Carnival Elegant Nights

carefreegirl

Have not been on Carnival since 2001, how dressy are the elegant nights? Specifically on the Valor 4 night cruise. Could DH get away with dress shirt, tie, and dress pants? Or is suit a necessity?

From Carnival: What To Wear - Evenings

Hubby has taken to wearing black/charcoal gray slacks with a dressy button shirt & black loafers on Elegant Nights, no tie.

We returned today from a caribbean cruise on Pride. I was surprised to see how many people dressed up on the elegant nights. The majority of men wore 2 piece suits and a tie and the women were in long gowns or cocktail dresses. In the dining room with set dining times I woukd say tbe majority were 'dressed up' with your time diners choosing open collared shirts ir collared t shirts & pants. The cruise director made a point in saying dress up if you want but don't worry if you don't. Noone stood out to me as being overly or under dressed. Enjoy your cruise!

We returned today from a caribbean cruise on Pride. I was surprised to see how many people dressed up on the elegant nights. The majority of men wore 2 piece suits and a tie and the women were in long gowns or cocktail dresses. In the dining room with set dining times I woukd say tbe majority were 'dressed up' with your time diners choosing open collared shirts ir collared t shirts & pants. The cruise director made a point in saying dress up if you want but don't worry if you don't. Noone stood out to me as being overly or under dressed. Enjoy your cruise!

Glad to know most people know how to dress for the occasion

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by First and Ten

Welshlass, we had quite the opposite on the Dream. I would say 20% were formal and 80% "resort casual" slacks and a nice button down shirt for a guy will suffice.

I agree with this ,last cruise elegant night , The Breeze allowed t-shirts and jeans in .. Lot less formal now than in the past

Have not been on Carnival since 2001, how dressy are the elegant nights? Specifically on the Valor 4 night cruise. Could DH get away with dress shirt, tie, and dress pants? Or is suit a necessity?

They are the less dressy of all the lines.

Dress appropriately for waiters dancing on podiums to Gangnam Style and Apple Bottom Jeans. No lobster. If you are in a suit you will be in the top 10% for certain.