New Carnival Theme Parties

MistyRo76

Just saw these updates on my PVP's Cruise page:

"Another neat new party! Adults Only!

"Serenity Under the Stars"

Offered on: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista.

What it is about: It's the evening's star-studded encore to the awesome Mega Deck Party. Great music, fresh sea air and a lounge vibe to inspire romance, camaraderie and maybe even a little dancing fun!. Serenity, Carnival's outdoor adults only retreat, is transformed into a South Beach-style club under the stars, complete with spectacular lighting effects and a crowd-pleasing mix of popular music spun by our resident DJ."

"80's Rock-N-Glow Party

The 80's Rock-N-Glow party will be featured on 6+ day cruises and take place one evening during the latter half of the cruise. It will be a totally bodacious deck party with awesome giveaways, a rad 80's themed dance contest, a tubular 80's pop concert with our onboard Rock band and of course, the Thriller dance! The 80's Rock-N-Glow Party is a new experience that is high energy, fun, unique and showcases our exciting musical offerings."

Hadn't seen anything about these new theme parties, so wanted to pass the info along. Personally, I think they both sound like a lot of fun! And a nice change of pace from the standard deck party.

Misty

Would the serenity party be just once per cruise? Sounds like it could make a lot of noise in the area of the Spa cabins on Conquest class ships, which is usually a quieter part of the ship.

My understanding is that it would just be a one-time per cruise special theme party. Not an every night thing (for those who enjoy the quiet of the Serenity deck in the evening!).

I'll see if I can get that question answered from my PVP.

My understanding is that it would just be a one-time per cruise special theme party. Not an every night thing (for those who enjoy the quiet of the Serenity deck in the evening!).

I'll see if I can get that question answered from my PVP.

My PVP did confirm it is only once per sailing!

Just saw these updates on my PVP's Cruise page:

"Another neat new party! Adults Only!

"Serenity Under the Stars"

Offered on: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Conquest, Carnival Dream, Carnival Fascination, Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Legend, Carnival Magic, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Pride, Carnival Spirit, Carnival Splendor, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista.

What it is about: It's the evening's star-studded encore to the awesome Mega Deck Party. Great music, fresh sea air and a lounge vibe to inspire romance, camaraderie and maybe even a little dancing fun!. Serenity, Carnival's outdoor adults only retreat, is transformed into a South Beach-style club under the stars, complete with spectacular lighting effects and a crowd-pleasing mix of popular music spun by our resident DJ."

"80's Rock-N-Glow Party

The 80's Rock-N-Glow party will be featured on 6+ day cruises and take place one evening during the latter half of the cruise. It will be a totally bodacious deck party with awesome giveaways, a rad 80's themed dance contest, a tubular 80's pop concert with our onboard Rock band and of course, the Thriller dance! The 80's Rock-N-Glow Party is a new experience that is high energy, fun, unique and showcases our exciting musical offerings."

Hadn't seen anything about these new theme parties, so wanted to pass the info along. Personally, I think they both sound like a lot of fun! And a nice change of pace from the standard deck party.

Misty

Will look for this on my upcoming cruise on the Dream

Thanks for sharing the info. It all sounds great except the part about the DJ. I thought Carnival had learned their lesson about DJs. I'm not at all excited about more too-loud rap music on deck which seems to be what Carnival DJs do most.

Both of these parties were on the Pride a couple of weeks ago.

The 80's glow party was packed (like shoulder to shoulder packed with people). It seemed to be a big hit.

I don't know about the Serenity one but the CD was heavy on the announcements about it. That one is adults only whereas the 80's party was all ages.

I'm not going to lie. I have to listen to crappy 80s music all day at work. I would not be pleased to have an evening devoted to more of it while I'm on vacation.

Its a big ship, nobody is forcing you to go :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

Had this Rock and Glow party recently on the Dream. Was incredible as about 30 minutes before the official start they played some great tunes from the actual artists. Then the "show band" starting performing live and lets just say it was a HUGE buzzkill. The band was down right bad and they would only do about 90 seconds of each song and move on. Many people left after giving the band 4/5 songs to turn it around. The CD tried to keep people going and if it weren't for him I think everyone would have vacated. If they would have just had it DJ'ed it was have been a HUGE success from start to finish. Great idea just need to have the band's practice more or just be better.

80's music is one era of music that is so popular with many generations so it was well represented.

Had this Rock and Glow party recently on the Dream. Was incredible as about 30 minutes before the official start they played some great tunes from the actual artists. Then the "show band" starting performing live and lets just say it was a HUGE buzzkill. The band was down right bad and they would only do about 90 seconds of each song and move on. Many people left after giving the band 4/5 songs to turn it around. The CD tried to keep people going and if it weren't for him I think everyone would have vacated. If they would have just had it DJ'ed it was have been a HUGE success from start to finish. Great idea just need to have the band's practice more or just be better.

80's music is one era of music that is so popular with many generations so it was well represented.

Surprised the band didnt give a better performance

Was on the Valor last week and they did the glow party. It was okay. First they had staff member taught everyone the Michael Jackson Thriller dance. They gave out TONS of glow stick things and bracelets and flashing tubes. Then the band played the 80s songs. There were a lot of little kids just there for the freebies and the crowd dispersed pretty quickly. I would suggest they do the 80s stuff at the serenity party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did people dress up for the 80's party? Cause that could be fun!

That would be a lot of fun! They should incorporate some best costume awards. I would totally crimp my hair and put it up in a side pony tail and put on my legwarmers for this! LOL

For me though...it's the music that I love. I feel like the dance clubs are always the best when they are playing the older 80's stuff. The dance floor is always packed and the vibe is so much fun. Unfortunately, the dance clubs are so hit and miss with that.