Time to give up on Customer Relations???

amyben40

I have a Norwegian Credit card and earned an onboard credit with my points. I applied the onboard credit to my cruise, then a few weeks later decided to upgrade room category.

My reservation number didn't change so I "assumed" that my onboard credit from my credit card wouldn't go away..... The onboard credit was not part of my original reservation perks so why would it go away? Right?

It went away. No one could help me onboard. When we returned, they couldn't help me for 3-5 days after we returned. Called again, the phone people couldn't help me, I needed to fill out an online form. The form takes up to 3 weeks to process... Over the last few weeks, I've been on hold for hours trying to follow up. The phone line is only open when I'm working so I was never able to hold long enough to get through. After 7 weeks, I finally got my response and it said that I lost all of my booking perks when I rebooked. I had written the whole story in my online form. IT WASN'T A BOOKING PERK!! It was given to me from Bank of America for a credit card perk.

Anyway, is it time to give up or has anyone had any luck pursuing this type of issue?

Thanks for posting. I have OBC from BOA and just upgraded my room for my 8/31 cruise. I plan to call on Monday to confirm the transfer of this OBC. My purchased OBC and other amenities are showing in my record. I hope I can get this solved before I leave. My reservation number remained the same also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right BOA points are NOT Norwegian points. Because you upgraded, that is considered a new booking. Sometimes not even Norwegian perks are transferable to new bookings.

I would think your best bet would be to see if BOA can help- maybe apply their OBC to your account.

Thanks!! I will call BOA tomorrow. I called them once already and they referred me to Norwegian. I will try again before I give up.

We upgraded to a Spa Balcony and I lost a 100.00 OBC through NCL. Only cost 248.00 to upgrade .

It is for this reason that when we cash out our points, we just have them send us the check rather than get an OBC. We then use the cash to apply to any on board charges to our credit card after the cruise. That way it is out of NCL's hands to screw up.

I have a Norwegian Credit card and earned an onboard credit with my points. I applied the onboard credit to my cruise, then a few weeks later decided to upgrade room category.

My reservation number didn't change so I "assumed" that my onboard credit from my credit card wouldn't go away..... The onboard credit was not part of my original reservation perks so why would it go away? Right?

It went away. No one could help me onboard. When we returned, they couldn't help me for 3-5 days after we returned. Called again, the phone people couldn't help me, I needed to fill out an online form. The form takes up to 3 weeks to process... Over the last few weeks, I've been on hold for hours trying to follow up. The phone line is only open when I'm working so I was never able to hold long enough to get through. After 7 weeks, I finally got my response and it said that I lost all of my booking perks when I rebooked. I had written the whole story in my online form. IT WASN'T A BOOKING PERK!! It was given to me from Bank of America for a credit card perk.

Anyway, is it time to give up or has anyone had any luck pursuing this type of issue?

Your issue is with BOA, not NCL.

amyben, thank you fr posting about this issue. At this point I would have about $200 OBC from my NCL card if I were to use it on my cruise next month. I've decided to earn more and use it on a later booking, but at least I'm now aware of this issue if I decide to upgrade.

Please come back and update us after you call Bank of America. GOOD LUCK!

I always cash out these BOA credits against my credit card. Never take OBC. Works perfectly every time, including last week.

There is a "disclosure" comment that redemptions are final, so it could have something to do with the cruise change?

I always cash out these BOA credits against my credit card. Never take OBC. Works perfectly every time, including last week.

There is a "disclosure" comment that redemptions are final, so it could have something to do with the cruise change?

Just got my first bill from NCL credit card.

Is the cash out option the same as the statement credit?

Edited by Aldeya

I switched sail dates, and also kept my same booking number. Before I made any changes, NCL vacation planner advised me prior to making any changes, to call BofA first to cancel the OBC on the original sail date. I gave them my new sail date and they sent notification to NCL the OBC was being transferred. I then called NCL back verifying I had spoken with BofA regarding my new sail date. This change generated a new amenity invoice for my OBC with the new sail date.

I called the Bank of America number for redeeming on board credits. They need to look into it and told me I should receive a call back by the end of the week.

IDK, this is a lot of wasted time for $150. I did have a gut feeling that I should take the statement credit, but onboard credit is more fun....unless you don't get it.....

I will post again when/if I hear back.

Until then, take the statement credit!!!!!

I got my call back already!! YIPPEE!!

My points were out in limbo because when I rebooked all promo codes were wiped out.

My points have already been returned to my credit card, so I'm a happy girl!!

If this has happened to you, call the Bank of America number for redeeming the points for onboard credit. They took care of it quickly!

Good luck! If you are always looking to upgrade your cabin like I do, take the statement credit. If you book the cabin you'll be happy to sail in, the onboard credit should be ok.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!! Happy sailing!!

Just got my first bill from NCL credit card.

Is the cash out option the same as the statement credit?

I redeem my points to lower the cruise cost. I most always late book, so full payment- I then call the redemption number, with my booking number and specifically state it is to lower the cruise cost. (which is on the redemption list sheet). It can take time to appear on my account. IF you did not specifically redeem your points for this option, it isn't going to appear on your credit card.

Thanks for posting. I have OBC from BOA and just upgraded my room for my 8/31 cruise. I plan to call on Monday to confirm the transfer of this OBC. My purchased OBC and other amenities are showing in my record. I hope I can get this solved before I leave. My reservation number remained the same also.

When I checked today, my BOA OBC was moved with my reservation. The deal with my upsell was all my current amenities moved to the new room and I did not get the newly offered amenities nor the Haven amenities. I don't know if that's the reason I didn't have an issue. But I received a new amenity invoice and everything is there. I also called twice and the two agents I spoke to confirmed the correct amenities.

I got my call back already!! YIPPEE!!

My points were out in limbo because when I rebooked all promo codes were wiped out.

My points have already been returned to my credit card, so I'm a happy girl!!

If this has happened to you, call the Bank of America number for redeeming the points for onboard credit. They took care of it quickly!

Good luck! If you are always looking to upgrade your cabin like I do, take the statement credit. If you book the cabin you'll be happy to sail in, the onboard credit should be ok.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!! Happy sailing!!

Congrats! Patience pays.