Booking reservation for Moderno - website glitch

Justaddvodka68

We are sailing the Gem in October.

We have the 4 night "free" specialty dining and we added 3 additional nights with the package.

I've made all my reservations except I can't add Moderno without paying the $117 to pay the per person price. Moderno is an option for one of your specialty dining credits.

I called and the answer was, "I'm sorry, there's a glitch in the system where you can't book it without paying. I can't book it for you either without charging you. Your options are to pay it and receive a refund when you arrive and change it to one of your dining credits, or wait until you board to book."

I'm really annoyed by this. Particularly because the night we wanted to book this is one of our travelers birthday and I really want that night, at the time we like, (which is showing available.)

I don't want to deal with the headache of making sure we're credited later.

You have to wonder if they aren't doing this on purpose to make people who only have 3 or 4 nights SDP pay for an extra day of specialty dining thinking they can't use one of their credits for Moderno.

Anyone have any comments on this?

Thanks,

You have to wonder if they aren't doing this on purpose to make people who only have 3 or 4 nights SDP pay for an extra day of specialty dining thinking they can't use one of their credits for Moderno.

Sounds a little far-fetched to me. I haven't seen anyone else reporting the same issue, so without more evidence I would hesitate to read much more into this. Relatively few people add another SDP on top of their promotional SDP, so it's not particularly surprising that by doing this you may have unearthed a bug in the booking system.

I don't want to deal with the headache of making sure we're credited later.

It is a painless process. Of course it would be better not to have to go through it, but as long as you can think of something to do with $117 of onboard credit, this is an easy workaround.

Moderno is probably the easiest specialty restaurant on the ship to get a reservation for. You could just wait until you're on the ship to arrange it... If you go to reservations when you first board, you should have no problem getting whatever night / time you want...

The trick is that you MUST book the fixed fee restaurants first. Then the a la carte restaurants. Keeps you from getting charged.

Your only recourse is to cancel all of your dining and start over. Book Monderno, teppanyaki, dinner shows first. Then a la cartes.

The trick is that you MUST book the fixed fee restaurants first. Then the a la carte restaurants. Keeps you from getting charged.

Your only recourse is to cancel all of your dining and start over. Book Monderno, teppanyaki, dinner shows first. Then a la cartes.

yes - try this. it solved the problem for me as well.

Happened to me too. I'll just book onboard the first chance I get.

Others have had this experience as well. There are a few website glitches on the NCL site...they keep saying they're working on it.

If you feel strongly about it, call, but I think you won't have any trouble getting reservations for Moderno.

Not sure if this will help, but I had a similar problem. I think the order in which you make your dinner reservations makes a difference. In my case, this is the order of my dinner reservations for the first 4 nights when I had the 4 dinner package and no charges were on my account:

1 - Cagneys (a la carte)

2 - LaCucina (a la carte)

3 - LeBistro (a la carte)

4 - Teppanyaki (charge)

Then I upgraded this past weekend to a GTY balcony with a 3 dinner package. So today I was poking around in my reservation account today, and there's a charge for $141.36. They said I had to either pay the charge or cancel Teppanyaki. So I asked how to make reservations for Teppanyaki without being charged since it's one of the included restaurants for the dinner packages. They didn't have a clue. So I told the woman to just cancel the LeBistro reservation and see if the charge will drop off. It did. I think if I had reserved Teppanyaki for any one of the first three nights the charge would have never gone on my account, but since it was the 4th night and there were no more free dinners left after I switched to the 3 dinner package, so it charged me for 4 people that I originally made the reservation for. Kinda crazy reservation system, but at least I figured out how to get rid of the charge.

Hope this helps, or maybe at least it will save somebody else a headache later.

Enjoy your cruise.