Sunshine Serenity Area

twinsmoten

I'll be going on the Sunshine in April 2017 and wondered how early do I need to wake up to get a spot in the Serenity area? I've been looking at pictures online and love the little cabana/clam looking lounge chairs :-) I'm guessing that I'd need to be up at the crack of dawn to get one though. Sigh...

I was on the Sunshine in April and the only time we got a lounger in Serenity was when we had to stop in Nassau for a medical emergency.

People slept in the clamshells overnight to reserve them. No joke. Others talked about getting there at 4 am. Good luck! It's a gorgeous area.

Its going to vary sailing to sailing. We were on the Sunshine's 10 night Journeys cruise last month and could always find something available in Serenity. Maybe not the ideal spot in the exact location we would want, but always found a place to sit. And believe me, I was not up there at the crack of dawn!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife usually gets to the deck by 6:30 or so to claim a spot by the Serenity pool .

We been lucky I guess....some cruises vary from time to time.

Your first day at sea kind of sets the motion.

It seems that the last day everyone battling to get a lounger on the Serenity deck near the pool.

It is definitely worth making the attempt nice and early.

We were on April of 2016 for Spring Break. We were lucky only one day to get clam chairs. Fortunately their were 6 of us so we just kept switching off! One lady came up to us, showed us where she was sitting and asked if we could come get her when we were ready to leave!

I was on the Sunshine in April and the only time we got a lounger in Serenity was when we had to stop in Nassau for a medical emergency.

People slept in the clamshells overnight to reserve them. No joke. Others talked about getting there at 4 am. Good luck! It's a gorgeous area.

I was on that cruise. I got sick on the 7th day with no appetite. Came home and had no energy at all and no appetite for 3 weeks. Lost 15 lbs. A lot of folks from the fb page were in the hospital with flu or pneumonia. Did you get sick?

Edited by crusinpsychRN

We were on the Sunshine last August and had no trouble finding a seat on the second or third level of Serenity well into the day. We never got up there before noon. If you want a prime seat in the morning on the first level, or a hammock or clamshell, well good luck with that. Unless you have a spa cabin, you might as well sleep out there.

I was on that cruise. I got sick on the 7th day with no appetite. Came home and had no energy at all and no appetite for 3 weeks. Lost 15 lbs. A lot of folks from the fb page were in the hospital with flu or pneumonia. Did you get sick?

We did not. I know lots of people from the FB group did.

I'll be going on the Sunshine in April 2017 and wondered how early do I need to wake up to get a spot in the Serenity area? I've been looking at pictures online and love the little cabana/clam looking lounge chairs :-) I'm guessing that I'd need to be up at the crack of dawn to get one though. Sigh...

If you are going in April I would say...March. You should be up there in March. I was up there before breakfast every day and I never had a spot.

Often wondered why cruise line never floated idea of reserving lounge chairs....probably could turn a nice profit and satisfy a lot of cruisers

I think this a great idea! I thought the same thing. First Diamond and Platinum get the first choice. Of course free to them. Then charge $5 to $10 per lounger

Based on being Gold, Blue or Red.

Often wondered why cruise line never floated idea of reserving lounge chairs....probably could turn a nice profit and satisfy a lot of cruisers

I think this a great idea! I thought the same thing. First Diamond and Platinum get the first choice. Of course free to them. Then charge $5 to $10 per lounger

Based on being Gold, Blue or Red.

Right. So how much space would be left for blues or reds? Or even golds for that matter once platinum and diamonds get their free spots?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't agree with the Diamond and Platinums getting first choice and free. They get enough perks. I think it has to be more than $5 or $10. For that price you would have people reserving and may not use....$25 per day per chair....just an idea

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

:confused::confused::confused::confused: for a lounge chair? the scary part of this is some of these people reproduce....going to an extreme for a lounge chair....unbelievable :eek:

Edited by First and Ten

:confused::confused::confused::confused: for a lounge chair? the scary part of this is some of these people reproduce....going to an extreme for a lounge chair....unbelievable :eek:

Yup. For any chair in Serenity. It was disappointing. That ship was so crowded.

We have been on the Sunshine twice, and 33 cruises on Carnival ships and never saw anyone sleeping in chairs to save them, think I will hit the BS button on this one.

We have been on the Sunshine twice, and 33 cruises on Carnival ships and never saw anyone sleeping in chairs to save them, think I will hit the BS button on this one.

We've sailed the Sunshine 6 times (3 B2Bs) and I get up early - 6/6:30 - to walk and get sunrise photos. I have seen people all covered up and sound asleep in the clam shells on Serenity, also on the sofa area behind the water fall.

You can hit any button you like. I was there, you weren't. Just because you didn't experience something happening in 33 cruises doesn't make it BS.

We've sailed the Sunshine 6 times (3 B2Bs) and I get up early - 6/6:30 - to walk and get sunrise photos. I have seen people all covered up and sound asleep in the clam shells on Serenity, also on the sofa area behind the water fall.

I believe you and the other poster who saw this....I am just amazed that someone would do this for....wait for it....a lounge chair!!!! Cruise lines are going to have to implement stupid rules to deal with chuckleheads :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

I never saw anyone sleeping on the Sunshine's serenity deck but I only sailed her once and actually wouldn't be surprised. The clamshells and every prime seat on the first and second deck stayed occupied all day during our cruise. My husband almost always gets up early to try and catch the sunrise or take a walk, and he commented jokingly that the area was "reserved" with personal items very early.

That's not to say it's impossible to enjoy the area. Put it in perspective. My sister and I would go late morning and never had a problem finding a seat up higher. Never not once in 8 days. You can also enjoy it later in the day or in the evenings. Not nearly as crowded.

If you insist on sunbathing there early in the morning/day, then you will have to be strategic in getting a spot. Especially if you're not in one of the spa cabins which are only steps away from Serenity.

We loved the Sunshine and I think the best way to enjoy the ship overall is to not flock the popular areas at peak times. It's not something to stress over.

I never saw anyone sleeping on the Sunshine's serenity deck but I only sailed her once and actually wouldn't be surprised. The clamshells and every prime seat on the first and second deck stayed occupied all day during our cruise. My husband almost always gets up early to try and catch the sunrise or take a walk, and he commented jokingly that the area was "reserved" with personal items very early.

That is one of my pet peeves....this unwritten rule of "as long as my stuff is down, this is my spot". I have to say, on more than one occasion, I have been out on a Serenity deck and saw towels and/or a book down. Come back an hour later, same towel and book are in exact same spot. I will go over, gently collect their stuff and take it to towel attendant asking if they could place these items in lost and found. The owners must have forgotten them. It never ceases to amaze me how people can be that selfish and self centered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten