anthem -boy who was saved from drowning

With him being on life support for so relatively long...I really question if that was possible.

I'm sadly dealing with a situation with a friend that has caused me to learn that very few donors actually are able to donate organs, because the life-saving procedures done to them generally make the organs not donatable. (coming directly from the organ donation team that her mom called in several days ago "just in case

That might sound nitpicky, but because of this current situation I'm mourning I really doubt this "update".

He passed last week wasn't on life support very long. And his organs were donated.

It is not a rumor and I posted it so people could pray and/or offer good thoughts, whatever is your custom, for this family as I feel it could have happened to anyone and is beyond horror. I cannot give you a source. My work gave me access to this information. Please try to not beat me up for this. There seemed to alot of concern and the sharing of this information was done with good intentions.

He passed last week wasn't on life support very long. And his organs were donated.

You might want to review HIPAA rights. If you or your sources are anyway connected to this family through any medical facility, you should be reported to the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights. The family asked for privacy and you violated that by posting your inside information.

You might want to review HIPAA rights. If you or your sources are anyway connected to this family through any medical facility, you should be reported to the US Department of Health and Human Services Office of Civil Rights. The family asked for privacy and you violated that by posting your inside information.

Why don't you take care of that mema As I said I had good intentions as people were concerned. Why must everyone be so nasty BTW, the connection is through law enforcement so Mema you can relax yourself. And no one's privacy was violated. No names are used. Good intentions remember. Maybe you should find some for yourself. Pathetic

Why don't you take care of that mema As I said I had good intentions as people were concerned. Why must everyone be so nasty BTW, the connection is through law enforcement so Mema you can relax yourself. And no one's privacy was violated. No names are used. Good intentions remember. Maybe you should find some for yourself. Pathetic

Well, you law enforcement connection also has an ethics responsibility and the internal affairs department would be interested in having a discussion with him.

Good intentions or not, it is not up to you to decide what information is shared with the general public. What if this was your son and someone felt the need to post your private suffering in a public forum? That is what is pathetic.

Well, you law enforcement connection also has an ethics responsibility and the internal affairs department would be interested in having a discussion with him.

Good intentions or not, it is not up to you to decide what information is shared with the general public. What if this was your son and someone felt the need to post your private suffering in a public forum? That is what is pathetic.

I will end this boring sparing with you by telling you to chill. Its all anonymous. Why are you so bothered? Who elected you the morality police? And nothing that was said or done violated anyone's privacy. And the point was just to let people (some of them care) that through this tragedy, others lived. That was the point.

Edited by marbat105

Yes, the boy's full name was in the article you posted.

Edited by tonit964

Yes, the boy's full name was in the article you posted.

His full name and where he was from was released not that long after the incident happened.

And I believe death records are public information so realistically anyone could have looked up his name to find that out. The only thing that would not have been known is the organ donor information.

Now, there will be those who know nothing about HIPAA rights (but they act like they do) will try to slam you for bringing this up. IMO, interesting enough, and good catch on your part. I totally agree. Law enforcement, hospitals, whatever the "job" is, "sources" cannot reveal anything such as "revealed to me by my job" and this forum certainly isn't a place for revealing ANY information, because that IS a HIPAA violation. But, good luck in finding the identity of the poster in here.

My heart goes out to the family involved with this horrific experience.

Indeed. Law Enforcement DO abide by HIPAA as well as hospitals. You can clearly see that your "critics" of what you realized regarding HIPAA know NOTHING about it. Case closed.

I will end this boring sparing with you by telling you to chill. Its all anonymous. Why are you so bothered? Who elected you the morality police? And nothing that was said or done violated anyone's privacy. And the point was just to let people (some of them care) that through this tragedy, others lived. That was the point.

"Through this tragedy, others lived"? What does that mean? You are really reaching now.

The information of the child's death has now been made public, you felt the need to be the first to post it here prior to the family releasing the information to the media. The information about the organ donation was not released, you felt the need to share that confidential information.

Leave this family alone and let them grieve. Nothing is to be gained by you sharing information from your law enforcement source who didn't have the common sense to keep their mouth shut.

Now, there will be those who know nothing about HIPAA rights (but they act like they do) will try to slam you for bringing this up. IMO, interesting enough, and good catch on your part. I totally agree. Law enforcement, hospitals, whatever the "job" is, "sources" cannot reveal anything such as "revealed to me by my job" and this forum certainly isn't a place for revealing ANY information, because that IS a HIPAA violation. But, good luck in finding the identity of the poster in here.

My heart goes out to the family involved with this horrific experience.

Dear Judge, Jury and Executioners: It was one with GOOD intentions as some good came out of this miserable incident. I think you all need a cruise to relax.

Thanks for the info you posted, it was accepted in good faith as you intended. You are not required to give links or anything else. If some don't like the info then that's their problem and not worth a response.

Thanks for the info you posted, it was accepted in good faith as you intended. You are not required to give links or anything else. If some don't like the info then that's their problem and not worth a response.

Thank you for the kind post. Its really brutal here

Indeed. Law Enforcement DO abide by HIPAA as well as hospitals. You can clearly see that your "critics" of what you realized regarding HIPAA know NOTHING about it. Case closed.

Oh please. Who are the critics? The op of the information? Me for saying most of the info was already public record?

Just because someone has a different take on something doesn't mean they don't understand. But I get that you want to be right by implying others know nothing. It's fine you can be right.

Family's involved in organ donation do so knowing that the identity of their loved one will not be revealed, unless they choose to have that information released. Organ donation is a very difficult decision with families. If this family had decided that they did not want any information released and one of the recipients later tries to find out who the donor is, this information has now been made public in this forum.

marbat105, I also recognize that your intentions were good. I simply asked you, politely I might add - I do not feel I was ever cruel or nasty - to provide a link to your source as last night when you posted this info, it was nowhere to be found online. It is not out of line for someone to ask for a link to a source because we all know how many rumors circulate on this board. I feel you've taken it personally when it wasn't meant that way. I simply asked for proof because you (initially) didn't quote a source. I'm sorry that you can't see that....

Family's involved in organ donation do so knowing that the identity of their loved one will not be revealed, unless they choose to have that information released. Organ donation is a very difficult decision with families. If this family had decided that they did not want any information released and one of the recipients later tries to find out who the donor is, this information has now been made public in this forum.

Give it a rest.