Current Captains

lakemurraykid

Hi Copper John , could you tell me please where the Westerdam is between Jan 4 2020 and Jan 16 2020 .

Is she in dry dock or possibly on a charter from Singapore ?

We will board her on the 16th of January  and were wondering why there is a gap in the schedule the 12 days before we get on board.

Greetings from Canada . Tony :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, sailingdutchy said:

Hi Copper John , could you tell me please where the Westerdam is between Jan 4 2020 and Jan 16 2020 .

Is she in dry dock or possibly on a charter from Singapore ?

We will board her on the 16th of January  and were wondering why there is a gap in the schedule the 12 days before we get on board.

Greetings from Canada . Tony :classic_biggrin:

Goeie avond/good evening Tony

Westy's last dry-dock was in April 2017 so she would be due in Jan 2020 plus Singapore has been used by HAL for dry-docks in the past (last time was Volendam in Nov/Dec 2017). I will try to confirm

2 hours ago, Copper10-8 said:

Goeie avond/good evening Tony

Westy's last dry-dock was in April 2017 so she would be due in Jan 2020 plus Singapore has been used by HAL for dry-docks in the past (last time was Volendam in Nov/Dec 2017). I will try to confirm

Dank je wel  /  Thank you very much John 

First time for us on the Westy I have heard good and also bad things about her , but hey I have not had a bad cruise yet with HAL !  Looking forward to her .

Yes if you can please let me know .

Take care 

Ton :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Dank je wel  /  Thank you very much John 

First time for us on the Westy I have heard good and also bad things about her , but hey I have not had a bad cruise yet with HAL !  Looking forward to her .

Yes if you can please let me know .

Take care 

Ton :classic_biggrin:

Why don't you and Martha stay on board until end of April, then we can sail together? 😉We are boarding her end of March.

Edited by Alphen

5 hours ago, Alphen said:

Why don't you and Martha stay on board until end of April, then we can sail together? 😉We are boarding her end of March.

That would have been very nice Jeroen , we should have coordianted that better , but we have to get ready than to go to the Arctic on the Veendam . We wanted to have a little less winter in Jan and Feb ! 

Hello to you and Annie . :classic_biggrin:

Ton

2 hours ago, 496and706 said:

I will be on the Noordam  for the July 28 southbound cruise from Seward to Vancouver. Any idea who the Captain and CD will be? 

That would be Captain Eric van der Wal; tell him I said hi :classic_wink:

Copper10-8. Hello again, we are on the Amsterdam starting July 29 for 28 days. I think I remember you mentioning a favorite Mexican restaurant in Juneau, but have no clue if that's correct! It's certainly possible I may be wrong. BTW, I read on captain Alberts blog about the replacement captain for our voyage. Any thoughts, comments as I didn't recognize his name. Thanks as always.

Doug

2 hours ago, echoshipmate said:

Copper10-8. Hello again, we are on the Amsterdam starting July 29 for 28 days. I think I remember you mentioning a favorite Mexican restaurant in Juneau, but have no clue if that's correct! It's certainly possible I may be wrong. BTW, I read on captain Alberts blog about the replacement captain for our voyage. Any thoughts, comments as I didn't recognize his name. Thanks as always.

Doug

The very good Mexican restaurant in Juneau is called "El Sombrero", walking distance from the ship (make a left turn around the Red Dog Saloon, and head up Franklin Street for a block).

Newly promoted A'dam Captain Daniel Bolton is a very  competent mariner and a very nice guy! Enjoy your voyage to Alaska

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 8:09 AM, Copper10-8 said:

They actually are already selling stroopwafels here in some Starbucks stores and in places like World Market. I sure do remember the Hema stores while growing up in Amsterdam

Hema: halve warme...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, luvn2cruzzz said:

Will be doing the Nieuw Statendam's transatlantic in October.  Who will be at the helm, cruise and hotel director?  Thank you so much!

Capt. Sijbe de Boer

HD Don Habets

CD the big unknown

6 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

On the Westerdam, August 25 to September 8:

does the crystal ball know who will be the MDR Manager, Pinnacle Manger and CD.

Many thanks and have yourselves a great cruise, too!

The Maitre 'd (back to that name from the previous DRM) is Rick Kolvoort - unk at this time as to the PGM and CD

Enjoy!

Copper, do you ever get tired of these eternal questions? Just in case you don't, what can you tell me about who the officers will be on Maasdam for my Sept. 26-Oct. 17 voyage? I might be the only person here who cares about the Housekeeping Manager, but could you include that, if possible? Thanks so much in advance!

A more general question - I was on the 89 day grand Asia on Amsterdam last fall and would love to see some of that crew again. Do crew members tend to stay with one ship, or might I find some of those same folks on Maasdam now?

16 minutes ago, IslandThyme said:

Copper, do you ever get tired of these eternal questions? Just in case you don't, what can you tell me about who the officers will be on Maasdam for my Sept. 26-Oct. 17 voyage? I might be the only person here who cares about the Housekeeping Manager, but could you include that, if possible? Thanks so much in advance!

A more general question - I was on the 89 day grand Asia on Amsterdam last fall and would love to see some of that crew again. Do crew members tend to stay with one ship, or might I find some of those same folks on Maasdam now?

Jeffrey (crows nest, Amsterdam, grand Asia) is now on the Maasdam..

21 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Hi Copper, 

We're on the Amsterdam on Monday. I remember you mentioning earlier that  our captain is Captain Bolton but what can you tell me about the other officers? 

Thank you!

Karen

That they're all pretty nice guys! :classic_wink:

Capt. Daniel Bolton

HD Norbert Kovacs

Bev Mngr Edmund Simon

• Haha 1