Allure - Live August 28th to September 4th - Changes in Latitude Change my Attitude

A&L_Ont

Hi Andrew - 1st time follower.

I hate to give you work on your vacation, but if you get a chance, could you find out the following:

Is cups and scoops included as a Star Class benefit? (I've seen conflicting answers on the boards) Are the milkshakes at JR included?

Is the character breakfast charge included as a Star Class guest?

Sailing 11 weeks from today on the Allure in a Star Class room - look forward to hearing about your week.

Hi Andrew - 1st time follower.

I hate to give you work on your vacation, but if you get a chance, could you find out the following:

Is cups and scoops included as a Star Class benefit? (I've seen conflicting answers on the boards) Are the milkshakes at JR included?

Is the character breakfast charge included as a Star Class guest?

Sailing 11 weeks from today on the Allure in a Star Class room - look forward to hearing about your week.

Milks shakes are not included at JR. Ice cream is not included at scoops. lobster and dry aged steaks are not included at chops. The wine pairing at 150 and chef's table is not included.

I will see what I can't find out about the character breakfast and the cup cakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I see Lisa has her lavender on. Maybe you can recreate the photo now :)

If I ask her to wear lavender at home after this week I might just get in trouble.

Have a great time!

If you can find out how long CD Dru will be onboard, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Hi Donna. We saw Dru on the TV and if we see him in person we will ask.

The Captain just came on the speaker to announce that we are returning to port for a medical emergency. It will be a quick transfer and then we are gone. Thankfully we aren't far from port.

13713e3987417a4784e987514a33b2fb.jpg

You know you're addicted to periscope when you're waving at Andrew from another person's scope ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

Haha me too! I was dual scoping Billy's and Andrew's!! So fun!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

IMO now the most important bag is in.

bc8e62fcd6439fb2af75f981ef28c296.jpg

Following along Andrew. Thanks for the live review. Awesome as always.

Do you pack anything else in your most important bag besides your three flowboards (i.e. add'l padding)? Also, what do you tell the airline when checking your bag at the counter?

I'll be flying to catch the Harmony in seven weeks. Can't wait.

atgood

Edited by atgood

They just came on and said that more people were getting off but they did not need more ambulances. I wonder how many they have used already. I would assume more than one by that comment.

Well, fellow cruise addicts, it's time to pack your virtual bags for another cruise. Have them at your front door for this Saturday morning. I will honk once at 10am, and if you're not ready, you better get to your nearest airport ASAP. Otherwise, we will meet you at the gangway on Sunday. If you are any later than that, you better be prepared to be singled out as the newest pier runner on YouTube or Periscope.

So where are we off to this time you ask? Let me give you a hint in the form of a quote from the world renowned scientist Dr. Emmett Brown, the inventor of time travel and a student of all sciences. "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads". I guess you could say we are going "Back to the Future". We are returning to Allure of the Seas, but on its new eastern itinerary. As of now we are to be porting in St Martin, San Juan and Labadee. This will be confirmed as we go forward.:eek:

I followed your last B2B live Blog, so will happily be ready to Board (Virtually of Course) Allure Again!!!!!

It will be a Awesome week!!!!! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What was the UBER rate to the port? We'll be there in November.

Enjoying your Periscopes. Thanks for taking us along. :)

It carried from $12-$25 depending on the vehicle class you picked. I'm happy to bring you along.

You know you're addicted to periscope when you're waving at Andrew from another person's scope ;)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Tapatalk

Ha ha, not everybody gets it.

Now some of you know I have an addiction, or is it an affliction to flow ride. For those who didn't know, you do now. Well anyhow I got an email from a fellow rider with a link to an eBay item for sale.

I may have convinced Lisa to go on this cruise, but there is no way I'd win her over on this purchase. Now that being said Christmas is 4 months today and Owen could really use a gift like this. [emoji3]

c5bb8a9c8e7ae44f869724c4c2e1c0fe.jpg

May not ship to Canada??? :eek: Probably doesn't include the water, anyways . . . :rolleyes:

Hi Andrew, thank you for all the great information. Can you check in the menus in the main dining room? Are they still the old menus? I'm on next week and wondering if they have changed over yet. Thanks!

I will ask if they have the new menus yet. We don't actually go to the MDR, but I will ask someone who looks like they might be in the know.

I will ask if they have the new menus yet. We don't actually go to the MDR, but I will ask someone who looks like they might be in the know.

The menus should be in you suite binder in your room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Following along Andrew. Thanks for the live review. Awesome as always.

Do you pack anything else in your most important bag besides your three flowboards (i.e. add'l padding)? Also, what do you tell the airline when checking your bag at the counter?

I'll be flying to catch the Harmony in seven weeks. Can't wait.

atgood

I wrap them in a large bubble wrap, and use split styrofoam pipe wrap to protect the edges. If I remember I will post pics at the end of the cruise when I am packing them up. There was also a snorkel, mask and flippers in the the bag in the picture. Sometimes I also throw extra flip flops in too.

As for the flying we typically fly Delta, but have used Air Canada as well. We just say I have two bags when I do online checkin and they have never questioned us when we arrive at the airport. I don't call it oversized as they might want to upcharge you. The bag is also a padded bad. I also check it with the normal luggage. I have met one person who takes it as carryon, but I guess I would rather not drag it.

They have flown that way from Detroit to Fort Lauderdale at least 12 times round trip and from Toronto to Italy and back. Knock on wood so far no problems.