CPAP Machine

mprcruiser

I have been recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and now have a CPAP machine. The directions say to only use distilled water. Has anyone had any experience using bottled water in these machines. Would the ship furnish distilled water (I know for a price) for the machine?

Thanks

Took my cpap machine on the Summit. Called celebrity in advance of the cruise to let them know I was bringing on my cpap machine and needed an extension cord and distilled water. They supplied an extension cord and a gallon container of distilled water. right after we arrived. I reminded my cabin steward and he brought it immediately. No problem whatsoever.

The Special Needs form is located here:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs-form

I've been traveling with a CPAP for a few years now, and never had an issue with Celebrity. As someone else mentioned, if the extension cord and distilled water isn't in your cabin right away, just ask your steward. Very simple.

I have been recently diagnosed with sleep apnea and now have a CPAP machine. The directions say to only use distilled water. Has anyone had any experience using bottled water in these machines. Would the ship furnish distilled water (I know for a price) for the machine? Thanks

YES, from our two sailings with Celebrity (plus with other cruise lines), they have been excellent in providing (at no extra cost) that needed distilled water for use with my CPAP machine. Yes, let them know in advance. And, an extension cord will probably be needed and they can be helpful in that regard, too.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 152,866 views for this posting.

YES, from our two sailings with Celebrity (plus with other cruise lines), they have been excellent in providing (at no extra cost) that needed distilled water for use with my CPAP machine. Yes, let them know in advance. And, an extension cord will probably be needed and they can be helpful in that regard, too.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 152,866 views for this posting.

We took our first cruise with a CPAP in April. Not only did X provide the extension cord and distilled water, but our room steward laid out the extension cord under the bed and over the headboard, and each night connected the cord to the power and taped it down. In the morning he would roll up the end that went to the outlet and tuck it under the bed !!

It was a great experience as to how they handle "special needs".

Steve

as the DW of a DH who has travelled all around the world with his CPAP machine!!!......1) please be sure you pack ALL the items you need to plug this machine in....converters/plugs/cords etc. Last fall in Barcelona...he discovered he had not packed ALL the "pieces of the pie"....and we were lucky enough to find some very special help...from the internet...the hotel...and a great CPAP tech in a medical practice in Barcelona...to be able to buy what he forgot to bring!!! :( we were getting on a ship to do a T/A.... 2) Bring EVERY adaptor you can think of...with you...and if you still don't have the right one...the hotel and/or ship can help you....but please try and be prepared!!! 3) Bring your own extension cord...yes...the ship can supply one...but sometimes they are HUGE...and you might need one in a hotel before or after a cruise as well! 4) Yes...X will help with the water...but do call ahead so it is there and you don['t have to stress about it!! And one last thing...never/never CHECK your machine...it is a "medical device" and not considered as a "carry-on" ...so it doesn't "count"!!! We checked it once...years ago...and it was never found again!!! :) LuAnn

Edited by LuAnn

as the DW of a DH who has travelled all around the world with his CPAP machine!!!......1) please be sure you pack ALL the items you need to plug this machine in....converters/plugs/cords etc. Last fall in Barcelona...he discovered he had not packed ALL the "pieces of the pie"....and we were lucky enough to find some very special help...from the internet...the hotel...and a great CPAP tech in a medical practice in Barcelona...to be able to buy what he forgot to bring!!! :( we were getting on a ship to do a T/A.... 2) Bring EVERY adaptor you can think of...with you...and if you still don't have the right one...the hotel and/or ship can help you....but please try and be prepared!!! 3) Bring your own extension cord...yes...the ship can supply one...but sometimes they are HUGE...and you might need one in a hotel before or after a cruise as well! 4) Yes...X will help with the water...but do call ahead so it is there and you don['t have to stress about it!! And one last thing...never/never CHECK your machine...it is a "medical device" and not considered as a "carry-on" ...so it doesn't "count"!!! We checked it once...years ago...and it was never found again!!! :) LuAnn

My DH has had a cpap for years, it has everywhere with us, always take as hand luggage on flights never an issue thought they do normally pull it over for a security search.

We just complete the X special needs form and there is always distilled water in the cabin, though the machine does not need it.

One of the tech team normally comes and checks that it is fully electrically tested, never a problem, do it want to blow the ship's fuses.