PrePaid Laundry

Denverbri69

Is dry cleaning included in the prepaid laundry service?:D

no,it's not sorry. Your clothes will come back nicely pressed on hangers or in a lovely wicker basket (depending upon the type). But drycleaning is extra and must be paid for - not part of the package.

You can call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 and ask the price of dry cleaning for your cruise.

Just give them the ship name, date and length of cruise.

Just off a 14 day HAL cruise . Laundry was $20USD a bag or $50 USD for unlimited laundry for 7 days ($3.50 US per person per day). Both people in a cabin have to have the unlimited laundry package.

Just off a 14 day HAL cruise . Laundry was $20USD a bag or $50 USD for unlimited laundry for 7 days ($3.50 US per person per day). Both people in a cabin have to have the unlimited laundry package.

You may be confusing the SBP rules with the unlimited laundry rules. For the SBP, both guests in a cabin must purchase the SBP, to prevent sharing of drinks. For the unlimited laundry, the price quoted to me by HAL's ship's services and the front desk onboard was $7 per day for the cabin, ($9 per day in Europe). The unlimited laundry package is always based on the cabin, not individual passengers in that cabin. A tip, if you are cruising in Europe, for a long cruise, you can book the unlimited laundry package ahead of time by calling Ship's Services, and you only pay $7 per day, not the onboard purchase price of $9. Not a big deal on a 7 day cruise, but we were on a 28 day cruise through the Med and TA, and the savings by purchasing ahead of time bought us about 3/4 of a Pinnacle Grill dinner for 2.

• 1 month later...
You may be confusing the SBP rules with the unlimited laundry rules. For the SBP, both guests in a cabin must purchase the SBP, to prevent sharing of drinks. For the unlimited laundry, the price quoted to me by HAL's ship's services and the front desk onboard was $7 per day for the cabin, ($9 per day in Europe). The unlimited laundry package is always based on the cabin, not individual passengers in that cabin. A tip, if you are cruising in Europe, for a long cruise, you can book the unlimited laundry package ahead of time by calling Ship's Services, and you only pay $7 per day, not the onboard purchase price of $9. Not a big deal on a 7 day cruise, but we were on a 28 day cruise through the Med and TA, and the savings by purchasing ahead of time bought us about 3/4 of a Pinnacle Grill dinner for 2.

We have tried THREE TIMES now to call ahead for unlimited laundry for our European cruise and all three times, Ship Services insisted on charging us $9 a day. Also, they want $30 a bag. Why are they charging more for Europe when they are using the same exact ship, equipment and crew as elsewhere in the world and charge $7 a day there? What gives?

We have tried THREE TIMES now to call ahead for unlimited laundry for our European cruise and all three times, Ship Services insisted on charging us $9 a day. Also, they want $30 a bag. Why are they charging more for Europe when they are using the same exact ship, equipment and crew as elsewhere in the world and charge $7 a day there? What gives?

I suspect that HQ has caught on to the fact that laundry on European cruises cost more and anyone who tries to pay the lower rate will not be successful. As to why it costs more in Europe, I don't know. I believe there was some supposition that it includes the VAT but I don't know that is true. US$2 on a US$7 purchase is a LOT of VAT!!

our 14 day laundry package on our Iceland cruise was $95 USD for the cabin. We sailed in June 2016 on the Rotterdam. I did it as an experiment and it was a steal. I just filled out the form in cabin and gave it to our cabin attendant. Easy. We filled our bag in the am and got it back before bedtime. Easy.

the math works out to $6.78 per day for our cabin. The test was a success.

I think this is a great deal. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh. We will pack less and launder more.

Edited by sammygoose
elaborate

We just got off of the Oosterdam sailing in Europe and got the unlimited laundry package for $7 per day per cabin by booking ahead. It was a lifesaver! After spending a week and a half in Europe prior to the HAL cruise we needed the laundry service in a big way! And most of our clothes were clean and folded in our luggage on the way home. A great bargain!

I have just made two calls to Shipboard Services. Same answer both times, $9 a day. So the choice is order now and pay it on a credit card or take care of it with shipboard credit. If there is a secret to the $7 charge I would love to hear it.

I have just made two calls to Shipboard Services. Same answer both times, $9 a day. So the choice is order now and pay it on a credit card or take care of it with shipboard credit. If there is a secret to the $7 charge I would love to hear it.
I just called, and was quoted $70 for our 10 night trip in November. Not sure why you are being quoted a different rate?

I just called, and was quoted $70 for our 10 night trip in November. Not sure why you are being quoted a different rate?

Dismom - your cruise is in the Caribbean, right? It's always $7 a day there.

I think aa7yy is on a cruise in Europe. That and some other exotic itineraries have different pricing for unlimited laundry ;)

Yes, I am on a 27 day Barcelona to Tampa cruise. There is at least three places out there where people say, "call ahead of time they will do $7". Not for me. $243 for 27 days or deal with $30 a bag, dripping stuff in the bathroom and an extra suitcase.

Yes, I am on a 27 day Barcelona to Tampa cruise. There is at least three places out there where people say, "call ahead of time they will do $7". Not for me. $243 for 27 days or deal with $30 a bag, dripping stuff in the bathroom and an extra suitcase.

HAL might have clued in by now that the wrong price was being charged for the Europe cruises? Not sure. Worth another call though for the fun of it in case you get someone who doesn't know? LOL.

I'd go for the laundry deal whether you choose the bag or unlimited. If you are good at rolling you can get a lot of stuff in that laundry bag even though it doesn't look large ;)