Boarding "CHANGES"

wenocancer2

If you purchase Carnival transportation from the airport, you will be able to enter the terminal before your check in time

This is true, we are sailing on Sept 17, 2016. We received an email from CCL stating that we would be able to enter the terminal earlier because we are using a CCL transfer. But the email stated they would still like everyone to select a desired check in time, to include Platinum, Diamond, Suites. Even though those would be able to enter the terminal at any time.

We're Diamond so it is not the check in time that is the issue, but I have never seen the boarding start so late in Galveston unless the ship was late arriving or there was fog. Even with USPH and CBP full inspections boarding started before 12:30 in Galveston. I would be bummed if I had paid for FTTF and was expecting to board shortly after 11am, which was the norm in Galveston.

That is very strange. I had everything completed and then saw they were starting the staggered check-in. So I went and checked and saw the place to choose my check-in time. I chose Edit Online Check-In. It took me tco the next page. On the right hand side under our names was "My Check in Time" before "Stateroom Preferences". Clicked on it and then chose our time. I wonder why you don't have that option. Our cruise isn't until the end of April 2017 and it was there.

Same thing for me, checked after email from Carnival.

Wow, we skip 2015 and don't take our annual cruise and come back to all this new staggered check-in.....what in the cruising world is going on!

Seriously, I had no idea about this and we just booked a spring break cruise for 2017. We normally book 2 rooms on-line under the same booking but for some reason when I tried to select the 2nd stateroom I received an error, "Quicksell returned no cabins." My workaround was to put my DW and DD in the balcony and myself (DH) and DS in the interior in separate bookings. No big deal right?

Well, DW is Platinum and I am only mere peasant Gold so no priority check-in for the boy and I. This wasn't an issue in the past because we just rode the coattails of wifey/mom and they let us all board VIP style. We couldn't (or didn't know how) to put only minors in a room using on-line so we always booked with DW/DD in one and DH/DS in the other (had extra keys made so we could all go in either.)

I think my solution is to call (which I always try to avoid) to see if they can move the DD to the interior with the DS. Since I am in the balcony with the DW (Platinum) and our kids are in minors (separate room), we should all get VIP check-in......WHEW...that was a lot of typing. Did y'all follow all of that?

Either way, we have another 199 days until we set sail so what is another 30 minutes or so to wait in a line. Kiss the DW goodbye as they check-in VIP and tell her to have a Drink of the Day waiting on me on our aft balcony (first time to have an aft!)

Cheers!

Ali McG

We're Diamond so it is not the check in time that is the issue, but I have never seen the boarding start so late in Galveston unless the ship was late arriving or there was fog. Even with USPH and CBP full inspections boarding started before 12:30 in Galveston. I would be bummed if I had paid for FTTF and was expecting to board shortly after 11am, which was the norm in Galveston.

That's a standard time that Carnival uses in paperwork for most every port.

If you are Diamond, you know that as soon as the ship is cleared by the regulatory agencies, boarding begins.

I recently did our online check-in for Conquest (our sailing is after the implementation of the staggered process for FLL) and I was not asked to pick a check-in time slot. Perhaps it is because we booked a suite?? :confused:

same with me. for my next two cruises both are ports with staggered check in. Miami and Baltimore. i completely did my check in for both cruises and there was no where to pick a check in time. i have gone back several times to check and there is never a check in time to pick. i did cruise out of Miami last year and had to pick a check in time when i did my online check in. on my next cruise i will become platinum and all my paperwork says platinum for the cruise. i was thinking the same thing as you it must be because i am turning platinum there is no check in box.

That is very strange. I had everything completed and then saw they were starting the staggered check-in. So I went and checked and saw the place to choose my check-in time. I chose Edit Online Check-In. It took me to the next page. On the right hand side under our names was "My Check in Time" before "Stateroom Preferences". Clicked on it and then chose our time. I wonder why you don't have that option. Our cruise isn't until the end of April 2017 and it was there.

For us, it was on the left hand side.

For us, it was on the left hand side.

Yes I realized I said the wrong side much later and it was way past the time I was allowed to edit it. I figured most people would be able to find it if they got to the page and saw their names. But thank you for making it clear for everyone.

Just looked and our check-in status is complete (green check marks everywhere) and there is no option to select a boarding time. We're definitely sailing after the staggered process begins in FLL on the Conquest. Oh well. :confused:

Just click on your check in and go back in. You can do this even with your green check marks.

same with me. for my next two cruises both are ports with staggered check in. Miami and Baltimore. i completely did my check in for both cruises and there was no where to pick a check in time. i have gone back several times to check and there is never a check in time to pick. i did cruise out of Miami last year and had to pick a check in time when i did my online check in. on my next cruise i will become platinum and all my paperwork says platinum for the cruise. i was thinking the same thing as you it must be because i am turning platinum there is no check in box.

Again very strange. I know it is not because you are turning platinum. I am turning platinum on my Conquest cruise and I have the option of choosing a check in time.

Again very strange. I know it is not because you are turning platinum. I am turning platinum on my Conquest cruise and I have the option of choosing a check in time.

Yeah I don't know what the deal is. I have gone back to do it numerous times. I have even went through the whole edit process and checked every page of it and nothing. I know last year when I checked in for a Miami cruise it was just part of the check in process. Well I guess it doesn't matter since I will turn platinum and it doesn't matter what my Check in time is. But if I wasn't and couldn't do it on line and they just give me the latest one I wouldn't be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yeah I don't know what the deal is. I have gone back to do it numerous times. I have even went through the whole edit process and checked every page of it and nothing. I know last year when I checked in for a Miami cruise it was just part of the check in process. Well I guess it doesn't matter since I will turn platinum and it doesn't matter what my Check in time is. But if I wasn't and couldn't do it on line and they just give me the latest one I wouldn't be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like you and I are the only individuals seeing this issue but it's not really an issue for either of us due to our booking status. And yes, your last statement would really tick me off as well if we got caught in that situation.

Nope.... I just looked again and there is nothing between the guest names and stateroom preferences. I'm not going to worry about it. If it shows up later, I'll update the check-in time. Thank you for the info however. :)

We had the same experience when it was rolled out in Galveston. I checked in prior to it going into effect and didn't get an opportunity to select until a few days prior to the cruise.

My family is platinum (aren't we special?) and we walked right up to to Priority door and had to explain to not only the embarkation staff but a couple of fellow cruisers who had been waiting in line for a while...

Also, in the past three cruises since it went in effect I could select the early check-in slot (I think 10:30) without regard as to how soon I checked in. For our cruise coming up in a few days I completed check-in last night at got the 1:30 slot. Guess I'll meet some new friends at the door again.

Edited by BallFour4