Robe in cabin question..

srsh1

The robes in our room weren't the lightweight waffles..they were brand new terry cloth. In the ships store there were two robes to choose from..the lightweight for $45 and the terry for $70. If anyone tried to "accidentally " take them home..not only a $140 charge..but needed another suitcase.

Since our cruise did have some colder weather a nice thick terry was nice..but I do prefer the waffle lightweight.

Thanks for the clarification & since the deluxe terry cloth robes cost $90 in the gift shop or to preorder, the $70 fee for "accidentally" taking one home may be a discounted price for a used robe. ;)

Thanks for the clarification & since the deluxe terry cloth robes cost $90 in the gift shop or to preorder, the $70 fee for "accidentally" taking one home may be a discounted price for a used robe. ;)

You're right, $90 not $70. Colorado Cruiser..next cruise I will be doing a big inspection..lol

Robe story....took our second cruise with 8 couples. Their first princess, my second. Told all the girls..pack your pjs (put them out in luggage at dinner time)..and use the robes the last night to sleep in. When we got back to room around midnight..all the robes were removed. All the guys thanked me in the morning.

Edited by BRANDEE

You're right, $90 not $70. Colorado Cruiser..next cruise I will be doing a big inspection..lol

Robe story....took our second cruise with 8 couples. Their first princess, my second. Told all the girls..pack your pjs (put them out in luggage at dinner time)..and use the robes the last night to sleep in. When we got back to room around midnight..all the robes were removed. All the guys thanked me in the morning.

Cool beans! Remind me to tell you my PJ story about my packing my wife's go home outfit and she had to disembark in her PJs. I'm still in deep doodoo.

We just returned from an Alaska cruise. I had checked the robe request box, but none were in our rooms. It wasn't a problem, we were told we were to ask our room steward for them. Remember if you keep it, they charge you for it. I think they SaI'd the cost would be $45.

We just returned from an Alaska cruise. I had checked the robe request box, but none were in our rooms. It wasn't a problem, we were told we were to ask our room steward for them. Remember if you keep it, they charge you for it. I think they SaI'd the cost would be $45.

We find when the robes are requested in the personalizer they are usually not in the cabin upon arrival. A quick reminder to Stewart and they appear at some point.

Sometimes, even when you preorder a robe on the personalizer, you have to wait until evening to get it. (Laundry delay)

Slippers are not included unless you are Elite or in a Suite

Slippers are NOT provided if you are Elite:mad:

Slippers are NOT provided if you are Elite:mad:

I had a pair for me and a pair for my husband waiting for us on the bed when we boarded on the Emerald Princess for our June 4th sailing..it was our first Elite sailing and our room steward told us that the slippers and the extra thick robes were part of the Elite perks. We were not in a suite. Maybe you get slippers only the first time?

I had a pair for me and a pair for my husband waiting for us on the bed when we boarded on the Emerald Princess for our June 4th sailing..it was our first Elite sailing and our room steward told us that the slippers and the extra thick robes were part of the Elite perks. We were not in a suite. Maybe you get slippers only the first time?

In 20 cruises at the elite level, we've never received an extra thick robe & think that you got lucky to have one. ;)

A thicker robe or slippers are not listed as an elite perk so I wouldn't count on receiving them on your next cruise.

Lucky indeed!