Booked & paid in full last Saturday-today price is $400 less

So, I've been trying to talk DH into booked the Anthem in October. Finally convinced him, now was the time to book, so I did on Saturday and paid in full. He kept saying, I bet the price will go down, you wait and see! Well, I just checked and I know I shouldn't have....it went down $412. Do I call and see if anything can be done or not frustrate myself?! I am not telling him about it!!! I could kick myself for not waiting one more week....

So, I've been trying to talk DH into booked the Anthem in October. Finally convinced him, now was the time to book, so I did on Saturday and paid in full. He kept saying, I bet the price will go down, you wait and see! Well, I just checked and I know I shouldn't have....it went down $412. Do I call and see if anything can be done or not frustrate myself?! I am not telling him about it!!! I could kick myself for not waiting one more week....

Call it can't hurt and you might be able to convince them to give some OBC or upgrade [emoji12][emoji12][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check if any higher category staterooms also came down in price where you might be able to upgrade for little or no extra cost.

It's a gamble. You could have waited a week and discovered that all of the cabins are gone. Or that prices increased.

Be happy with what you have, unless (as mentioned here) a higher category has decreased to the point that you want to upgrade yourselves.

We booked a balcony guarantee and am happy with the cabin we were assigned. I should of known better than to keep checking the price!!! I think I'll just pretend I never looked and I promise I will not look again!!!

I assume you were within the paid in full period? Cruise prices usually go down right after that . Last year the rooms I booked went down over $3,000 (4 rooms) right after PIF date. Because of the occupancy restrictions only 1 room (party of 2) could be upgraded. I was disappointed but nothing I could do. So as long as you got the room that you wanted on the ship you wanted, go and have a wonderful cruise!

I assume you were within the paid in full period? Cruise prices usually go down right after that . Last year the rooms I booked went down over $3,000 (4 rooms) right after PIF date. Because of the occupancy restrictions only 1 room (party of 2) could be upgraded. I was disappointed but nothing I could do. So as long as you got the room that you wanted on the ship you wanted, go and have a wonderful cruise!

October. Well within final payment period.

I decided to call anyway and was told the only thing they could do is an upgrade but because we were assigned a D8...that it wouldn't make sense to upgrade because the D8 now is $100 more than we paid for the guarantee last week. Learned my lesson...never check prices AFTER I book and pay in full.

We never book early, always within 2-3 months of a cruise and always a guarantee and have never been disappointed.

Live and learn! Happy Cruising!

The sweet spot inside final payment (if you're gonna wait that long might as well wait a bit more) seems to be about 60 days out - that's when many sailings show up on the GGG flier as well.

What's a "GGG flier" ??

The sweet spot inside final payment (if you're gonna wait that long might as well wait a bit more) seems to be about 60 days out - that's when many sailings show up on the GGG flier as well.

Hi,

Due to circumstances/health issues we seem to book with final payment period. This is interesting about the 60 days out timing. The only concern is getting good airfare. Have you had experience with air pricing being good 60 days out too?

We just booked two cruises last week & see now there's an extra $200 obc offered on each - which would have been the 60 day mark - interesting.

Cheers,

NJ

Hi,

Due to circumstances/health issues we seem to book with final payment period. This is interesting about the 60 days out timing. The only concern is getting good airfare. Have you had experience with air pricing being good 60 days out too?

We just booked two cruises last week & see now there's an extra $200 obc offered on each - which would have been the 60 day mark - interesting.

Cheers,

NJ

DH and I never fly....we live in Mass and always sail out of New York/New Jersey and once out of Boston. I flew last fall with my sister but we had an air fare voucher which is why we flew to Miami.

I will remember to book after the 60 day mark although last Saturday was the 60 day mark....what a difference 6 days made!

If it was for the Oct 20th sailing (which I am on), prices dropped a few days ago and are killer. If you want to sail her and can go, that's the date. Inside guarantee for $700 p/p; balcony guarantee $1100 per person - for 9 days! We had a few on our roll call upgrade from insides to balconies for little or no $. But most of us booked in March/April of 2015 and our categories are still higher than what we paid. Still, if I could last minute, I'd be all over that!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I decided to call anyway and was told the only thing they could do is an upgrade but because we were assigned a D8...that it wouldn't make sense to upgrade because the D8 now is $100 more than we paid for the guarantee last week. Learned my lesson...never check prices AFTER I book and pay in full.

We never book early, always within 2-3 months of a cruise and always a guarantee and have never been disappointed.

Live and learn! Happy Cruising!

Don't regret. You are not alone in this situation Just enjoy it!