New Smoking Policy

FKGirl

I'm not certain which I am more excited about - the new smoking policy or the prospect that we might finally see an end to threads about smoking?!

Ther won't be an end to smoking threads until it has been completely banned and smokers made to walk the plank. :D

Incidentally, we are off again in October. !7 days in the Med :cool:

I'm not certain which I am more excited about - the new smoking policy or the prospect that we might finally see an end to threads about smoking?!

:D

Great news.

We will look forward very much to enjoying our after dinner drinks in Observation now.

Save

Ther won't be an end to smoking threads until it has been completely banned and smokers made to walk the plank. :D

Incidentally, we are off again in October. !7 days in the Med :cool:

Which sailing? I'm boarding Odyssey again on October 29. I'd love to see you guys again!

Sojourn, October 17th. We need to coordinate better. :D

I had a 50/50 shot of being so lucky. That itinerary looks great too. I decided to give solo cruising a spin so I figured the wine cruise would be a soft landing. :D

I had a 50/50 shot of being so lucky. That itinerary looks great too. I decided to give solo cruising a spin so I figured the wine cruise would be a soft landing. :D

I think the 'landing' depends on how much wine you consume. :D:D

We really liked the itinerary as there are quite a lot of ports that we haven't been to before. We also get to see my sister in Barcelona and grandson in Geneva. So a win-win-win.

Edited by Roxburgh

My thinking precisely but wonderful news, too late for me October 1 out of Athens but a bright future awaits. After not smoking for 30+ years I am still addicted, and the slightest sniff is bad news.

I am chuffed that Seabourn is getting smart about this smoking business.

And here's my shout out to Lincslady. Thank you for your kind words!

Happy and healthy sailing!

Ps- so here we can all see the power of positive thinking and deliberate action. It ain't the ole "business as usual" attitude anymore. Most gratifying.

Great news for. Seabourn and as a avid Crystal cruiser the smoking issue has kept us away from this great line. Calling our TA tomorrow to see what will fit in with our other travel plans. We love sea days. Anybody have any recommendations on future cruises? We are sick of doing Europe but love Asia. We know people who cruise both Crystal and Seabourn and tell us we would not be disappointed with the true luxury of Seabourn. I can taste the caviar.

We like the larger suites and I know you don't need a butler as the excellent stewardesses handle everything so I am told. We love Crystal but we need something equal and I think Seabourn will fit that bill just to change up our cruising. We have tried SS and Regent and were not too pleased.

The smoking issue seems to have been resolved in a fair manner for smokers and non-smokers. Congratulations!

Edited by Suite Travels

What about a nice 14 day Singapore to Hong Kong cruise? They have it in Jan, Feb and March with a stop at their private island (serving you caviar in the water as you walk up to them). This is the one we are booked on since we couldn't get my folks on the Crystal Singapore to Hong Kong one. (If you recall, it was the issue when Crystal opened up a booking, I grabbed it and then the closed it on me stating booking was a mistake). Never did Seabourn but that itinerary looks great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[quote name='Suite Travels']Great news for. Seabourn and as a avid Crystal cruiser the smoking issue has kept us away from this great line. Calling our TA tomorrow to see what will fit in with our other travel plans. We love sea days. Anybody have any recommendations on future cruises? We are sick of doing Europe but love Asia. We know people who cruise both Crystal and Seabourn and tell us we would not be disappointed with the true luxury of Seabourn. I can taste the caviar.

We too are from South Florida and are so happy with the new smoking rules. We are on the 39 day voyage on the Sojourn (April 23 2017) from Hong Kong to Seattle--does a lot of Japan and first time for Seabourn in Alaska on way to Seattle. Looks great. Just a few cabins left. Edited by sassyw

Great news, indeed, and long overdue. However, is there cause for concern that electronic cigarettes are permitted inside guest cabins?

More cancer-causing chemicals found in electronic cigarettes
[URL]http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/27/12299784/electronic-cigarettes-e-cigs-chemicals-cancer-fda[/URL]

I don't know much about e cigarettes. Do some have flavors or smell? Would the harmful substance get absorbed in fabrics or stay on surfaces that may prove harmful to others?