where are the shore excursions??

dem1958

Not a happy camper right now....we are leaving on the Dawn on Nov 11th this year. There are still only 36 shore excursions for the five ports we are visiting. They only have 1 for Cozumel, 1 for Roatan. I have been calling for awhile now and all I get is "they should be up by next week. I have never gone on NCL so I don't know if this is how they do it or what. I've never had to wait this long.

Edited by dem1958

The ShoreEx for my November cruise have been trickling in for the last few months. They are still not all up there from what I can tell from past reviews of the ports. I like to have my plans made as early as possible so I can make other arrangements if the places I want to go are not offered.

That's odd. We go there on the Jade on Nov 13rh and we have 35 shorex available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The OP said they have 36 available. Their complaint is there's only 1 for Roatan and 1 for Cozumel.

Ours for Epic have been slowly coming in as well. And the cabanas on GSC are still not available to book.

If you want relaxing at the beach then in Cozumel I'd book independently. We love Nachi Cocum and normally go there. This time we are doing an all inclusive with Iberostar - hopefully it is as good as Nachi always is.

Also in Cozumel you can do the Cozumel Bar Hop which is awesome!

And in Roatan I'd book independently and do Little French Key. We went there in March and absolutely loved it.

You do know you do NOT have to do an excursion thru the ship at all....you can do your own thing...read a guidebook...lots of info...and you can save a bundle!

Libraries have guidebooks..won't cost a cent!

Edited by cb at sea

The ShoreEx for my November cruise have been trickling in for the last few months. They are still not all up there from what I can tell from past reviews of the ports. I like to have my plans made as early as possible so I can make other arrangements if the places I want to go are not offered.

Me too....I already have one for Grand Caymen with Stingray Sailing but I normally have everything booked and paid for by now.

Exactly what I'm saying. I have been watching and watching and watching for this Jost Van Dyke excursion on the Rebel Yell in Tortola to post for my Nov Escape cruise.....nothing. I don't get it. I'm a newbie too and if this is how NCL operates well, whatever, what can ya do? It would just be nice to know if it ISN'T going to be offered so, like you, I can book something else.

Not a happy camper right now....we are leaving on the Dawn on Nov 11th this year. There are still only 36 shore excursions for the five ports we are visiting. They only have 1 for Cozumel, 1 for Roatan. I have been calling for awhile now and all I get is "they should be up by next week. I have never gone on NCL so I don't know if this is how they do it or what. I've never had to wait this long.

There appears to be something odd going on with the excursions list right now. We are on the Dawn repositioning cruise that ends on Nov. 11. Last Friday evening we booked a ship excursion for Cozumel - there were many to choose from. Today I can see only only one Cozumel excursion. I posted this quirk on our Roll Call and others said they can see many excursions showing for Cozumel. Hopefully the full list will return soon for all passengers.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

It's that time of year when they are negotiating next season's excursions. Just be patient. If they aren't there for you they aren't there for anyone and no one is going to get ahead of you.

Since the NCL website has so many issues, I'd just pick out excursions I was interested in and call. Don't log in & go to myncl - just go to the shore excursions page.

I'm not booked yet but I went on & have a word document with all the shore excursions for each port of the cruise we are planning. I understand they might not be offered for my cruise but we are using the list for ideas & research.

• 2 weeks later...
There appears to be something odd going on with the excursions list right now. We are on the Dawn repositioning cruise that ends on Nov. 11. Last Friday evening we booked a ship excursion for Cozumel - there were many to choose from. Today I can see only only one Cozumel excursion. I posted this quirk on our Roll Call and others said they can see many excursions showing for Cozumel. Hopefully the full list will return soon for all passengers.

Good luck and have a great cruise.

I just got off the phone with Norwegian....we are 84 days out and only 42 excursions for 5 stops. I didn't believe it when the excursion supervisor told me this, but after what you said it must be true even if it is stupid. She said that once you have an excursion booked on a particular port, no others will appear. I thought she was just making this up because it is so ridiculous.

My husband also set reservations for the steak house and we never got a confirmation so he called on it and guess what? no reservation.

Not a good experience for my first time on NCL.

I just got off the phone with Norwegian....we are 84 days out and only 42 excursions for 5 stops. I didn't believe it when the excursion supervisor told me this, but after what you said it must be true even if it is stupid. She said that once you have an excursion booked on a particular port, no others will appear. I thought she was just making this up because it is so ridiculous.

My husband also set reservations for the steak house and we never got a confirmation so he called on it and guess what? no reservation.

Not a good experience for my first time on NCL.

Yes, that is actually the case. They (NCL) don't think it is likely that you will book two different excursions for the same port on the same day, so they remove the other excursion choices from the list regarding that particular port. But you should still be able to see all excursions for that particular port on regular NCL website (not MyNCL), and then you could just call the shore excursions department and ask them to add whatever excursion you want them to add to your booking.

Edited by TrumpyNor

You do know you do NOT have to do an excursion thru the ship at all....you can do your own thing...read a guidebook...lots of info...and you can save a bundle!

Libraries have guidebooks..won't cost a cent!

This!

Book independently off Trip Advisor if you want a guided excursion and save a bundle!

Book independently off Trip Advisor if you want a guided excursion and save a bundle!

In Roatan (and most other places), we book independently. We have used and loved in Roatan - Victor Bodden fun & sun tour. Great professional company and a great day, for a wonderful price. They had many tours to choose from.

Safe sailing

1471955019557.jpg.fd57abc0104a83be54d91501c4327061.jpg

1471955048637.jpg.c7ebd82430717c423edc89bc45d28d6b.jpg

If you want a tour of Roatan I suggest contacting Daniel Johnson dot com. He will pick you up at the port and bring you on a tour of your choice. Daniel has a Monkey & Sloth Sanctuary which is absolutely awesome! There is also the Iguana Farm. His prices are super reasonable. Check him out! Also Little French Key is also a great place to see.