On the Grand. SF to Alaska

shredie

Yes. It's Michael. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He is so personable ... and funny, too!! I don't care where we saw him, he would always stop by and chat with us to find out how everything was going. He was such a hard worker .... I never saw him just standing around while barking out orders to his staff. He'd chip right in if something needed to be taken care of. :)

Glacier Bay. On deck. Freezing. They are serving reindeer chili but I can't bring myself to eat Rudolph. LOL. Muts tonight is captain America. Crazy people who will sit out here at night! There's the first glacier!

When we were in Glacier Bay it was freezing ( anything below 70s is freezing) and I wouldn't have cared if all 12 reindeer were in there, that stuff was GOOD.

Went to the holiday sale today and remembered why I never do. A woman behind me in line shoved my granddaughter's stroller aside to cut in front of me. When I confronted her she said she had to do it because "people in this country are rude. " She had a British accent. That surprised me since every person I know from the whole UK is unfailingly polite. I saw her later and gave her a look and she said "you people deserve each other. " I think she needs to go home.

Crab in the MDR last night. It was good. I'm going to try to get the rest of our photos but that photo gallery is a zoo!

The last day is always a little sad for me, but I've already booked two more cruises. :) This cruise has been amazing and the staff have been great, but I'm looking forward to seeing my doggies tomorrow.

Denise

Went to the holiday sale today and remembered why I never do. A woman behind me in line shoved my granddaughter's stroller aside to cut in front of me. When I confronted her she said she had to do it because "people in this country are rude. " She had a British accent. That surprised me since every person I know from the whole UK is unfailingly polite. I saw her later and gave her a look and she said "you people deserve each other. " I think she needs to go home.

Crab in the MDR last night. It was good. I'm going to try to get the rest of our photos but that photo gallery is a zoo!

She reminds me of a lady on the Ruby last April. Even though the aft pool is "adults only" she was constantly letting her 10-year-old swim there anyway. I never said one word to her, but one morning, as her daughter was jumping around in front of stairs that lead up to the Horizon Court, I said, "Excuse me." to the little girl. The mother's response was, "Come here honey. Not everyone is as nice as us." As I hadn't had any coffee yet, it took a moment for her words to sink in. Later on that same day, she yelled at two boys for playing with a beach ball in the MUTS pool. I think she needed to go home too, the fast way, over the side. ;)

We'll be on the Grand, to Alaska, in May. Thanks for posting live and I'm thrilled to hear about the crab legs.:D

• 5 months later...
I love this ship. First time on her and I'm already in love with the layout and the decor. Embarkation was a snap. My daughter says she's never cruising fro San Pedro again. LOL.

I'll try to check in but I don't know if this will qualify as a live from [emoji1]

I have sailed out of San Pedro at least 16 times with zero issues at all. It is actually one of our favorite ports to sail out of.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...