butler etc: will they call you how you wish?

luckyinpa

I've only been on two cruise lines, but on both lines they all always referred to me as Mrs (Surname), without prompting. I prefer to just be called by my first name but I figure these people all have enough to do without worrying about what I want to be called.

But next time? I'm totally going for Princess. Thanks for the inspiration!

I've only been on two cruise lines, but on both lines they all always referred to me as Mrs (Surname), without prompting. I prefer to just be called by my first name but I figure these people all have enough to do without worrying about what I want to be called.

But next time? I'm totally going for Princess. Thanks for the inspiration!

YW, and id pay 9.99 plus 18% service charge to have what i want put on my room key. they also need to start offering 'bling' packages where the outside of your door is decorated for you before you arrive. the bonvoyage pak is only for inside i believe :)

has the butler called you by your preferred name/middle name rather than your first name (which is on your cruise docs) ( i was told by this forum to put my full name on the itinerary )

i never use my 1st name and yes, it would annoy me to continually be called by it. i realize the one time people i deal with and see my card is something ill have to deal with and try not to stress too much:D

The butler is going to address you by your last name, not your first name, even if you tell him to use your first name.

The butler is going to address you by your last name, not your first name, even if you tell him to use your first name.

Ours have been Ms. First Name and Mr First Name. My BIL on the last cruise was Mr Donie (Donny) and it was so cute that we all started calling him Mr Donie!

Ours have been Ms. First Name and Mr First Name. My BIL on the last cruise was Mr Donie (Donny) and it was so cute that we all started calling him Mr Donie!

LMAO when I started reading this board I was feeling like really....for me unless we are being called hey (use your imagination) that is the least of my concern on a cruise. But then...I went on the cruise with my mom...our butler referred to my mom as "mom". Now I am not usually fond of even my dearest oldest friends who have known me over 45 yrs calling my mom "mom". I felt very comfortable and even happy ...and she loved it! He treated her as the Queen she is :) He was very respectful and it just felt right. I guess its all in your particular situation.

Our butler heard us calling our son Nolan "Noley" our first day, as that's one of our nicknames for him, and he calling him Noley for the whole cruise. He called my older son Mr Ryan and my husband and I Ma'am and Sir.