Oasis of the Seas - Tips | Tricks | Secrets

• 11 months later...

Booked too late to reserve comedy shows. Is this something I can book when I first get on the ship? If so, where do I do this? Or can I book through the RC App? Or can we just show up and hope to get a seat?

Booked too late to reserve comedy shows. Is this something I can book when I first get on the ship? If so, where do I do this? Or can I book through the RC App? Or can we just show up and hope to get a seat?

There will be a boarding day letter you will get, that will have the location where they are doing show reservations. Usually somehwhere on the Royal Promenade. If you cannot get reservations, use the standby line, they let those guests into the venu about 10 minutes before the show.

Does Oasis still have the activities like trivia? If so, do those get crowded? We have always been big trivia players, even though we rarely win. [emoji23]

Yes and yes.

However, the activity is not as enjoyable as on other ships. Schooner Bar (where trivia is typically held) is open to the Royal Promenade below, so gets all the noise from there. If there's not one of the constant sales with announcements, there's the sound from the fountain under the Rising Tide Bar, drowning out the crew member running the trivia. My advice is to get as close to the piano as possible.

Whatever you do, try not to do it all. Sailed Oasis 3 times (2 7-days and the 13-day Transatlantic) and still don't feel like I've done it all.

Our first time, we tried to do everything and it wore us out - didn't feel rested after the vacation! Just go with the flow and if you love her as much as we do, book her again and try some different experiences.

I do wonder if the gnomes are still in Central Park, though.... A must-see. :)

Why yes, yes they are

They set up in On Air and it is called Box Office. Has large blue signs with Box Office on them.

Thank you all for the great tips. We will be on in April 2018[emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We set sail April 29th, 2018 as well!

Really excited as its my 4th cruise and my honeymoon. It will be the 1st cruise for my fiance' (at that time husband) :)

Does anyone know if you can connect to wifi but not paid and be able to iMessage we were able to do this on the harmony last year. We couldn't access any websites but we're able to find eachother as long as they both had iPhones

Does anyone know if you can connect to wifi but not paid and be able to iMessage we were able to do this on the harmony last year. We couldn't access any websites but we're able to find eachother as long as they both had iPhones

Unlikely to work on Oasis as she does not support the Royal IQ app.

Really excited as its my 4th cruise and my honeymoon. It will be the 1st cruise for my fiance' (at that time husband) :)

Congrats to you both. Hope he will love cruising. This is our 5th and first on Oasis

Can someone tell me if Oasis usually docks starboard side? I read it in an old thread that it usually docks starboard side, but I can't seem to find it. I'm looking at their western Mediterranean cruises if destinations matter (Rome, Barcelona, Florence, Provence, etc).

Just wondering which side pulls into ports most of the time.

Can someone tell me if Oasis usually docks starboard side? I read it in an old thread that it usually docks starboard side, but I can't seem to find it. I'm looking at their western Mediterranean cruises if destinations matter (Rome, Barcelona, Florence, Provence, etc).

The captain makes the decision, I know oasis class are designed for starboard for boarding day but European ports may vary on the port and captain for which side she docks. Alot of the time starboard from what I have seen

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Most of the time the ship docks on the starboard side, but occasionally (not predictable) needs to dock on the port side to run starboard side lifeboat drills.

Congrats! On same sailing, first Oasis class one - woot! Doing final payment dance & booking dining/shows today,

rather tricky process, i'm finding to work it all in. Don't want to miss promenade stuff & other shows but want to balance it out and relax too.

Figure since we booked one of the last balconies overlooking the Aquatheater can easily skip booking the aquatheater & view at our leisure.

Did some digging online, did I figure this out correctly?

Sea days 2nd night (monday - 1st formal), 5th day (Thursday - 2nd formal) with Saturday the last.

Monday - Majority Rules 9 pm

Tuesday - Love & marriage 10:30 pm

Wednesday - 80's 10 pm, Battle of Sexes 11 pm

Thursday - 70's 10 pm

Friday - White Party 9:45 pm, Quest 11 pm

Saturday - Move it Shake it Parade 7:45 pm

Did see an older post re possible 'extra' comedy show @ Opal theater the last night? Is that still a thing:)?