DON'T waste time and research.....

lahlah57

......when you have Steve from tripinsurancestore!!!

Have been agonizing and dragging my feet regarding our cruise insurance! Just talked to Steve and does he know the products he sells! He gave me a choice between 2 coverages and the pluses and minuses of both! He is great and now is my trip insurance boyfriend.....don't tell my husband! ;)

p.s. the pricing is terrific too.....I am so happy!

My husband and I worked with Steve last night. I agree, he either knows his stuff or has a wonderful way of making you believe he does. I just hope I don't have to file a claim and test it. I love to buy insurance and not have to use it. Money well spent!! Sally:)

My husband and I worked with Steve last night. I agree, he either knows his stuff or has a wonderful way of making you believe he does. I just hope I don't have to file a claim and test it. I love to buy insurance and not have to use it. Money well spent!! Sally:)

We had to file two claims, both on policies we purchased through Steve (with Travel Insured).

Both times, we double checked with him about the process.

First time, it was pretty straightforward.

The second time, we didn't think the situation would be covered, but I emailed him from overseas just in case. SO glad we did!

He double checked with TI and then got back to us to explain exactly which terms of the policy covered the situation.

Both times, TI paid promptly once we got them all the docs. (All delays were entirely our fault, once due to dealing with ongoing medical problems, the other time with a few problems with translation with an overseas physician.)

All of the docs they needed were reasonable.

We've learned a great deal about travel insurance from Steve, that's for sure.

But there are always a few new questions, and he's always available.

Anyway, my point is that yes, it does seem that he actually "knows his stuff" and isn't just a good actor! :D

Another good site for travel insurance is insuremytrip.com

They have a wide variety of coverage's which can be tailored to your individual needs. The site has a helpful chat function where you can pose questions as you are comparing the coverage's and policies. When I have called in the past, their agents are very helpful and accommodating.

I just bought tripinsurance for a family of 4 for $186 (cruise only cost of trip $8,000) from the tripinsurancestore.com

Much cheaper than what the cruise was offering.

Thank you too all who recommended Steve....(although I spoke with Becky)

• 3 weeks later...

I have not used trip insurance store myself, but referred someone to them based on the high reviews I have read on cruise critic. Unfortunately, when they try calling (during business hours) no one answers and there is no answering machine. Has anyone else had this happen? It makes me feel like it's not a reliable company when no one answers the phone.

I have not used trip insurance store myself, but referred someone to them based on the high reviews I have read on cruise critic. Unfortunately, when they try calling (during business hours) no one answers and there is no answering machine. Has anyone else had this happen? It makes me feel like it's not a reliable company when no one answers the phone.

Always use tripinsurancestore and our phone calls have always been answered during business hours and also when using the "live chat". IMO, they are a very reliable company and know their business.

Always use tripinsurancestore and our phone calls have always been answered during business hours and also when using the "live chat". IMO, they are a very reliable company and know their business.

I agree. Their live chat works well.

I agree. Their live chat works well.

She was finally able to reach Steve. I'm assuming they must have been having trouble with their phone lines because she mentioned the connection wasn't the best. He is sending some insurance quotes to review. I will let her know to maybe try the live chat next time.

• 4 weeks later...
Also had good claims experience with Travel Insured:)

We had a terrible experience with them. I am glad things worked out well for you but they were non responsive rude and cheated us out of 1000's of dollars. I would never recommend them and have told every person I know. Just know that just because you have travel insurance does not mean peace of mind. This company at least did everything they could not to pay the claim and I was so sick for months after missing my cruise I gave up fighting them. I figure Karma will bite them in the rear eventually.

We had a terrible experience with them. I am glad things worked out well for you but they were non responsive rude and cheated us out of 1000's of dollars. I would never recommend them and have told every person I know. Just know that just because you have travel insurance does not mean peace of mind. This company at least did everything they could not to pay the claim and I was so sick for months after missing my cruise I gave up fighting them. I figure Karma will bite them in the rear eventually.

So sorry about your unpaid claims on missing your cruise.

My claim was about a flight cancellation last Jan. this year due to snowstorm Jonas. I got the cancellation email from the airline a day before our cruise disembarkation. I called Travel insured from the ship and they said they will cover hotel, food and transportation until I got the flight. Filed a claim with all their requirements and got the check in 15 working days.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Will take note of that the next time.

You had trouble with TravelInsured? I'm really surprised. I purchased a policy with them through USAA. We had a medical event on our last cruise, in Feb 2016. The policy I purchased has secondary medical coverage, which I was totally aware of.

Once I finally got all the bills and EOBs, I sent them in. That took until August 2016. I sent the paperwork in via email on Aug 30. On Sept 19 they emailed me to say they were cutting a check for the full amount requested. If I had gotten them all the paperwork faster, they would have gotten me a check faster, but real life happened, and their paperwork gave me a year to complete the claim. The Labor Day holiday was in there as well, slowing things down.

I won't hesitate to purchase TravelInsured again.

• 3 weeks later...

We've bought insurance from them many times. Always have best value for cost. Steve and his crew are knowlegable, responsive, and willing to spend the time to be sure I understand the answers to the many questions I've asked over the years!