New Smoking Policy

FKGirl

This is indeed terrific news! I too applaud the efforts of Markham to use his influence and push for this change. And also many thanks to others on CC who have fought this fight. Now we need to find a crossing on Seabourn.

[quote name='Les Picantins']Some people can never be pleased.[/QUOTE]

I am quite sensitive to cigarette smoke and was delighted by the new policy. I also have a couple of friends that have e-cigarettes. They are usually fruit flavored, and the smell does not linger. The idea of someone smoking one indoors is of no concern to me at all.

[quote name='lincslady']Brilliant news!!! Congrats to all who have pushed for this, especially Markham.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this group will take up the issue of Nicky Fooey as the complimentary champagne. Nearly a year ago, we were told that Seabourn was renegotiating their champagne contracts and another brand would become the complimentary champagne. :D

When we were on the Sojourn a few weeks back one of the bar managers told me they are still working on the champagne change. Apparently some of the choices that were considered would not commit to provide enough quantity - at least that was what the individual told me when I inquired about the rumored change. I am not a fan of the current NF selection and think I only had 1 glass of it on my last cruise.

Exactly what I was told -- the deal they were working on a year ago fell through because they could not be guaranteed the quantity they require. So does this mean we need to reduce our consumption to improve the quality? I certainly hope not!

[quote name='Horsegrl']Why is SEABOURN waiting until Nov to alter smoking policy? It should begin IMMEDIATELY.[/QUOTE]

My guess is so that cruises that are fully paid for will not be affected. Since there are no refunds a smoker would have a big issue with the change in policy By waiting until November smokers who have booked can cancel without penalty if they don't like the change

We are loyal Oceania cruisers who longed to try Seaborne but wouldn't dare with their current smoking policy. Just found out by accident of the exciting changes coming. Am now heading over to their website to check out this whole new world of possibilities. Thank you Seaborne. Can't help but believe that your customer base will increase significantly.

[quote name='LadyCruisers']We are loyal Oceania cruisers who longed to try Seaborne but wouldn't dare with their current smoking policy. Just found out by accident of the exciting changes coming. Am now heading over to their website to check out this whole new world of possibilities. Thank you Seaborne. Can't help but believe that your customer base will increase significantly.[/QUOTE]

It is spelled Seabourn :) No idea as to what you'll find at Seaborne.com - but doubt I'd want to travel on it.

New itineraries are expected in the next ?? days. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe not. So if you don't see something you like, check back in a few days / weeks.

Sorry for the misspelling, but my IPad forced it without my realizing it until I was hitting submit reply. I am well aware it is Seabourn. Do not think a snarky followup post was warranted. Not a very welcoming first post on the Seabourn board. Thank you though for the information on expected release dates for upcoming itineraries.

Did not mean to be "snarky" - [B]you [/B]misspelled the lines name - if you typed that into a search engine who knows what site you would have wound up at. I was trying to [I]help [/I]you NOT be snarky. IMO the iPad spell check sucks. Edited by 2SailingNomads

[quote name='2SailingNomads']Did not mean to be "snarky" - [B]you [/B]misspelled the lines name - if you typed that into a search engine who knows what site you would have wound up at. I was trying to [I]help [/I]you NOT be snarky. IMO the iPad spell check sucks.[/QUOTE]
Loving snarky is that the same as the UK's sarky which in turn is short for sarcastic? Perhaps we should have a spell checker, predictive, voice, thread? Anyway to the OP welcome to Seabourn, live long and prosper.[emoji14]

Snarky is to sarky as color is to colour.

The Seabourn forum sometimes still treats the US as the petulant colony with bad taste (in spelling, dress, and regard for Thomas Keller). Rest assured that behavior onboard the Seabourn ships is much more cordial and civilized (civilised) than this forum would lead you to believe. ;)

Yes, we Brits can be pretty sarky and snarky. I reckon sarky is obviously just sarcastic; have a feeling snarky is a bit stronger, with slightly less kind feelings to the recipient? I can use both; I think I have got snarky from US friends and probably this board.

My spellcheck I think does not work properly- I can always type Seabourn without any problems or corrections. It does put a red line under, but does not change it. Perhaps just because I just use an old fashioned desktop? Being an old fashioned Brit.