Question Regarding Oosterdam Drydock Improvements

innlady1

Can anyone who has been on the Oosterdam since its' most recent Drydock please shed some light on updated staterooms? I know the suites received upgrades but what about the Verandah and Outsides, and Insides? We will most likely book a Verandah for February.

Would rather do the Eurodam or NA, but the 14 day itinerary on the Odam is most appealing.

TIA!

:(

Neptunes and Signature suites got upgrades, but verandahs did not so I assume also outsides and insides didn't either.

We were on her in May/June and other than the "lesser" cabins found her to be in very good shape. New Lido layout, furniture and flooring were rather attractive - glasses and silverware on table in Lido with waiters offering drinks, not just bar drinks.

We also found the crew to be very good. It seemed to us to be one of those "happy" ships, but then we did know some of the crew from previous cruises.

That the verandahs DID get the new big interactive TV's, but furniture and carpet still appeared tired and worn. I guess all all the cabins got the new TVs, but that's as far as the upgrades went on those.

Our VC cabin had new(ish) carpet and sofa upholstery and was in fine shape.

Nearly the whole ship got a refurb/refresh and she looks a lot more modern up-to-date now. You will enjoy Oosterdam!

One group of our family group cabins was in VB 10009 brand new veranda and used as a quad. Tiny outside deck but great location unless you get seasick and have rough seas. They were told they were the second group to stay in their cabin. Our vista suite also looked like brand new furnishings. I understand that in the rest of the cabins not much work was done. We had a great western med cruise May-Jun 2016.

sightcrr.

Our VC cabin had new(ish) carpet and sofa upholstery and was in fine shape.

Nearly the whole ship got a refurb/refresh and she looks a lot more modern up-to-date now. You will enjoy Oosterdam!

The one we were in had a sofa that was so worn, torn and dirty that the steward covered it with a sheet for us!!!!! It was also a VC........May 23 - June 17. Perhaps it's one of those things that will be an ongoing upgrade situation. There was still carpet being replaced in public areas and the Retreat area was completed while we were onboard and this was several weeks after the drydock.

We had the opportunity at the turnaround day to change cabins, so we jumped an the chance!!

The one we were in had a sofa that was so worn, torn and dirty that the steward covered it with a sheet for us!!!!! It was also a VC........May 23 - June 17. Perhaps it's one of those things that will be an ongoing upgrade situation. There was still carpet being replaced in public areas and the Retreat area was completed while we were onboard and this was several weeks after the drydock.

We had the opportunity at the turnaround day to change cabins, so we jumped an the chance!!

That's what I don't want to be stuck with! Sorry that you were...not right IMO.

That the verandahs DID get the new big interactive TV's, but furniture and carpet still appeared tired and worn. I guess all all the cabins got the new TVs, but that's as far as the upgrades went on those.

Interactive TVs, or the capability to access an intranet page from your phone or laptop? Edited by catl331

Another question re Oosterdams refit. (Sorry to intrude, Sheila :cool: )

Now that Northern Lights was done away with, where is the nightclub currently located?

No problem, Vic. The more the merrier! :D

I'm interested in "anything Oosterdam" since we've never been on her. We were going to do this itinerary again in '15 on the Veendam (we'd done it on the Ryndam in 02/13) but closed on our new home in January so just did a quick 7 day on NA.

Edited by innlady1

Linda...I am going to book. Itinerary and length of cruise are perfect...so I'm willing to take a chance on the ship! Look forward to meeting you. Where'd you find parking?

I am going to wait until our 10/23 cruise and book onboard, hope to get a SS, working toward 4 stars. If that does not work we will do a veranda.

Now I can't find the link, I checked Tampa site on CC and it was doctor's something, anyway the link is there. Don't know prices but everyone says a lot less than port garage. It is right at the pier.

I'll be asking for screen shots for the Oct. cruise, our group (24 folks) have 9 cabins, 8078 thru 8094 and will be waving for the cameras. Linda

We were just on Oosterdam in Feb and yes our VA cabin sofa was worn but clean, carpet was fine and did not see too much that was needed. Her staff was wonderful but we have never had any problems with any HAL staff. I like the Tampa port and glad to see one of the dark hull beauties sailing out of there, hope HAL keeps it up. Linda

We were just on Oosterdam in Feb and yes our VA cabin sofa was worn but clean, carpet was fine and did not see too much that was needed. Her staff was wonderful but we have never had any problems with any HAL staff. I like the Tampa port and glad to see one of the dark hull beauties sailing out of there, hope HAL keeps it up. Linda

We'll be on Oosterdam for 12 nights in May and I'm relieved that your cabin was acceptable. HAL staff is most always accommodating and professional. Hopefully, our cabin will not disappoint us.

So? What exactly is the problem, except the typical shoddy workmanship of Fincantieri? I see badly installed equipment in over half of the hotel rooms I am staying...sometimes so ridiculously bad, it becomes funny😉

we finished a cruise on the oosterdam recently,

this was our closet when door closed on our veranda stateroom.

IMG_3535_zpszpkfrwbg.jpgIMG_3536_zpssax7g3ge.jpg

The hinges looks like thisIMG_3537_zpsta7ezgsg.jpg

This would only bother me if I were buying the doors. Certainly a crappy installation, but this would not even be an annoyance for me. I'm more concerned that our cabin is clean and the bathroom is in good order.