How long does it take for a ships "Concierge" to respond?

Dlanco

All:

I've reached out to the concierge on Oasis (there are two listed for contact via email) on our upcoming cruise. I realize they are busy with active guests on the ship but curious as to how long it takes them to respond to a quick email request. Would three weeks sufficient from the time I emailed them to expect even a quick acknowledgement that they got my request and are perhaps working on it?

I want to be fair to them and their busy schedules / routine.

All:

I've reached out to the concierge on Oasis (there are two listed for contact via email) on our upcoming cruise. I realize they are busy with active guests on the ship but curious as to how long it takes them to respond to a quick email request. Would three weeks sufficient from the time I emailed them to expect even a quick acknowledgement that they got my request and are perhaps working on it?

Without knowing more about what you requested there is no answer. They will not normally respond until they have an answer. IOW you will not get a reply if no answer is available. Very little is done or doable until the week prior. Be patient. Enjoy :)

we sail next week and haven't gotten a response to our request.. I am assuming they have honored the request but I obviously won't find out until I board the oasis

When were on Oasis a couple of years ago Isreal and Allen wouldn't give the people in the lounge the time of day, so if they are still there you probably will never get a response. The suite concierge is usually busy getting his suite guests taken care of and getting emails out to arriving guests. Maybe the good folks here can help you if it a question to be answered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All:

too far out. at best a week before boarding.

When were on Oasis a couple of years ago Isreal and Allen wouldn't give the people in the lounge the time of day, so if they are still there you probably will never get a response. The suite concierge is usually busy getting his suite guests taken care of and getting emails out to arriving guests. Maybe the good folks here can help you if it a question to be answered.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That attitude is also among other ships.

I realize they are busy with active guests on the ship but curious as to how long it takes them to respond to a quick email request. Would three weeks sufficient from the time I emailed them to expect even a quick acknowledgement that they got my request and are perhaps working on it?

I have discussed this with several Concierges. In all cases their normal routing during a given cruise is to care for the guests on that cruise and prepare for the following cruise. The latter includes ensuring that each of their guest's SeaPass cards are in order by going through them all manually. Checking any requests that are in the Cruise Planner and Excursions and answering emails for those coming on the next cruise. I never asked if they routinely send email to all Suite guests.

This process can get messed up when there is a change in Concierges for vacation or one has to go home on an emergency or is hospitalized. I have seen the results of all of these while in the Concierge lounge. There is not usually a backup Concierge on a given ship therefore the Guest Services Manager just assigns an available person to fill in until a qualified person is made available by Miami.

Edited by Scotty G
grammar

More than a few weeks out they take a little longer. But I've never had an issue. They are most responsive 7 days and under when they can actually confirm stuff.

Weird to hear a negative about Israel. So many people sing his praises. But he's a Genie now anyway.