Cruise with 300 Pinnacle

My husband and I started sailing in suites a few years ago. Now that our nest is empty, and we can cruise any time of the year, we prefer sailing in the Fall, which is also a peak time for Pinnacles. We have encountered crowded lounges during cocktail hour, but we move on and get a drink somewhere else. We've never had a problem getting a table for breakfast at Chops. And the people we've met in the lounges and at breakfast, have always been warm and welcoming. In fact, they've gone out of their way to be helpful. We had a few issues with our OS last year on FOS, and they were instrumental in connecting us with the right officers to speak with, and also helped us with what they thought would be the right compensation. We're doing the Harmony TA because our Pinnacle friends told us how much they thought we'd like it.

That said, if I couldn't get into CK at all on the transatlantic, with it being one of their new Royal Suite Class perks, I'd probably be a little upset too. I hope the poster who is having trouble is able to get that resolved. Suites for this cruise were pricey, and they should at least be able to enjoy this perk.

Enough about pinnacles, lets talk about you. I am curious what your perception is of this group of people and why you would be concerned if the group is beyond a certain size. Other then venue capacity which can also be filled to capacity by people who are not pinnacle.

I find it interesting. Is it a stereotype? Class envy? Bullying? Segregation? Privilege? A new form of racism? Why should I not like pinnacles? I like to learn. Educate me.

Someday I will become pinnacle. Can I then use either restroom?

I think I would realize I wasn't going to win the "Most Nights at Sea" contest and try to enjoy myself anyway. I may never have enough nights to make the cut for the CL. From what everyone says, the CL must be close to heaven on earth. Becoming a D sometime soon, I think.

You're not going to, anyway.

Super Mario is on the Harmony TA. ;)

I have met some very friendly and nice Pinnacle members. My only bad experience was on Navigator trying to have breakfast in Chops. The staff bent over backwards to help them and chat with them. Our food came out cold (cold eggs are gross) and no coffee refills. It wasn't the Pinnacle's fault, it was staff. This and lack of room in Coastal Kitchen would make me rethink my plans. I don't think it happens often, but it did impact where we ate.

We had a pinnacle on last cruise that when entering suite lounge he got on the phone and told concierge that he was in the suite lounge , in a very large voice , so everyone in the lounge knew is name, We tried unsuccessfully to avoid him for the rest of the cruise.

But on the other hand ( while still a couple of cruises away from diamond plus,) I love taking with fellow cruisers like us that have been on dozens and dozens of cruises, remember on our 1st diamond cruise several years ago, talking to a very nice older couple that explained all the perks. Looking forward to my 60th cruise in September and seeing who we meet in the concierge lounge and the other bars

Another poster mentioned worrying about nightly reservations in CK - As far as getting into CK when you are in a suite, you have a concierge to help you navigate getting that done if you have a problem booking reservations beforehand.

The concierge will also be helping the 179+ PC members as well. ;)

We're doing the Harmony TA because our Pinnacle friends told us how much they thought we'd like it.

That said, if I couldn't get into CK at all on the transatlantic, with it being one of their new Royal Suite Class perks, I'd probably be a little upset too. I hope the poster who is having trouble is able to get that resolved. Suites for this cruise were pricey, and they should at least be able to enjoy this perk.

Royal Suite Class perk of CK also applies to JS passengers as well. On a regular sailing I doubt you'd find more than 30 PC's aboard. I'm pretty sure the additional PC's choosing this sailing is going to have an impact on securing reservations. It's easy to add an overflow lounge for Happy Hour on these voyages, but CK has a fixed capacity.

On top of that, I'm seeing more and more folks both Suite pax and PC's state they are taking all their meals in CK now. Someone is going to draw the short stick. I'm not even sure the genies are going to be able to help some of their passengers on this trip. This could easily turn into a WCCF. :eek:

Safe Travels

The concierge will also be helping the 179+ PC members as well. ;)

Royal Suite Class perk of CK also applies to JS passengers as well. On a regular sailing I doubt you'd find more than 30 PC's aboard. I'm pretty sure the additional PC's choosing this sailing is going to have an impact on securing reservations. It's easy to add an overflow lounge for Happy Hour on these voyages, but CK has a fixed capacity.

On top of that, I'm seeing more and more folks both Suite pax and PC's state they are taking all their meals in CK now. Someone is going to draw the short stick. I'm not even sure the genies are going to be able to help some of their passengers on this trip. This could easily turn into a WCCF. :eek:

Safe Travels

I made our reservations months ago, along with MTD. Haven't made any specialty reservations yet, other than what we have for CK. I'm sure the concierge on the TA will be very busy.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You're not going to, anyway.

Super Mario is on the Harmony TA. ;)

Oh that's right. Completely forgot about that. Isn't he changing ships once we get to FL? And by changing ships, I mean moving house for a while. [emoji1]

Oh that's right. Completely forgot about that. Isn't he changing ships once we get to FL? And by changing ships, I mean moving house for a while. [emoji1]

He'll be spending a year on the Freedom.

On the Allure, the C&A Upper Tier gathering was scheduled on the first sea day in the Aqua Theater at 10:30 a.m. It rained that morning, so they rescheduled it during early dining two day later. We thought it would be over, but went anyway after dinner. The officers were still lined up, but nobody was entering except us at that time.

It was underway with not many people there, due to the time. They announced how many of each C&A level were on board. I don't have exact numbers, but these are close estimates, I hope. There were 300 or so Gold members, 250 Platinum members, 300 Diamond members, 225 Diamond Plus members and 12 Pinnacle members. This was on a ship with 6000 passengers on board. With only 12 Pinnacle members out of the 6000 passengers on the Allure who came to the event, anyway, I think it would be hard to have 300 Pinnacle members on board.

The 12 Pinnacle members were seated in the first row. They were all introduced and recognized in some way. The lady with the most nights at seas had 1250. The second place person was over 1100. They all received a gift from the cruise line.

Even if I am off 200 or so people, this would still mean there were over 4500 people on board who are not yet C&A members, or they are not to the Gold level. This surprised me.

Edited by KansasK

I'd be more concerned with the high number of D+ members, they are usually the big troublemakers.;)

Haha, this post is funny. Yes, us D+ are so close to the golden ring - pinnacle, we can taste it! But the ring is so far away!

For for shucks, I like to equate C&A status levels to military officer rank equivalents (USN / USA-USMC-USAF) as follows:

Gold (1st Cruise) = Ensign / Second Lieutenant

Gold = Lieutenant Junior Grade / First Lieutenant

Platinum = Lieutenant / Captain

Emerald = Lt. Commander / Major

Diamond = Commander / Lt. Colonel

Diamond Plus = Captain / Colonel

Pinnacle = Rear Admiral (Lower Half) / Brigadier General

Hypothetical question

You booked a cruise and prior to final payment date discover that there are 300 Pinnacle members booked on the cruise, what would you do?.

Above all, remain calm. Move away slowly. Don't make eye contact. No matter what do not get between the Pinnacle and their children.

And try not to leave food about.

[emoji39]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by traveler279

Above all, remain calm. Move away slowly. Don't make eye contact. No matter what do not get between the Pinnacle and their children.

[emoji39]

Seriously, how many Pinnacles have children, young children.

Is this a physical age question or a mental age question?

Also, define "young".

Minor, I would think older ones could fend for themselves.

I think the original post would have been funnier if the OP used cocktail, app station, lounge chair, etc...

Hypothetical question

You booked a cruise and prior to final payment date discover that there are 300 Pinnacle members booked on the cruise, what would you do?

I have meet some Pinnacle members who are very nice but I think I would be looking for a way out with that many on-broad.

Dictionary definition of pinnacle ...

pin·na·cle.

[ˈpinək(ə)l]

NOUN

1.a high, pointed piece of rock.

Based on this I would assume that Royal Caribbean is going to be making some changes to its rock climbing wall and would pack my rock climbing shoes, harness and helmet.

Edited by Cuizer2

Dictionary definition of pinnacle ...

pin·na·cle.

[ˈpinək(ə)l]

NOUN

1.a high, pointed piece of rock.

Based on this I would assume that Royal Caribbean is going to be making some changes to its rock climbing wall and would pack my rock climbing shoes, harness and helmet.

Slow night?

Slow night?

Needed a quick diversion and didn't want to say anything that might indicate that I had an opinion one way or another about how many pinnacles, D+, diamond, emerald, platinum, gold, or other is on the ship. I've never known in the past and I have no intention of doing the necessary research to find out in the future.

Needed a quick diversion and didn't want to say anything that might indicate that I had an opinion one way or another about how many pinnacles, D+, diamond, emerald, platinum, gold, or other is on the ship. I've never known in the past and I have no intention of doing the necessary research to find out in the future.

Just kidding. I kind of have an opinion. I don't think the ship nor the staff can adequately handle that many at one time. But I do wish them luck.

[emoji39]

Okay. That attempt at humour failed. In my part of the country the above instructions are given as advice in the event one encounters a bear or other dangerous large animal. Not intended as a comment about Pinnacles. More a poke at someone who might feel the need for advice when confronted with a heard of Pinnacles.

Why do people worry about how many pinnacle people are on board ? There are a few ass clowns pinnical members. But most don't care about how many cruises you been on. Just talk to them they will talk to you. It's about meeting new people.