Blaming Royal

yes, we do get frustrated with Royal and what we feel are false advertising/ information etc. I just got off the phone and did argue about a room category that Royal had on line, but was not showing to the Royal agents. I was very upset and still am about false advertising, but I do need to tell you that although the agents have to do their jobs, the person I had did help me to get some compromise with the room I wanted. All I wanted to do was change rooms in my category when they said it was not. My point is you cannot advertise a category and when someone wants to book it all of a sudden it is not in the same category. I know I am not making much sense, but my point is that Royal did work with me and did make a decent compromise although in my mind it was still false advertising. Just know your facts, stand your ground and realize that the person you are talking to is just like you and I in our jobs and does what they are allowed to do. Talk to a supervisor!!!!!!

yes, we do get frustrated with Royal and what we feel are false advertising/ information etc. I just got off the phone and did argue about a room category that Royal had on line, but was not showing to the Royal agents. I was very upset and still am about false advertising, but I do need to tell you that although the agents have to do their jobs, the person I had did help me to get some compromise with the room I wanted. All I wanted to do was change rooms in my category when they said it was not. My point is you cannot advertise a category and when someone wants to book it all of a sudden it is not in the same category. I know I am not making much sense, but my point is that Royal did work with me and did make a decent compromise although in my mind it was still false advertising. Just know your facts, stand your ground and realize that the person you are talking to is just like you and I in our jobs and does what they are allowed to do. Talk to a supervisor!!!!!!
ship, date, what cabin to what cabin?

What were the two category rooms you were switching to. Monday I switched a JS on our 2nd cruise of a b2b, so we could have the same cabin for both sailings, it was taken care of in 5 minutes. If your changing from an E -2 to E-1 then a slight increase can result or between a D-2 to a D-1.

I was in a D3 and wanted to change to a different deck to what the web site said was a D3 on a different deck. They said it was not correct on the web site (not their words) and that if I went in to book it the room would come up a D2. That is false advertising for sure. I got it resolved but my point was that if you know you are right you need to let someone know (kindly) that you are not going to give in to something that they put on line as a mistake. It no longer say D3 it now says D2.

I must have just been under a rock because I just noticed the change at the Royal Caribbean website today. Don't know if this has been discussed on other boards (I'm assuming yes) but I can see where there will be all kinds of confusion concerning changing cabins.

Every cruise I pretend booked for Superior Balconies (category D) showed all available cabins in that category as D3 cabins with a D3 price where if you look at the ship layout right next to it, the cabin numbers are D1, D2, and D3... same price for each one. Just amazes me that Royal just can't get it right. Again, if this has already been discussed, sorry. I may just crawl back under my rock.

Tim

I was in a D3 and wanted to change to a different deck to what the web site said was a D3 on a different deck. They said it was not correct on the web site (not their words) and that if I went in to book it the room would come up a D2. That is false advertising for sure. I got it resolved but my point was that if you know you are right you need to let someone know (kindly) that you are not going to give in to something that they put on line as a mistake. It no longer say D3 it now says D2.

Was it a deck plan that you looked at?

Was it a deck plan that you looked at?

I actually did the full "fake" reservation and when I clicked on the middle of the cabin it showed a room on Deck 9. I went even further to change decks and yes I was still in the reservation and put in Deck 10. It brought up a cabin and the info said D3 Superior Ocean View etc. I called and was told that the cabin was not showing up. I then went back in, found it still there, printed off the info and called back. That was when the negotiating began. I was told that if I clicked on wanting that room it would go from D3 to a D2 (which evidently it really was). That is when I talked about false advertising etc. I just wanted people to know that when they realize that the info they are seeing is Royal's fault, you need to be strong when the info is incorrect on the web site. I talked to a wonderful lady who talked to supervisor etc. and after at least 30 min. we agreed on a "deal." I did tell her I was going to talk on Cruise Critic though.

I actually did the full "fake" reservation and when I clicked on the middle of the cabin it showed a room on Deck 9. I went even further to change decks and yes I was still in the reservation and put in Deck 10. It brought up a cabin and the info said D3 Superior Ocean View etc. I called and was told that the cabin was not showing up. I then went back in, found it still there, printed off the info and called back. That was when the negotiating began. I was told that if I clicked on wanting that room it would go from D3 to a D2 (which evidently it really was). That is when I talked about false advertising etc. I just wanted people to know that when they realize that the info they are seeing is Royal's fault, you need to be strong when the info is incorrect on the web site. I talked to a wonderful lady who talked to supervisor etc. and after at least 30 min. we agreed on a "deal." I did tell her I was going to talk on Cruise Critic though.

Ok, I am finally understanding what you are trying to communicate.

I experienced this, too. I have a D3 booked on a cruise, and when the new pricing scheme started on Thursday, I went to the Royal Caribbean website to see if there was a price drop for me.

It offered me all sorts of cabins that I KNOW without any doubt are NOT D3 cabins.

I can see where you would be upset to be told, "No, that's not actually a D3, no matter what it says on the website."

But you say that you have resolved the matter, so that's good news for you.

I'm not sure that it's "false advertising". It's really "incompetent IT". (shocking, I know. :rolleyes:)

Happy you were able to get it resolved and your correct, you need to stand your ground. I did change cabins on our next cruise from a D-2 to a D-1 to move closer to Mid Ship. That little change did increase the price by $100. Now I had thought that as long as I was staying withing the same Category in this case the D's there would be no increase, regardless if 1, 2 or 3.

Happy you were able to get it resolved and your correct, you need to stand your ground. I did change cabins on our next cruise from a D-2 to a D-1 to move closer to Mid Ship. That little change did increase the price by $100. Now I had thought that as long as I was staying withing the same Category in this case the D's there would be no increase, regardless if 1, 2 or 3.
no, the change has to be the exact D for no price change

I guess I stood my ground because it was advertised as if I would be going from a D3 to a D3. Anyway you are correct that sometimes you need to stand your ground. Like I told the lady, who by the way was great, that I only cruise Royal - don't think that mattered though!!!!!