Considering shareholder benefit?

Clampram

Hi Gay...based on the info in this link, it appears that the shareholder OBC program is valid on all of the Carnival Corporation's cruise lines.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

We bought them at about the same price in 2011 and enjoyed using the SOBC on the Crown when we sailed with you ending in Galveston in late 2012. We've made up our investment in OBC and dividends while the value has increased...win, win! ;)

Frank

I saw you here. We shared a ride to the airport when our van didn't come.

I think we did get it around then...I think it was before my daughter's wedding on a Carnival ship out of Tampa. But I should have checked the same form--as I have a fax nearby sending our recent stock report to Carnival for a cruise to Alaska in 2 weeks--a last minute deal to get us out of HOT Florida. I don't care if it rains every day!

Where are you going next?

I'm trying to find out info about the Majestic in China, but nothing on line past its arrival.

Best to all.

I saw you here. We shared a ride to the airport when our van didn't come.

I think we did get it around then...I think it was before my daughter's wedding on a Carnival ship out of Tampa. But I should have checked the same form--as I have a fax nearby sending our recent stock report to Carnival for a cruise to Alaska in 2 weeks--a last minute deal to get us out of HOT Florida. I don't care if it rains every day!

Where are you going next?

I'm trying to find out info about the Majestic in China, but nothing on line past its arrival.

Best to all.

I organized all of the shuttle van groups for our roll call but as luck would have it mine never arrived & we had to join another shuttle to get to HOU. :(

Enjoy Alaska & your break from FL heat, next for us is the Star to Hawaii & hope you'll be able to book an itinerary on the Majestic that you'll enjoy. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

That is because the ship is chartered to various Chinese travel companies who then market the voyages.

Princess does not offer cabins on these voyages to the public. Only the Chinese travel companies involved can do so.

That is because the ship is chartered to various Chinese travel companies who then market the voyages.

Princess does not offer cabins on these voyages to the public. Only the Chinese travel companies involved can do so.

Fax: 661-753-0180 is currently going to voicemail. Odd for a fax machine!

I guess I'll try later once the fax machine has got some coffee and settled in for the day.

Fax: 661-753-0180 is currently going to voicemail. Odd for a fax machine!

I guess I'll try later once the fax machine has got some coffee and settled in for the day.

I called their fax from my cell and got a fax machine - looks like it's on my end. I guess I'll report the fax machine we have at work... or feed it coffee!

I called their fax from my cell and got a fax machine - looks like it's on my end. I guess I'll report the fax machine we have at work... or feed it coffee!

I get so frustrated with that machine. I will send a fax and it fails due to "communication error" 9 times out of 10! Luckily my home machine will keep trying up to 5 times. Then I have to send again. I've literally added them to my sprees dial because I have to fax so frequently. I sent mine in for an upcoming cruise July 24th. It still hasn't shown up even though I have a confirmation it went through. Called Princess yesterday and their reply was fax it again. I almost cried, I hate doing it that much because of all the frustration it caused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get so frustrated with that machine. I will send a fax and it fails due to "communication error" 9 times out of 10! Luckily my home machine will keep trying up to 5 times. Then I have to send again. I've literally added them to my sprees dial because I have to fax so frequently. I sent mine in for an upcoming cruise July 24th. It still hasn't shown up even though I have a confirmation it went through. Called Princess yesterday and their reply was fax it again. I almost cried, I hate doing it that much because of all the frustration it caused.

It does not go to a real FAX machine. It goes to a computer.

Sometimes the communication is working (so you get a confirmation it worked), but computer it goes on to is not working (so they tell you they never received it).

I'm glad it just isn't me.

Just bought the stock recently and tried faxing in the form and documentation. Kept getting the communication error. Thought it was on my end since I rarely fax from my home all-in-one machine.

Finally mailed it in on Monday. Three days later it's showing up in my account for my upcoming cruise. :)

Whereabouts in the cruise planner does it show?

In the Cruise Personalizer, click on Payments & Credits and you'll see it under Credits along with other types of onboard credit & whether any are refundable (shareholder is not refundable).

Edited by Astro Flyer

Thankyou - there seem to be a couple of places where credits appear. One where a credit is part of the cruise package, and another where purchased OBC appears. Which is where the shareholder credit will be I see. Now I know where to look.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm glad it just isn't me.

Just bought the stock recently and tried faxing in the form and documentation. Kept getting the communication error. Thought it was on my end since I rarely fax from my home all-in-one machine.

Finally mailed it in on Monday. Three days later it's showing up in my account for my upcoming cruise. :)

I faxed mine a month ago. No sign of the credit. I refaxed it 10 days ago still no credit. I called Princess and they could only tell me to fax it again. Maybe I'll try snail mail. SO FRUSTRATING[emoji36].

• 2 weeks later...
I faxed mine a month ago. No sign of the credit. I refaxed it 10 days ago still no credit. I called Princess and they could only tell me to fax it again. Maybe I'll try snail mail. SO FRUSTRATING[emoji36].

Broke down and sent it registered mail. It got there today. We will see how long it takes.

I did ours last week. It took about 48 hours by fax.

It's been a month since my original fax. I got the confirmation they received the registered mailed version Monday. Now just need to wait for them to apply it. Apparently they are behind and it can take 7-10 days.

Is there a special form to fill out for the military benefit? Thanks.

Here are links to the program and to the application form:

http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/

http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Edited by Astro Flyer

We faxed the form and copy of latest statement at around 9:00 am on Monday of this week and the credit appeared in our cruise personalizer by 6:00 pm the same day.

Recommend reading the specifics on the form carefully and make sure you provide the required info (with account blacked out) and do so after full payment is made.

Chris

I have to agree that the shareholder benefit is a GREAT perk! My only irritation is having to fax it since I don't have a fax. I REALLY wish they'd let us scan it and upload it to a website! I don't mind doing it every time, but it would sure be easier for me to upload than to fax! If anyone has any pull with Princess, please ask them to start accepting an uploaded version!! Thanks!

Oh, and I find Holland America to be much faster applying the credit than Princess. As others have said, be sure to take copies with you showing everything you need in case you get on board and it's not in your credits.

Also, for the frequent flyers, don't forget about your loyalty on board credit too! We were on 3 b2b's in 2015 when we got to the point of qualifying for additional $25 each and it wasn't applied. But the Captain's Circle coordinator got us fixed up and we got everything we'd qualified for. Now we're working on getting to that next level!!

It's not a huge dividend (can't remember--maybe $25 of so on the minimum purchase), but you do get a dividend and the real benefit is the OBC that can be used to pay gratuities, excursions, etc. We waited for a few months thinking the stock would go down, but it went up. We were planning to cruise quite a lot in 2015 (which we did over 125 days w/ Princess or HA) so we did it. If you plan to cruise more than once every few years, it's definitely worth it.