Oasis of the Seas - Tips | Tricks | Secrets

We just booked (sort of) last minute. Took advantage of the 30% discount & Kids Sail Free promo earlier this month. We are sailing on October 15, 2016. We have never sailed on RCCL before & have wanted to try Oasis of the Seas since she first set sail.

We just booked (sort of) last minute. Took advantage of the 30% discount & Kids Sail Free promo earlier this month. We are sailing on October 15, 2016. We have never sailed on RCCL before & have wanted to try Oasis of the Seas since she first set sail.

We sail 2 weeks after you. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. Like you I have always wanted to sail on Oasis. I remember the documentary about the Oasis class ships many years ago and I was sold then. Looks like yours and my dreams are going to come true in October! Happy sailing! Enjoy and savor every moment, I know we will.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi All -

Going on the Oasis of the Seas - September 3rd.

First time on the Oasis, and the Oasis class of ship on Royal, although we are Diamond members.

Can you share your best tips, tricks and/or secrets?

Want to make the most of our time on board!

Thanks for all of your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Always looking for tips to make a great cruise better..

I know this sounds bad but....

That is when we go tho breakfast there & sit outside and people watch !

There are the balcony's that look down to that neighborhood. That far into the cruise, some people forget they are 'on display'.

They are out there in their robes...or less...having their morning coffee, hanging out their hand washed clothes to dry on their balcony rail, etc.

Also, if you are an ice cream freak & those small cones by the softy machine just will not do...go to the buffet & snag a small bowl first !

Thanks for all the great tips. First time on the Allure in October. Presume it is pretty similar. Copied and pasted all the tips that applied into a document so we can be sure to check them all out.

Happy Sailing!

Allure is very similar to Oasis. Shows and Samba Grill instead of Solarium Bistro are all the differences that come to mind.

The fact that the window's on the inside are not covered with some kind of one way film so you can't see in is weird but it would just be like having an apartment overlooking central park. you need to watch what you do with the curtains open!! LOL Good to know though.. I'll be going on the Oasis May 21, 2017 with a couple friends. Has anyone ever been in cabin 7199? We will be sharing this cabin and I'm hoping we won't be crowded.. My biggest concern is where the sofa bed is located. I am hoping it is on the window side so my cabin mates won't have to climb over me to get to the bathroom!! :eek: It looks kind of tight in some of the pictures I've seen for other of that type cabin..

Karen

:cool:

There is a thread on here somewhere about which rooms have the bed by the window v. the sofa... They alternate. I'll post it if I can find it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here it is. On the last page someone listed all cabins and bed locations

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1516781&highlight=placements

Edited by molly361

The entire sports zone is on the top deck near the back. Just go all the way up and to the back, near the flow riders. On deck 6 - boardwalk - you can also wander back behind the aqua theater - it's where shuffle board is totally hidden. It overlooks the back straight down and is an excellent spot that I imagine hardly anyone knows about.

I agree that the area behind the aqua theater is a very cool spot with great views. Anyone wanting to check it out should be aware this spot is closed off during Aqua theater shows, so plan your visits accordingly. Those looking for privacy though should be aware it isn't as secluded as the couple we encountered there one night thought it was.;)

I'll jump in on this with some tips and tricks.

Oasis will feel rather empty, it's one of the biggest surprises, the neighborhood concepts work. It's only busy at a few select spots at a few select times. Notably, the buffet. Avoid the buffet at peak times.

- Johnny Rockets OR the main dining room for breakfast (both are free). Johnny Rockets is made to order, though quality is "ok" and main dining room has made to order AND a simple buffet - but with real solid service and tablecloths - it's great. Neither are busy and never a wait. Johnny Rockets has nice outdoor seating and it was noticeably shaded and not hot at all in the mornings - even in July. That was a plus.

- Central park in the evening. Totally empty, some beautiful music, trellis bar, and also hop on the "Rising Tide" bar which goes between Central Park and Promenade. Always got a table and it was lots of fun.

- MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR SHOWS AND COMEDY.... I can't stress that enough. Especially comedy. AquaTheater will fill up, too. Reservations can be made online in advance, it's free, just book the nights you are likely to want to see them. If you change your mind, it's easy to modify reservations on board but no guarantee it'll be available. With a reservation, you just walk right up, they scan your card and you walk in. Plenty of great seating.

- Good luck finding a chair on sea days near the pool. Depending on your personality, if you are an early riser, you'll probably enjoy the pools more earlier in the day, when chairs are available, etc. Or if you like to lounge all day, this also works. There is always chairs available, but they may be up a deck, for instance, don't don't fret. I always found seating in the solarium as well, though it may not be the best in the house, all the seats are great.

- Solarium bar was pleasant, with seating near it if you just want some drinks and a view. The seats in front have an expansive view out the front and sides of the ship. We enjoyed the area.

- Check out, depending on your situation and what you are doing. If you just would like to get off the ship, DO use express checkout. What is express if you don't know? Keep your bags in your room - don't put them out night before. Wake up next day, walk off ship. I believe you have until 8AM to take advantage of it. Breakfast opens early so you can grab a quick bite before ditching. We left at 6:45 and had exactly ZERO line all the way to our car in the parking lot. Customs took 1 minute and it was basically as fast as you can walk. Highly recommend.

- Use the cruise compass if you like some of the fun little trivia and what not. We also did the sushi class and only 8 people there. Skip breakfast if doing that, it's $20/person and was well worth it.

- I'm sure you know, but if you drink, just get a drink package. More pleasant and nice not getting a bill every time you order a drink. If you have more than 5 a day, it's a bargain... I had about 15+.

- The ice show is a must see (we thought) and was better than expected.

- Deck 14, from the hallway with the cabins, all the way forward is the observation deck. I thought it was overrated and the Solarium seemed to be a better sweet spot for great views. Second level of solarium on the sides opens up nicely and you don't have to wander back through cabins to get to the bar. The observation deck is baron.

Overall, just wander the ship. It's incredible how "un" crowded it feels, absolutely shocked, personally. You'll find just about anywhere pleasant and uncrowded. Bars were never busy, just walk up and grab a drink, etc.

Thanks for all the advice. Never been on a big ship either. Harmony will be our first