Cruise with 300 Pinnacle

Just wondering is it common to have a lot of pinnacle guests on board transatlantics. We are doing one on Indy next April and booked into a suite. Is it normal for the concierge lounge to be heaving on transatlantics?? (BTW I really don't care about anyone's status. Just wondering about the ability to get a seat in CL as never done a transatlantic before). Thanks.

As a suite guest on a recent Mediterranean Cruise on Indy it was definately difficult getting a seat in the CL because of the high number of non suite guests 'camping out' at cocktail time. I didn't bother trying again.

I have to add my 2 cents worth as well. I sailed out of Galveston twice, once on NAV and Once on LIB. we sail in GS each time. on NAV the Snobby ness of the D+ in the CL was so very off putting that we seriously considered NOT booking on LIB knowing that the port makes it a popular option for higher tier cruisers more so than the actual ship. and indeed the demographics on both were very similar.

but we said eff it and booked anyway.

on NAV, the first thing they did was ask you your status and tuned their noses up if you replied anything less than D+( we are Emerald) the little C&A pins were worn EVERYWHERE.. Yes I even saw it on someone's bathing suit in the hot tub for crying' out loud.

On LIB, they only came out at dinner, and even then most only wore them formal nights and all anybody ever asked us was where we were from and what other Royal or Celebrity cruises we had taken. I would far rather hang out with the Pinnacles I have met than most D+ I have met.

Don't forget those D+ will become Pinnacles soon.:D

I'm on the harmony TA which apparently has a couple of hundred pinnacles on it.

and, quite frankly, it *does* concern me because i'm in a suite and had planned to dine at coastal kitchen every night, but it's showing up in the cruise planner as booked solid. i am hoping they are just reserving room for walk-ins or people to book onboard. i will not be a happy camper if i can't get into CK.

that said, snobs will be snobs (and nice folks will be nice folks) no matter their C&A level. so i'm not concerned about so many pinnacles affecting the mood onboard, or even the mood in the SL. whenever we've booked suites we've met very nice people in the SL. i just want my CK dinners! :)

and, quite frankly, it *does* concern me because i'm in a suite and had planned to dine at coastal kitchen every night, but it's showing up in the cruise planner as booked solid. i am hoping they are just reserving room for walk-ins or people to book onboard. i will not be a happy camper if i can't get into CK.

I will also on this TA,will be my 3rd on Royal. Didn't know need to make reservation on CK.May be we can share a table if is 90% booked.:confused:

I am also in GS.

Edited by iSailor

I will also on this TA,will be my 3rd on Royal. Didn't know need to make reservation on CK.May be we can share a table if is 90% booked.:confused:

I am also in GS.

we've never had to make reservations before (on quantum, anthem, or allure), but as noted, we've never been on a cruise with this many pinnacle before. :) and only our allure cruise was after they started allowing JS in for dinner, but even then, CK was never full.

we booked the 5-night specialty package for the TA, but still hoping to get CK reservations for the other nights. would be happy to share a table. it's actually the one thing i miss when doing CK - i like meeting new people in the MDR.

i'm going to check again after final payment (and keep checking), and worse case i will email the concierge a week or so before and see what they can do. i figure we're only a party of 2, we will sit with other people, and we like to eat late (usually between 8 and 9) but really are flexible on time, so hopefully they can squeeze us in somewhere. heck, i'd eat sitting at the bar in the suite lounge/CK if they'd allow it.

and, quite frankly, it *does* concern me because i'm in a suite and had planned to dine at coastal kitchen every night,.........

Looks like you are a (dining) chair hogger. I guess your flexibility will be seriously tested to visit other great elegant onboard restaurants. I admit though-you need to step out into the real world and mingle with the ordinary people....

I have to admit that I do come across the occasional C&A level "elitist", and while I'm just a lowly platinum, and frankly, don't really care about such things, I do find it a bit of a conversation ender when that's all someone wants to talk about. So I just either nod and say nothing until they get the hint, or I leave. But I don't see any need to start an entire thread to shame someone for their love of cruising and all things cruising. To each their own. If everyone shared the exact same interests, this world would be a mighty boring place. I love to paint, and talk about art, but I don't expect everyone I meet to share my passion. Lighten up a little, you'll be happier with life in the long run. :)

What would I do....Well I would look forward to enjoying my cruise, in exactly the same way I have enjoyed since the very first one taken. I would hope to meet some new friends, some of which might be on their first cruise along with others that might have cruised alot.

I would also look forward to cruising with people that we might have cruised with before, some of which might be Gold Members whilst others could be newly Diamond or D+. Along with the chance of meeting fellow Pineapple members that I have cruised with before ( Some of which are awesome people, and others less so ) as well as meeting other Pins that we have never met.

I will decide who I spend time with, and who to avoid depending on their welcoming smile ( or snear ) as I enter the room, be that the CL or any other lounge area.

I will be approachable to those that are positive, and wary of those that are stand offish, no matter what their Colour, Nationality or Sexual preference.

I cruise for myself and my wife, simply to have a good time because life is too short. We would never allow anybody else to change that, as I understand that my Pound, Euro or Dollar has exactly the same value as anyone else's be they Young or Old, I would hope that my cruise experience might help a First Time Cruiser get the most out of their experience, in the same way others did when I first started all those years ago.

I am proud to be a Pinnacle member because this only means we have enjoyed many cruises over a long time, this is a reflection of the years and years of hard work I have put into our lives. How lucky are we that our health has enabled us to do that.

People do not change when they become Pinnacle members, if they are arrogant or rude then they probably always were. Most of us know that the P Club name tag is resented by some and as such we become a target for remarks from people that have never taken the time to say hello. That is why we chose not to wear ours.

Being a P is only a status in a Loyalty Scheme, not a status in life, it does not give me access upstairs after I take my last breath, hopefully being respectful to others might do that.

And yes I will be on The Harmony TA, so if you are please say Hello.

What would I do....Well I would look forward to enjoying my cruise, in exactly the same way I have enjoyed since the very first one taken. I would hope to meet some new friends, some of which might be on their first cruise along with others that might have cruised alot.

I would also look forward to cruising with people that we might have cruised with before, some of which might be Gold Members whilst others could be newly Diamond or D+. Along with the chance of meeting fellow Pineapple members that I have cruised with before ( Some of which are awesome people, and others less so ) as well as meeting other Pins that we have never met.

I will decide who I spend time with, and who to avoid depending on their welcoming smile ( or snear ) as I enter the room, be that the CL or any other lounge area.

I will be approachable to those that are positive, and wary of those that are stand offish, no matter what their Colour, Nationality or Sexual preference.

I cruise for myself and my wife, simply to have a good time because life is too short. We would never allow anybody else to change that, as I understand that my Pound, Euro or Dollar has exactly the same value as anyone else's be they Young or Old, I would hope that my cruise experience might help a First Time Cruiser get the most out of their experience, in the same way others did when I first started all those years ago.

I am proud to be a Pinnacle member because this only means we have enjoyed many cruises over a long time, this is a reflection of the years and years of hard work I have put into our lives. How lucky are we that our health has enabled us to do that.

People do not change when they become Pinnacle members, if they are arrogant or rude then they probably always were. Most of us know that the P Club name tag is resented by some and as such we become a target for remarks from people that have never taken the time to say hello. That is why we chose not to wear ours.

Being a P is only a status in a Loyalty Scheme, not a status in life, it does not give me access upstairs after I take my last breath, hopefully being respectful to others might do that.

Well Said Pinnacle is only a status of Loyalty Programs.;)

Will see I continue to cruise with Royal after this cruise.

Hopefully is a good come back after so many years not with Royal.

Edited by iSailor

Nice words.

Looks like you are a (dining) chair hogger. I guess your flexibility will be seriously tested to visit other great elegant onboard restaurants. I admit though-you need to step out into the real world and mingle with the ordinary people....

Honestly, this is a stupid response.

A suite guest paid for that seat that you are saying they are "hogging". They paid significantly more than I ever could or would for it. Just consider it their table in the MDR - same thing to me.

Personally, if I paid for it, I better get it. At the least, Royal should hold back tables for the suites and release them only after they determine they will not be used by them.

Well said, Chip.

(My daughter and I were part of a Chef's Table on Brilliance in early 2015 with you and your wife. I'll be on the crossing with my husband and will be sure to say hello if we see you.)

A suite guest paid for that seat that you are saying they are "hogging". They paid significantly more than I ever could or would for it. Just consider it their table in the MDR - same thing to me.

Personally, if I paid for it, I better get it. At the least, Royal should hold back tables for the suites and release them only after they determine they will not be used by them.

Actually it's not. Are you aware that on Oasis there are 165 suites that have access to CK for dinner? 11 Star, 74 Sky and 86 Sea Class. I figure that equates to approximately 388 potential diners every night. That doesn't count PC members that also have access. I believe the venue barely holds 100 passengers. That's a lot of turnover. Oh, and don't forget guests. ;)

Granted, not everyone eats there every night. However, I have noticed a lot of folks saying they take most of their meals there. We intend to next year. ;)

Now I think Harmony has a bigger venue, does anyone have any idea what the capacity of CK on her is?

Edited by John&LaLa

Nice screenname- you seem to live up to the true definition of alter ego. Besides that- Royal treats suite guests and pins equally because both are vital parts of their business strategy. Suite guests pay like 10000$/suite and may show up a couple of times over their cruise lives. Pins probably have paid a solid six digit $-number to reach the status.

Thats why RCCL serves both groups equally.

If you do not like it- take a break or do some land based vacation until you are sure a cruise has less than 300 or so pins onboard...

I am also on the TA. This morning I just booked Coastal Kitchen for night 8.

With you on the Harmony TA - in a suite - and have not been able to book the CK

I shared your concern about it being over booked with pinnacles !