Just found out that there will be 2 cruise ships docked at Mahogany Bay when we go

Carleeb12

I believe when we were there, there was originally supposed to be several ships, although they switched our itinerary around. We still had a couple of ships in port that day, including one of the malls of the seas (Oasis or Allure), but it was not too bad as far as in the port area feeling congested. We did not do the beach though, private tour with Victor Bodden. I have ported in Cozumel before with 5 or 6 ships. That was not fun because they switched us to a pier which was less used and it was hard having a taxi driver understand that no, we did not want to go to the ship that was close, we wanted to go to the other one, because you know that was our ship and all.

Anyway, have fun.

we had two ships docked as well. we didnt have any probems finding a good, shaded spot near a prime section of the beach.

Our ship was first in but I never found it overly crowded. We had an early start and reserved our chairs through Carnivals Beach and Kayak package. The kayaking was great! We paddled down the lagoon to an other beach where there was a turtle sanctuary. It was really cool! We were able to hangout with 7 beautiful sea turtles. Definitely a highlight not to be missed! Oh and it was free!!!

I believe when we were there, there was originally supposed to be several ships, although they switched our itinerary around. We still had a couple of ships in port that day, including one of the malls of the seas (Oasis or Allure), but it was not too bad as far as in the port area feeling congested. We did not do the beach though, private tour with Victor Bodden. I have ported in Cozumel before with 5 or 6 ships. That was not fun because they switched us to a pier which was less used and it was hard having a taxi driver understand that no, we did not want to go to the ship that was close, we wanted to go to the other one, because you know that was our ship and all.

Anyway, have fun.

The place that Carnival has used for past few years is a private one and is only for Carnival Corp so there would be no super sized cruise ship there.

Wonder if Vista will fit?

Anyway, have fun.

That was Coxen Hole. RCL ships don't go to Mahogany Bay.

Been there with 2 ships and it's not bad at all.

This was the port where we were just planning to go to the beach by the cruise ship...but now I think it will be way too crowded. Most days only have one ship docked there. So what would you suggest instead?

We were there on the Dream, after the splendor was there for over an hour. No real problem with an over crowded beach. Found five loungers to hog for the two of us.

Our ship was first in but I never found it overly crowded. We had an early start and reserved our chairs through Carnivals Beach and Kayak package. The kayaking was great! We paddled down the lagoon to an other beach where there was a turtle sanctuary. It was really cool! We were able to hangout with 7 beautiful sea turtles. Definitely a highlight not to be missed! Oh and it was free!!!

That sounds like fun, but I didn't see any excursion with kayaking. Do you know if that was the name of the excursion?