Oasis of the Seas - Tips | Tricks | Secrets

Don't forget to pre-book all of your shows and be on time. Once there is 30 minutes left before the show, they let people in who have not pre-booked.

Also, you can shower in the spa if you feel your shower is too small. Here's the shower we had on the Oasis:

OurShower2.jpg

Once that door is closed, I got claustrophobic!:eek:

Don't forget to pre-book all of your shows and be on time. Once there is 30 minutes left before the show, they let people in who have not pre-booked.

Also, you can shower in the spa if you feel your shower is too small. Here's the shower we had on the Oasis:

OurShower2.jpg

Once that door is closed, I got claustrophobic!:eek:

It was 10 - 15 minutes prior to the show they let people in. Definitely wasn't 30. This could have changed from when you sailed? We got there about 20 minutes to show time and always had excellent seats with the reservations.

It was 10 - 15 minutes prior to the show they let people in. Definitely wasn't 30. This could have changed from when you sailed? We got there about 20 minutes to show time and always had excellent seats with the reservations.

You are absolutely correct...I came back on to correct my post to 10 minutes...typo! Thank you.

When going aft to stern or vise versa cross through Central Park or the Promanade. Even if you are going to other decks. You can then take stairs or elevators there to get to desired deck. Much more pleasant to cross the those areas rather than walking through the halls of cabins. We will take our 4th Oasis class cruise this Dec. and can't wait!

This is so great!!

We leave on Saturday on our first cruise and I was wondering if there are "theme" nights that I need to bring clothes/ accessories for? You mentioned prohibition night and 70's night, do you dress up for that? Thanks!!

There is usually a 70's disco thing but people don't usually dress up for it.

Regarding the Prohibition party, I haven't been to one......because I had never heard of it until preparing for my upcoming Oasis cruise in September, even though we've been on a bunch of RCI cruises!! Who knew?

My understanding of it is, not everyone, but a majority of the people that go to it do dress in roaring 20's attire. It is listed on the entertainment/activities section on the website that can be booked in advance, but I swear I've never seen it listed in the cruise compass. It's kind of a "secret" speakeasy-type event and you have to sign up for it and will be given a password to gain entry into the party.

We've booked it and are planning to dress up on our upcoming cruise, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When going aft to stern or vise versa cross through Central Park or the Promanade. Even if you are going to other decks. You can then take stairs or elevators there to get to desired deck. Much more pleasant to cross the those areas rather than walking through the halls of cabins. We will take our 4th Oasis class cruise this Dec. and can't wait!

"Aft" and "Stern" are both the rear of the ship, basically. I think you're looking for port (left) and starboard (right).:)

Also, you can shower in the spa if you feel your shower is too small.

Shhhhh!! Don't give my secret away! I like using the spa showers not just for the extra room, but also because I like to get up early, while my DW sleeps late. That way I can shower without disturbing her. I'm such a thoughtful hubby. :D

Edited by ramja96

We did Prohibition Party and had a blast. We did dress up and there was nothing in the Compass about it. I signed us up on line, paid the fee of course and the information for the party was in our cabin. We received the invitation, it told us where to meet and what the password was.

The band was great, lots of crew present and dressed in the 20's style. there is dancing, drinks ( limited, what they have prepared) ours were served in cups since after all this is prohibition! Small snacks to munch on....I think all had a fun time. worth the money!

enjoy

Just saw this in another thread about Oasis and I totally forgot. With the elevators, when it's super busy and especially if you are low floor - 6 or below... just hop on an elevator going down and ride it back up... it's faster. Sometimes there is such a massive group waiting for elevators that it's a nightmare, so we did exactly that, WAY faster.

Do you remember what night it was on? I would hate it to be at the same time as another show I booked.

If you are talking about the Prohibition party, on our 9/10/16 sailing, it is on day 4, the 13th at 10:30pm.

If you are talking about the Prohibition party, on our 9/10/16 sailing, it is on day 4, the 13th at 10:30pm.

How do I find this information? I'm on the 9/17 sailing.

Thanks everyone for the tips.

NEVERMIND

Of course as soon as I posted this I found it LOL! Thanks for the info

Edited by acbat1

If you are looking for somewhere that is shaded and is quiet and a great spot to sit and relax? Also great for sail away!

Head to deck 5 and go all the way to the aft of the ship. You will find chairs that have a great view of the ocean and are usually not crowded.

If you are looking for somewhere that is shaded and is quiet and a great spot to sit and relax? Also great for sail away!

Head to deck 5 and go all the way to the aft of the ship. You will find chairs that have a great view of the ocean and are usually not crowded.

TY! I love discovering neat little areas on the ship like this.

Are those the ones that are on the running track? I think there's a set of chairs (loungers but nice...like an adirondack IIRC) just behind the AquaTheater. You may hear people jogging by if so, but totally rarely used let alone a full house. There's a great wake view there if you're into that.

Are those the ones that are on the running track? I think there's a set of chairs (loungers but nice...like an adirondack IIRC) just behind the AquaTheater. You may hear people jogging by if so, but totally rarely used let alone a full house. There's a great wake view there if you're into that.

Yes, as you can see from a review by APDMOM:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46908073&postcount=28

It is a very nice spot to sit, watch the wake, read.

Yes, as you can see from a review by APDMOM:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46908073&postcount=28

It is a very nice spot to sit, watch the wake, read.

I just wanted to make sure I was thinking of the same ones. I thought they'd be great to just sit and relax and read- but never got around to going there for that (I'd see them because I was jogging) on my first trip on Lady Oasis. Maybe during this second time I'll get around to it. Probably not. lol.

So much to see and do. That, and I usually read on my balcony. The peaceful bit of isolation provided there too can be really nice.