight time had changed it changed by 5 min I thought that was a little strange. This is for our flight from Tampa to Barcelona in Oct. I also check often to check for changes.

Leigh

Bob, did you pay for your flights when you booked them or have they been added on to your final invoice?

We always pay for our flights when we book, so that might be the reason that we get notified directly from ChoiceAir. We also use a TA and she usually forwards the email from ChoiceAir several days after we've been notified.

Just a thought.

Edited by cruisenfever

Bob, did you pay for your flights when you booked them or have they been added on to your final invoice?

We always pay for our flights when we book, so that might be the reason that we get notified directly from ChoiceAir. We also use a TA and she usually forwards the email from ChoiceAir several days after we've been notified.

Just a thought.

Yes, we paid when we booked. Choice Air no longer offers the Flex fare where you can pay at final payment.

So what do you do when there has been a change and the change is wrong? I also just checked my ChoiceAir reserved flight to BCN for this October. We booked a round trip from St Louis. When I pull up my record on American Airlines, it is showing my return flight going to CMH, not STL. Do I need to work this through Choice or should I call American?

Edit: Must have been some weird American Airlines glitch because I just refreshed and now it is showing my return flight to STL. That was strange.

Edited by blackshirt

So what do you do when there has been a change and the change is wrong? I also just checked my ChoiceAir reserved flight to BCN for this October. We booked a round trip from St Louis. When I pull up my record on American Airlines, it is showing my return flight going to CMH, not STL. Do I need to work this through Choice or should I call American?

I would first go through Choice Air.

Edit: Must have been some weird American Airlines glitch because I just refreshed and now it is showing my return flight to STL. That was strange.

Glad it was just a glitch and your flights are as they should be. :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

... Edit: Must have been some weird American Airlines glitch because I just refreshed and now it is showing my return flight to STL. That was strange.

Wow, that would have been scary for me. Glad this was nothing.

numerous anecdotal reports over the years from Choice Air pax, and even from pax who booked directly through the airlines, would indicate that very frequently no notification is given. The general advice to all air travelers is to regularly monitor your flights via the airline website.

So of course, I posted this yesterday and almost commented, from a personal standpoint, on how rarely I ever get notified.... this morning I have an email from Delta letting me know a departure in September has been moved up 30 min. Go figure, LOL.:rolleyes:

A number of years ago we had booked a return flight from LHR for a TA through ChoiceAir. There had been an equipment change somewhere along the line and the airline had rebooked our seats. I never DID get any kind of notification about that and did not find out until we boarded. Since I had paid extra for exit row seats, I was not happy, to say the least (of course, by then, all of the exit row seats were booked). They reseated us in a bulkhead seat but it was the center row and I was still not happy...but let it go as I just wanted to get home at that point. THAT was when I began checking everything on a periodic basis to preclude that kind of a(n) [unwelcome] surprise.

It has been my experience that changes in itineraries are rarely reported through the TA. If it comes at all, it usually comes through the airline. Most of the time I get nothing. UGH.

Guess that means it's good practice to check while we're on the cruise in case they change our return flight. Wonder why that happens so frequently with choice air bc I don't really hear these types of changes with people who book directly with the airline?