Anyone recently off Summit to Bermuda?

dvond

We are about to leave tomorrow and someone nicely posted a recent daily and on it, they mentioned that on the Bermuda days, shorts were allowed in dining room but another line says pants all nights so I am a tad confused.

Would be great to wear shorts 3 nights but wanted to double check

Thank you!

They were certainly permitted when we were onboard in May. DH counted 5 men in shorts at dinner just within our vicinity.

I know their guidelines say no shorts, but they sure weren't enforcing it at all. Even though DH would prefer to be in shorts, I don't think he'd even try it simply because we were taught to follow the rules. :cool:

They were certainly permitted when we were onboard in May. DH counted 5 men in shorts at dinner just within our vicinity.

I know their guidelines say no shorts, but they sure weren't enforcing it at all. Even though DH would prefer to be in shorts, I don't think he'd even try it simply because we were taught to follow the rules. :cool:

I was on the cruise to Bermuda the week after and they absolutely enforced no shorts in the dining room for dinner.

I cruise often. I was on the Summit 4 times last year. Most recent cruise was in May to Bermuda. Most people wore long pants. I did see some people in shorts in the MDR. It is happening on many cruises. Just off Windsurf. I saw people in shorts in mDR. Last year, on Windurf, I saw people in shorts denied entry to dinner. Cruises are getting more casual. If I were you, bring a pair of long pants just in case. After dinner, I saw lots of guys in shorts. I don't mind if you wear shorts.

I cruise often. I was on the Summit 4 times last year. Most recent cruise was in May to Bermuda. Most people wore long pants. I did see some people in shorts in the MDR. It is happening on many cruises. Just off Windsurf. I saw people in shorts in mDR. Last year, on Windurf, I saw people in shorts denied entry to dinner. Cruises are getting more casual. If I were you, bring a pair of long pants just in case. After dinner, I saw lots of guys in shorts. I don't mind if you wear shorts.

Yup I brought jeans for all night since "Chic" night allows and will just put shorts on for after dinner, thank you for the reply, this is our 1st Celebrity cruise been on CCL, NCL and RCL, 22x so knew their rules but not here

Edited by dvond

If you don't think rules apply to you then wear whatever you want. Because, you probably will anyhow.

Why even reply with this snark? Go back under your rock, I asked because I saw a 1st day daily that said shorts could be worn on Bermuda today but wanted to ask anyway

Why even reply with this snark? Go back under your rock, I asked because I saw a 1st day daily that said shorts could be worn on Bermuda today but wanted to ask anyway

The comment was not directed to you specifically, it was directed to those who do not wish to follow the current guidelines. If you saw a note in the daily that referred to wearing shorts in the main dining room then why did you even bother asking the question? The celebrity FAQ's reference number 478 is quite clear on what can be worn in the main dining room restaurant and theater. Adhere to it or not.

It's not about whether the rules are enforced. It's also not about what others do. It's about what the rules are and whether you decide to abide by them or ignore them. And the rule is, no shorts at dinner time. Just because 5 other people are doing 100 miles an hour on the highway with no police around, it's not suddenly legal and OK for you to drive 100 miles an hour as well.

Edited by florisdekort

Must have been the same cruise we were on (May 15, 2016). We were in the upper dining room and could not believe the amount of men wearing shorts and it seemed like the same did it night after night. Not a problem but really, a pair of slacks is too much trouble?

bosco

It's not about whether the rules are enforced. It's also not about what others do. It's about what the rules are and whether you decide to abide by them or ignore them. And the rule is, no shorts at dinner time. Just because 5 other people are doing 100 miles an hour on the highway with no police around, it's not suddenly legal and OK for you to drive 100 miles an hour as well.

[emoji1]

We were on the Bermuda cruise a few years ago and while having a drink before dinner a large family was waiting also. Then a man showed up in Bermuda shorts and they all started laughing and having a good time and then tried to go into dinner. He then returned to the bar because he was told to pull his knee socks up to the bottom of his Bermuda shorts or he would have to change. Honestly it was very sad - firstly we were in Bermuda where the shorts are acceptable for business and the family was having such a fun time that he chose to dress in Bermuda shorts. I say try it.

Celebrity has always been strict about shorts in the MDR for dinner. Usually if you see someone in shorts it is for 1 o 3 reasons.

1. First night they give leeway because they know not everyone has their luggage.

2. They may not force someone to go back and change out of courtesy but will very politely tell them on future nights come in long pants.

3. Someone did not get their luggage for the entire cruise.

Must have been the same cruise we were on (May 15, 2016). We were in the upper dining room and could not believe the amount of men wearing shorts and it seemed like the same did it night after night. Not a problem but really, a pair of slacks is too much trouble?

bosco

YES, bosco! That's the one! We were shocked but since we haven't cruised Celebrity a lot, we thought maybe this was the norm for the rules to be ignored.

I was on the cruise to Bermuda the week after and they absolutely enforced no shorts in the dining room for dinner.

We were on the May 29th Summit Bermuda cruise and definetly saw men and women wearing shorts in the MDR at dinner.

I voiced my displeasure with Celebrity over the matter.

Edited by CruisingChick